Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Has anyone ever managed to ...

Offline stugumby

Re: Has anyone ever managed to ...
Reply #30 on: August 28, 2018, 12:52:36 AM
Tried to cut a coat hanger with a Core years ago, it side slipped and locked it up. I have several of the new models of tools that have the replaceable wire cutters, havent had to cut anything bigger than garden wire since though. My current about to be sent back for warranty pile is growing, have 2 skeletool cx that have a bit of vertical blade wiggle. tried tightening the pivot but that just makes it harder to open , still has the wiggle. Good thing they have such a robust warranty, tools were meant to be used. Broke a gerber mp 400 that way many many years ago.

Offline BertnErnie

Reply #31 on: August 28, 2018, 02:07:50 AM
A better question is why carry a surge?   Thing is like a cinder block.   Way too big.

us Offline CallsignBadger

• No Life Club
  • Honey Badger Don't Care
Reply #32 on: August 28, 2018, 02:15:38 AM
Because sometimes a tiny wrench won't do, you need a breaker bar. Is it necessary for some, no, but it has its uses.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #33 on: August 28, 2018, 02:28:57 AM
Because sometimes a tiny wrench won't do, you need a breaker bar. Is it necessary for some, no, but it has its uses.
+1

BertnErnie,

My Surge doesn't feel like too much for me, and I am not a big guy(5'8" 200lbs). My job requires some serious kit sometimes, so the heavy duty nature of the Surge is nice to have.
I'd prefer it to weigh a bit less, but it is a trade off for capability.
While I'm looking forward to the upcoming Wave challenge, I will miss the extended capability of the Surge. I'll adapt though. :)
It boils down to duty requirements and preference of weight. The Surge felt heavy for the first few days, but the weight 'incorporates' after a bit. :tu:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: August 28, 2018, 02:44:43 AM
Well put, GLBM :tu:

Some people need a sedan, others need a full sized pickup, each have their purpose in life.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #35 on: August 28, 2018, 04:13:16 AM
Thank you, CsB! :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: August 28, 2018, 04:39:08 AM
 :cheers: :tu:

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #37 on: September 26, 2018, 12:03:21 PM
  Leatherman replaced the pliers & the knife. Unknown why they replaced the blade, it was a straight edge 154CM too. Noticed that when the knife did not slide out like it used to. And they added two blackened bits.

Sent in a Serac S2 as it stopped working and was nothing I could do to get it going again. Leatherman sent the P3 as a replacement. Do not care for the P3 in that the power or momentary switch sticks out the back end. So that mean pocket carry was not an option, nor was the sheath that it was send out with. Not good to have a light going off when carried only to find out there's no light when it is needed.
  Have a Fenix E12, although it is a bit large for pocket carry - least for me. Since I merchandise I often have to check dates for the entire row. Rather than pull out the whole thing I get the flashlight to run down in between rows to check expiration dates.
  The Serac S2 was exceptional for its recessed power button and inherent water repellency that LED Lenser does not have due to the sliding focus. Was considering a LD02 but that's $35, which I guess is about the price of what the Serac S2 was.

Why on Earth did Leatherman ditch the Serac line-up?
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%