Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

JETBeam Mini-1 VS Mini-1Ti

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
JETBeam Mini-1 VS Mini-1Ti
on: August 27, 2018, 10:07:12 PM
Recently upgraded, or thought I did upgrade my Mini-1 with a Mini-1Ti. Sadly, the Ti version has a demonic parasitic drain and doesn't last more than a few days... not sure this is a general problem or just mine, just wanted to give you guys the heads up...
JETBeam.jpg
* JETBeam.jpg (Filesize: 198.23 KB)
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Re: JETBeam Mini-1 VS Mini-1Ti
Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 11:15:26 PM
Recently upgraded, or thought I did upgrade my Mini-1 with a Mini-1Ti. Sadly, the Ti version has a demonic parasitic drain and doesn't last more than a few days... not sure this is a general problem or just mine, just wanted to give you guys the heads up...

Hmmmmm,mine has no drain at all I would say.
I just plucked and tested it from a bag that I travelled with a month ago and it runs strong.

Looks like RMA time?

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 08:17:43 AM

Hmmmmm,mine has no drain at all I would say.
I just plucked and tested it from a bag that I travelled with a month ago and it runs strong.

Looks like RMA time?
Yup... its going back for a refund. I love the Mini-1, and when I saw the reversible clip of the Ti I was stoked. Unfortunately, the clip is too small for what I had in mind (you can't clip it to your baseball cap), so there is not really any justification for me to keep it.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 04:15:24 AM
it was probably a bad battery since there's no Eswitch, I dont think twistys get parasitic drain, but I know the battery on the mini I got went bad after a few months so had to replace it, the stock battery they use is garbage.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 07:39:43 AM
it was probably a bad battery since there's no Eswitch, I dont think twistys get parasitic drain, but I know the battery on the mini I got went bad after a few months so had to replace it, the stock battery they use is garbage.
Thanks for the tip, will try to switch batteries, see if that solves the trouble.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 12:16:22 PM
I have never been able to find a quality 10810 battery anywhere.
They are just a crappy size and all crappy quality overall.

Luckily they are also pretty cheap too? :dunno:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 01:24:31 AM
I have never been able to find a quality 10810 battery anywhere.
They are just a crappy size and all crappy quality overall.

Luckily they are also pretty cheap too? :dunno:

a guy on candlepowerforums was nice enough to send me a few of them, havent had a problem with them but they are no name cells. Battery Junction sells a few, the mecarmy one is probably the best, I wouldnt touch another Jetbeam battery

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 10:14:29 PM
Thanks for the tip, will try to switch batteries, see if that solves the trouble.
So, switched batteries to no avail. After 3 days the battery is flat on the Ti, while the battery in the Mini-1 is still fine.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 12:49:40 AM
So, switched batteries to no avail. After 3 days the battery is flat on the Ti, while the battery in the Mini-1 is still fine.

very weird, must be an issue with the charging circuit, that sucks, hope you sort it out.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%