Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Another Modded Kutmaster Wrench Head

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Another Modded Kutmaster Wrench Head
on: September 04, 2018, 03:45:23 AM
I used some tools out of this wrench head to modify my Winchester-branded tool, which had a different toolset and the better two-piece jaws.  Rather than leave this one missing parts, I figured I’d mod it into something useful too.

So here is a wrench head with a blade, file, fish scaler, serrated blade, and awl.

It of course still works as pliers and a T-handle but driver as well.

The awl and serrated blade are the only original tools. The file and blade are out of the Winchester tool. The fish scaler is out of a Coast Sport Mechanic, and includes both metric and inch rulers.

Though the blade and file are from the Winchester, the toolset remains the same... except the spark plug gap gauge is replaced with the fish scaler. Also the Winchester file doesn’t have a scraper edge ground into it.

I actually think this might be more useful for some people. I rarely need a spark plug gauge. Actually I never need one. Plug gaps aren’t as critical today as they were 30 years ago, and plugs last much longer to boot. But a ruler... that I can use. If I was a fisherman I might even use the scaler. Seems more useful than a spark plug gauge to me.

Thoughts?

Charles.

Charles.

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Re: Another Modded Kutmaster Wrench Head
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 03:51:03 AM
The scaler is ground properly and matches the profile of the other tools. It locks correctly, as it should.

Charles.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD