Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Maglite Flashlight Club

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: Maglite Flashlight Club
Reply #30 on: November 29, 2018, 02:04:55 AM
I do like that grey finish Gbrman - that’s the alarm bell side of tempting  :like:
Thank you, Bill! :cheers:

The metallic grey is quite attractive and wears very well. :)

More great pics as well GLBM :like: :like: I love the look of Mags for sure :dd: Always have and probably always will :tu: :like:
Thank you, Poncho!  :cheers:
Maglite has those 'timeless' looks for sure. They don't seem to need to make chunky billet casings and absurd lumen levels to be popular. A mark of a good tool.  :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #31 on: November 29, 2018, 02:41:43 AM
I think that they function well and have a nice look to them :tu: much the same reasons that I like Olight  as well :tu: :like:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #32 on: November 29, 2018, 03:14:09 AM
I think your photo of that Maglite needs more light. :D

:iagree:

but still a nice looking mod, MadP :like:
Thanks, maybe I’ll get a better pic if I can find it..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #33 on: November 29, 2018, 03:21:37 AM
I think your photo of that Maglite needs more light. :D

:iagree:

but still a nice looking mod, MadP :like:
Thanks, maybe I’ll get a better pic if I can find it..
JR

:salute: :like:

:popcorn:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: November 30, 2018, 10:39:32 PM
Here’s a better look at that mod and how bright it is compared to the led and a norm..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #35 on: November 30, 2018, 11:43:25 PM
Very nice, JR! :like:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: December 01, 2018, 01:02:22 AM
Thanks, I was just kinda mad that defensive bezel didn’t fit on the new led, cause that would like make the perfect Maglite!
JR
Woo-hoo :woohoo: this makes post 14600!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 01:03:50 AM by MadPlumbarian »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: December 01, 2018, 03:06:03 AM
Thanks for the comparison pics, MadP :tu: and congrats on the posting milestone :like: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #38 on: January 10, 2019, 01:10:00 PM
I have recently picked up a new Xl50 and a Magtac  :cheers: they both have clips and are pretty bright :like: I need to get some pics of them and even show a comparison of the older XL50 both with fresh batteries in :salute: So far I am really liking both of these new LEDs from Maglite :tu:

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #39 on: January 12, 2019, 10:41:20 PM
I got a 25 dollar Home Depot gift card for Christmas. Found another XL50 Mag , this time with clip and led lens color filters. These are awesome little lights. Clip looks to be well built and the light is bright.  :woohoo:

You can't go wrong with this Maglite.  :tu:

20190112_152250
20190112_152317
20190112_152358
20190112_152417
20190112_152521
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: January 12, 2019, 11:15:37 PM
Nice! :like:

I am going to have to go to the Orange store and check these out again I guess?
I have a few still in the drawer from long ago but never use them at all but if they are really improved it may be worth another shot.
Mine always flew through batteries at an alarming rate though I carried one for a long time anyway.

I also carried 2aa mags forever and could not live without them until I discovered the rest of the hobby and never looked back.

I got a 25 dollar Home Depot gift card for Christmas. Found another XL50 Mag , this time with clip and led lens color filters. These are awesome little lights. Clip looks to be well built and the light is bright.  :woohoo:

You can't go wrong with this Maglite.  :tu:

20190112_152250
20190112_152317
20190112_152358
20190112_152417
20190112_152521

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: January 12, 2019, 11:24:42 PM
This is how I used to roll
Mags & Pinchy in a RipOffs holster!
Oh the Good Old Days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #42 on: January 13, 2019, 12:38:37 AM
Ah the good old days,
Started all with that leatherman combo sheath, simple multitool and a standard Maglite!
Then the size of the flashlight changed and I had to come up with something to keep it combo, so I ended up having to making my own..
Now it’s just a simple pocket knife, heck after climbing size of lumens in diff flashlights right back to a simple double AA led maglight, lol.. could go right back to the simple combo leatherman sheath, lol..
JR

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #43 on: January 13, 2019, 02:08:11 AM
Great pics Pacu :cheers: That is the same set I bought of my XL50 as well :tu: I like all the accessories and the newer light really is brighter than the other older one :salute:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #44 on: January 13, 2019, 02:08:43 AM
Oh the Good Old Days

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

That was a great combo and still is :tu: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #45 on: January 13, 2019, 02:10:54 AM
Ah the good old days,
Started all with that leatherman combo sheath, simple multitool and a standard Maglite!
Then the size of the flashlight changed and I had to come up with something to keep it combo, so I ended up having to making my own..
Now it’s just a simple pocket knife, heck after climbing size of lumens in diff flashlights right back to a simple double AA led maglight, lol.. could go right back to the simple combo leatherman sheath, lol..
JR

Mags are a timeless design :cheers: I am glad that they are starting to catch up with the times and create some better lights though :D The old incandescent lights were cutting edge when they came out but boy do they ever show their age now :ahhh I like this new Mag Tac and took the light with me yesterday to work and still didn't get pics of it :facepalm: Love all those sheaths as well MadP :like:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #46 on: January 13, 2019, 02:39:38 AM
Awesome Maglites and carry methods, guys! :like:

Great pics Pacu :cheers: That is the same set I bought of my XL50 as well :tu: I like all the accessories and the newer light really is brighter than the other older one :salute:
Glad it worked out for you, Poncho! I need to get an XL50 to try out in EDC. :)

Oh the Good Old Days

That is a great combo, but that ain't no Pinchy, EZ! :waving:  :D
This is a pinchy with a SAK. Note there is almost no space between the handles. The MP600 has a notable space to avoid the worst pinches.

My EDC for over 10 years was a 2xAAA Incandescent Maglite, Mr. Pinchy V3, and Vic Explorer. And if you can believe it, all three rode in the same back pocket the whole time. :ahhh

You can't go wrong with this Maglite. :tu:
Congrats on the XL50! The kit looks awesome!

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: January 13, 2019, 07:35:35 PM
A little Pinchier Than Thou eh? :rofl:

Pinchy Enough I promise you!

Awesome Maglites and carry methods, guys! :like:

Glad it worked out for you, Poncho! I need to get an XL50 to try out in EDC. :)

Oh the Good Old Days

That is a great combo, but that ain't no Pinchy, EZ! :waving:  :D
This is a pinchy with a SAK. Note there is almost no space between the handles. The MP600 has a notable space to avoid the worst pinches.
(Image removed from quote.)

My EDC for over 10 years was a 2xAAA Incandescent Maglite, Mr. Pinchy V3, and Vic Explorer. And if you can believe it, all three rode in the same back pocket the whole time. :ahhh

You can't go wrong with this Maglite. :tu:
Congrats on the XL50! The kit looks awesome!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #48 on: January 13, 2019, 07:48:36 PM
Ah the good old days,
JR

Mags are a timeless design :cheers: I am glad that they are starting to catch up with the times and create some better lights though :D The old incandescent lights were cutting edge when they came out but boy do they ever show their age now :ahhh I like this new Mag Tac and took the light with me yesterday to work and still didn't get pics of it :facepalm: Love all those sheaths as well MadP :like:
Agree,
Long long ago, they were the freaking best, I had a 3D cell at the front door, and a 6D cell under the car seat, that thing was the best of the best, not just for light but for other reason :whistle:
Now a simple 2AA gives off more light, but like you said there making a comeback!
And thanks on the sheaths!
JR

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #49 on: January 13, 2019, 10:18:13 PM
Quote from: ezdog
A little Pinchier Than Thou eh?

Pinchy Enough I promise you!
:rofl:
Fair enough. :cheers:

I still have ghost pain whenever I carry a Pinchy. At my old job fixing lamps, I slipped the pliers off of 3/8" IPS nuts all the time and constantly had a blood blister on the palm. :ahhh
I collect Pinchy tools now as a psychological issue of power over my former Pinchy tormentor. :rofl:

Edit: It should be noted that after a time, the pliers became safer to use, as techniques to keep skin away from biting area developed.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 10:19:44 PM by gerleatherberman »

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: January 13, 2019, 10:21:49 PM
Funny you would mention this as I remember vividly developing technique to minimize the pinch-age to!

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #51 on: January 13, 2019, 10:41:55 PM
 :multi: :like:
If only the Multi-Plier instructions had depicted techniques to avoid the bites. :ahhh

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #52 on: January 19, 2019, 12:57:36 AM
Finally got around to taking some Mag pics :cheers: I have a couple of the XL-50 older one that I have and the newer one :salute: I have the clip installed on the newer one :D

They are virtually identical in shape and only the writing and LED are different from what I can tell :tu: The older one has 139 lumens (now I am also seeing 145 lumen models on Ebay ??? so not sure) and the newer one has 200 lumens :like: They both have 3 AAA batteries in a caddy :cheers:

I also shined both of them up on the garage ceiling to show that the newer one is noticeably brighter :cheers: Older on left and newer on right :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #53 on: January 19, 2019, 12:57:47 AM
Now a couple of the Mag-Tac, it is a 310 lumen light that uses 2 CR123 batteries, it is just a little bit longer than the XL-50 and has a little bit better throw than the XL-50 :salute:

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #54 on: January 19, 2019, 01:13:43 AM
I have almost brought one of these home every day since you got yours,thank you very much.

I decided to wait until I see one of the new Spectrum Series Warm Tinted versions they evidently make now so that should be closer to NEVER than Now!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #55 on: January 19, 2019, 01:59:24 AM
I would say if I could only choose 1 out of these 3 then I would go with the newer XL50 :cheers: reason I say this is that it isn't much dimmer than the Magtac and uses regular AAA batteries :salute:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #56 on: January 19, 2019, 02:23:47 AM
Thanks for the awesome comparison, Poncho! :salute:

Definitely have an XL50 on the buying radar. Just can't buy it this week. Got something special coming that I blew a bunch of money on.  :)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #57 on: January 19, 2019, 02:59:30 AM

Definitely have an XL50 on the buying radar. Just can't buy it this week. Got something special coming that I blew a bunch of money on.  :)

:o Do tell :dd:

:D

And thanks :hatsoff:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #58 on: January 19, 2019, 03:07:56 AM

:o Do tell :dd:

:D

And thanks :hatsoff:
Terminator 3 Gerbers. :facepalm:  :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #59 on: January 19, 2019, 03:45:08 AM
 :o I remember when I saw that J-sews (Bob) had some of those :ahhh Can't wait to see them :cheers: :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%