Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Maglite Flashlight Club

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: Maglite Flashlight Club
Reply #60 on: January 19, 2019, 04:13:12 AM
 :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

gb Offline Captain Sabretache

Reply #61 on: May 13, 2019, 03:37:02 PM
I have a C-cell maglite and it's weight feels most comforting in the hand when walking the dog on a dark winter's evening. I've also had solitaires and AA's over the years but unfortunately never been able to keep hold of them. I shall soon be posting my torch on here so i can get my first merit badge. MERIT BAAAAADGE!!!!
In a world of S**t the man with the peg on his nose is King.

Evil: Oh, Benson... Dear Benson, you are so mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence.
Benson: Oh, you say such nice things, Master.
Evil: Yes I know, I'm sorry!

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #62 on: May 13, 2019, 05:46:17 PM
 :like:
Looking forward to seeing that one! :popcorn:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Reply #63 on: May 13, 2019, 06:33:54 PM
Had this guy for 20+ years.  Gave him the Nitize LED upgrade a little back.
Keys - 1 (15).jpg
* Keys - 1 (15).jpg (Filesize: 337.75 KB)
- Steve

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #64 on: May 13, 2019, 06:49:27 PM
Looking forward to seeing that one! :popcorn:

:iagree: :like:

And great AA Mag, smiller 8) the Nite ize upgrade sure makes a difference vs the incandescent  :like:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #65 on: May 13, 2019, 06:49:58 PM
Ah...Maglites!  Start using them almost 35 years ago...and start collecting them maybe 20 years ago.

I used to be a modder for Minimag, and written a 10k words post on CPF how to do them.  That was before the time of multiple stage LED, and you have to mod a flashlight to have a LED inside a flashlight.

I really love Maglite, so down right reliable and accessible.  And with a giant like Maglite adopting the use of LED, it really usher the flashlight industry into a new era.
MM collect2.jpg
* MM collect2.jpg (Filesize: 426.94 KB)
MM collect1.jpg
* MM collect1.jpg (Filesize: 477.39 KB)
MM collect13.jpg
* MM collect13.jpg (Filesize: 441.37 KB)

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #66 on: May 13, 2019, 08:19:01 PM
Ah...Maglites!  Start using them almost 35 years ago...and start collecting them maybe 20 years ago.

I used to be a modder for Minimag, and written a 10k words post on CPF how to do them.  That was before the time of multiple stage LED, and you have to mod a flashlight to have a LED inside a flashlight.

I really love Maglite, so down right reliable and accessible.  And with a giant like Maglite adopting the use of LED, it really usher the flashlight industry into a new era.
:drool: :o
Holy smurf that is an amazing collection, comis!
Thank you for sharing that! :o

I haven't seen a single AA Maglite in YEARS! And you have a rainbow of them....in mint condition. :o

Had this guy for 20+ years.  Gave him the Nitize LED upgrade a little back.
Always a great setup with the nitize! :like:

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #67 on: May 13, 2019, 09:37:07 PM
I used to have a couple of the old incandescent ones, one of them a double C version. It was practically bomb proof. It fell in a river, got run over by a car, and besides a few scratches on it, it never gave up. I also had a Solitaire on my keychain, but from that one I remember that if I sneezed, the bulb busted. At least they came with a spare bulb in the tail cap. I bought a LED Solitaire a few years ago, an it is still serving me well. Maybe it's time to get me one of those large D cell LED ones. It never hurts to have a flashlight with some weight on it.
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #68 on: May 14, 2019, 01:03:09 PM
Awesome collection, comis :o :drool: :like: :like: All those colors are so mesmerizing :dd:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #69 on: May 14, 2019, 02:43:36 PM
:drool: :o
Holy smurf that is an amazing collection, comis!
Thank you for sharing that! :o

I haven't seen a single AA Maglite in YEARS! And you have a rainbow of them....in mint condition. :o
Always a great setup with the nitize! :like:

Awesome collection, comis :o :drool: :like: :like: All those colors are so mesmerizing :dd:

Thank you guys, that years of collecting and modding them.  And some of them I have to thank folks at the CPF to help with.  :D

I used to have a couple of the old incandescent ones, one of them a double C version. It was practically bomb proof. It fell in a river, got run over by a car, and besides a few scratches on it, it never gave up. I also had a Solitaire on my keychain, but from that one I remember that if I sneezed, the bulb busted. At least they came with a spare bulb in the tail cap. I bought a LED Solitaire a few years ago, an it is still serving me well. Maybe it's time to get me one of those large D cell LED ones. It never hurts to have a flashlight with some weight on it.

I like the Mag C series a lot, it's one of my favorite after the minimags.  D is lovely too, but I often time felt it is a little too heavy for my liking.  Now with all these new led tech, they all sprung back to life again.

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #70 on: May 21, 2019, 08:52:58 PM
I've been a mag fan for over 20 years, maybe 25. I carried one of the old incandescent AA mini mags for years, until it got phased out for EDC by my Fenix E01 about 10 years ago. Then I got a LED AA mini mag when they finally came out with them, and it became my stand-by lite for when I knew I'd be out after dark. I liked the nylon belt sheath for it and it is still in service. I bought an AA mini mag LED for my better half to keep inter purse and another one in her car's glove box. For an AA lite, it has good power and doesn't eat up batteries too bad. Like most Maglight products, they're rugged as hell.

The interesting thing about Mag lights is, my daughter is a parole officer in California, and all her clientele are adult convicted felons. They gave her and the other parole officers a course in Krav Maga, and the teacher gave them a large block of instruction in how to use both a large D cell Maglight and the smaller AA mini mag for defense. This past summer at our families summer vacation in Key West. my son and law and I were drinking at our favorite bar and our daughter Jessica and my wife and our granddaughter wanted to make a night of it and turn in. They were going to walk back to the guest hours we were staying at, and the son-in-law and I were going to have one more round.

Walking home, two low lifes tried to purse snatch my wife and daughter, but it didn't work well for them. Jessica clobbered one of them in the temple with the butt end her AA mini mag and knocked him out cold. The other ran. John and I only found out about it when we walked home and there were two cop cars at the guest house interviewing Jess. When I asked what happened, granddaughter Briana told us how  "mommy laid a guy out with her flashlight." The cops thought it was pretty funny, and they had had dealings with the individual they took into custody.

The butt end of a mini mag can do wonders in a social situation.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 09:01:45 PM by cbl51 »
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #71 on: May 22, 2019, 12:17:36 AM
That is awesome, cbl51! :cheers:

Some serious Maglite justice right there.   :like:

I rotate between a 2x AA and 2x AAA LED Mini Maglite. The 2x AA with the Charge TTi and the 2x AAA with the Surge. The weights work out fairly well. So right now, the 2x AA is on my side at work. Off work is an LED Solitaire. Not sure the Solitaire or 2x AAA would be any good for defense, but the 2x AA definitely feels like it could save you from breaking your hand in a defense situation.  :)

be Offline Ivo

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: August 24, 2019, 12:01:24 PM

Wow comis , that is a very nice collection  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :like: :like: :like: :like:
The Vikings say "when your battle axe is to short do one step forward"

be Offline Ivo

• No Life Club
Reply #73 on: August 24, 2019, 12:05:42 PM
This is one of mine , a grey Mini  :hatsoff:
MagLite-MINI-1.jpg
* MagLite-MINI-1.jpg (Filesize: 258.31 KB)

us Offline charlie fox

Reply #74 on: August 24, 2019, 03:28:06 PM
I used to have several Mini Mags in different colors but I gifted them all away. When I was a cop, and later into my uniformed security gigs, my favorite was a 3 C cell - small enough to carry but bright enough (for those days). Imagine my pleasant surprise to find the updated LED version! 600 lumens! I bought two :D
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #75 on: August 26, 2019, 05:12:36 AM
This is one of mine , a grey Mini  :hatsoff:
Solid torch there, Ivo! :like:

I used to have several Mini Mags in different colors but I gifted them all away. When I was a cop, and later into my uniformed security gigs, my favorite was a 3 C cell - small enough to carry but bright enough (for those days). Imagine my pleasant surprise to find the updated LED version! 600 lumens! I bought two :D
The new ones(particularly the 2xAAA 272lm model) have me even more hooked on Maglites. Love how they kept everything good about Maglites when they went LED and just updated the light part, keeping the prices about the same. So many companies could benefit from that. :)

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #76 on: August 27, 2019, 04:26:35 PM
Got a Mini Maglite Led, sent by our friend Blackbeard:

:mail:

It's awlready in my EDC, as a backup for my Nitecore Tube.

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #77 on: September 04, 2019, 05:17:40 AM
Got a Mini Maglite Led, sent by our friend Blackbeard:

:mail:

(Image removed from quote.)

It's awlready in my EDC, as a backup for my Nitecore Tube.
Very nice! :like:

be Offline Ivo

• No Life Club
Reply #78 on: September 06, 2019, 06:10:07 PM
Next week I will gather all my MAGs and share some pictures. :hatsoff:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #79 on: September 10, 2019, 05:54:26 AM
Next week I will gather all my MAGs and share some pictures. :hatsoff:
:popcorn:

Looking forward to seeing your group photo of the Maglites! :)

be Offline Ivo

• No Life Club
Reply #80 on: September 10, 2019, 11:05:31 AM
Here are some of my MAGs and accessories  :hatsoff:
MAG-1.jpg
* MAG-1.jpg (Filesize: 169.59 KB)
MAG-ACC-1.jpg
* MAG-ACC-1.jpg (Filesize: 203.56 KB)
MAG-blister-1.jpg
* MAG-blister-1.jpg (Filesize: 189.63 KB)
MAG-box-1.jpg
* MAG-box-1.jpg (Filesize: 181.76 KB)

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #81 on: September 28, 2019, 05:10:50 AM
Here are some of my MAGs and accessories  :hatsoff:
Great Mag collection, Ivo!   :like:

The runway signal attachment(I presume) is one I haven't seen before. :)

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #82 on: November 09, 2019, 04:03:18 PM
I guess I should join this club. I really haven’t been interested in mag lites since I got my first led light, long before mag decided to join the band wagon.

I do have fond memories of night time games in the scouts by the light of an incan 4D mag and 2AA mini mag. So, I do hold a bit of nostalgia towards the brand.

I also used a 2AA mini mag and incan solitaire extensively when I was doing mobile communications field service. I remember distinctly the ~10 minute runtime on the solitaire.  I also remember how fragile the bulbs were when dropped.

So, while they were probably the best at the time, I never looked back when I got my first led light.

About a year ago I found my old 2AA mini mag from that company (worked there from 2000-2004). I got a cheap niteize drop in to see how it would do, but I didn’t care much for it.

Then, this week I won a xl50 in a giveaway at my current job (it’s uline branded, which is one of our suppliers).

It’s not a bad light for free, but I definitely would be disappointed if I paid full price for it. Part of that is my aversion to 3AAA carriers. As near as I can tell, it seems put together well, which is nice.

The thing I’m most excited about is discovering that mag lite has made what they call “spectrum series” of colored lights, which include warm white versions. I’ve got my eye on a warm white solitaire now.
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

Offline Scorpion Regent

Reply #83 on: December 21, 2019, 04:07:21 AM
I've got a maybe a half dozen Mini Maglites converted to LED (most of them are Terralux kits).  I think I have maybe 4 3D cell full size Maglites also converted to LED.   They may weigh more than some lights, they may not be the brightest, but they are rock solid reliable and that's what matters for around the house or in the car.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #84 on: December 21, 2019, 05:47:02 AM
I've got a maybe a half dozen Mini Maglites converted to LED (most of them are Terralux kits).  I think I have maybe 4 3D cell full size Maglites also converted to LED.   They may weigh more than some lights, they may not be the brightest, but they are rock solid reliable and that's what matters for around the house or in the car.
I’m missing my mod led mag, the one unique thing I did was changed out the bezel and made it defensive, go back a page and you’ll see what I’m talking about, I’m kinda mad that it doesn’t fit the new leds they put out,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Offline Scorpion Regent

Reply #85 on: December 21, 2019, 04:03:26 PM
I’m missing my mod led mag, the one unique thing I did was changed out the bezel and made it defensive, go back a page and you’ll see what I’m talking about, I’m kinda mad that it doesn’t fit the new leds they put out,
JR

I've seen those castellated lens rings, but I have no interest in buying one.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #86 on: December 27, 2019, 07:32:26 AM
:like::iagree:

I like flashlights I can fix myself at home with standard tools. And that is just in the rare event a Mag isn't working.  :)

Offline mikekoz

Reply #87 on: January 16, 2020, 01:11:05 AM
  Wow! Nice Maglite collections! I have never heard of, or ever seen a single AA Maglite!! What is their history? I am assuming they are no longer made.  :think:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #88 on: January 16, 2020, 01:33:03 PM
  Wow! Nice Maglite collections! I have never heard of, or ever seen a single AA Maglite!! What is their history? I am assuming they are no longer made.  :think:

Those single AA Maglite are actually custom made for hosting led mods, back in those crazy days when I was a full time flashaholic and flashlight modder. :facepalm: :D

Offline MTSebastian

Reply #89 on: April 12, 2020, 09:24:16 PM
Very cool, a Maglite Club I've been collecting Maglite's for years. It all started with a Blue MiniMaglite 2AA. Now my collection counts 26 pieces in different Version. New Modells and the good old one's. Not all where used

Gesendet von meinem SM-A600FN mit Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD