Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New MP600 Convert

Offline tonyg

New MP600 Convert
on: September 09, 2018, 11:34:48 PM
I recently got an older, (I think) MP600 off ebay.  It appears to have never been used, or at least, very little.  I find I am liking it very, very much. It is the black oxide, blunt nose model, with pen style main blade, and without the controversial carbide cutters.  I am wondering what years Gerber made these with this configuration?  I wish they still made the bluntnose in black oxide without the wharncliffe blade and without the carbide cutters, but apparently they do not.  I like this far better than any Leatherman or Sog I've owned.  I will definitely be on the lookout for another one.  It pairs very nicely with my Vic Huntsman.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 11:35:49 PM by tonyg »

Offline mtoolman

Re: New MP600 Convert
Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 11:42:54 PM
I also now am converted to Gerber MP600, Diesel and Pro Scout from Swiss Tool X and Leatherman Surge.

Those LM and ST makes look great and feel heavy duty and look shiny and all that, but when it comes to actual grabbing thicker objects, they are limited due to smaller opening size of the pliers. Their other attached tools are great.  But really Multitool's main focus is the plier. If not, I would just stick to SAKs.

But Gerber MPs pliers are far more wider opening, and they are capable of the tasks.  Ok they are not shiny or built like tanks, but then why should tools look like that and built like tank, when they are already tough and strong.

So I too, am now carrying Gerber MP Diesel, MP600 Bladeless and ProScout, and am very happy with them.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%