Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

VIC MAKES THE BEST CARVING TOOLS

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
VIC MAKES THE BEST CARVING TOOLS
on: November 24, 2018, 04:45:29 AM
I know I'm a day late, but after all that turkey n trimins I needed a little recovery time.  Over the Years I have found that not only dose Vic make the best multi tools and pocket knives, they also make the best food service knives.  I used this set daily for close to 15 years while Managing multiple food service operations and they still carve up a turkey just as well today as they did 20 years ago.  How about sharing some of your Vic dedicated purpose sharps.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

nl Offline Serena

• No Life Club
Re: VIC MAKES THE BEST CARVING TOOLS
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 10:25:48 AM
Not only carving. I also the 'little' kichen knives. Their amazing for a quick and easy cut.

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 01:08:31 PM
 :iagree: :like:
Good point, best in the Biz...
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 01:25:52 PM
I know I'm a day late, but after all that turkey n trimins I needed a little recovery time.  Over the Years I have found that not only dose Vic make the best multi tools and pocket knives, they also make the best food service knives. 

Nice pic Douglas! :like: :tu: :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 01:37:29 PM
still cutting everyday after a decade  :cheers:
the one on top has the letters almost gone

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 02:28:40 PM
 :like:
That's what I'm talk'n 'bout TP. :cheers: :cheers:
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 03:33:18 PM
For many years now, my whole kitchen has been Victorinox/Forschner.

With my Victorinx chefs knife, serrated bread knife,  butcher knife and two of the little red serrated paring knives, I can do anything I need in the food prep or serving. I actually could get by with just the chefs knife and paring knives if I had to. I've got another of those red handle paring knives that came with the red plastic blade cover in my fishing kit. It cuts bait, cleans fish, and cleans up on a river bank.
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 05:41:38 PM
For many years now, my whole kitchen has been Victorinox/Forschner.

With my Victorinx chefs knife, serrated bread knife,  butcher knife and two of the little red serrated paring knives, I can do anything I need in the food prep or serving. I actually could get by with just the chefs knife and paring knives if I had to. I've got another of those red handle paring knives that came with the red plastic blade cover in my fishing kit. It cuts bait, cleans fish, and cleans up on a river bank.
Good Stuff.  How about some pics?
Dr.  McCoy

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 11:47:06 PM
This thing has been rattling around in my tool box for years, i think it started its life in a kitchen  :salute:

Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 02:42:00 AM
Back earlier this year I picked up this 15 piece set for cheap on eBay.

Not many miles on them yet, but I've been happy so far!
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 04:30:09 AM
This thing has been rattling around in my tool box for years, i think it started its life in a kitchen  :salute:

(Image removed from quote.)
Borg I suspect thatstarted as a boaning knife in a Supermarket butcher shop (meat market).  A large part of my time in food service was spent in a supermarket and th marks on the handle were typical of how butchers marked their knives using the bone-in band saw.  The manager's knives usualy didn't have any cut marks on the handles.  The more marks the lower the level meat cutter, newbs knives were usualy pretty dull and they wore out the blades quickly.
Dr.  McCoy

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: November 25, 2018, 01:03:01 PM
Thanks Douglas, that's interesting, i just assumed the handle had cracked over time but now that you mention it they do look man-made  :tu: I'm not a good butcher at all so i might go add a few more marks  :D
Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: November 25, 2018, 04:58:28 PM
 :like: :salute: :rofl:
Dr.  McCoy

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69