Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Caran d’Ache pen challenge

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Caran d’Ache pen challenge
on: September 15, 2018, 05:06:42 AM
Thought I would do the 30 day pen challenge. And interestingly it is this pen that lead me to joining this forum. The pen is a Caran d’Ache Nespresso pen. They are both Swiss companies which makes it all a Swiss event.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 05:10:40 AM by Rapidray »

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Re: Caran d’Ache pen challenge
Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 07:36:34 AM
Thought I would do the 30 day pen challenge. And interestingly it is this pen that lead me to joining this forum. The pen is a Caran d’Ache Nespresso pen. They are both Swiss companies which makes it all a Swiss event.

Good luck with the Challenge. Never had a Caran D'Ache but they look good  :popcorn:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

es Offline koke

Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 08:14:11 AM
I didn't know there was a pen challenge. I lost silver mine after 15 years, So I bought that one too.

Good luck with the challenge & cool pic BTW
:like:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 09:08:53 AM
Very nice, I will be following with much interest!  :popcorn:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 10:44:37 AM
:popcorn:

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 02:27:24 PM

Great pic!

Love that pen. If I had one I'd join you in the challenge.

Good luck  :cheers:
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 04:03:57 PM
You are the reason I am doing this challenge. Thank you for coming up with it. ;)
I am very big into clutch pencils since my drafting days in high school. This lead into mechanical pencils, then roller balls and pens! Again thanks

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 04:10:53 PM
I didn't know there was a pen challenge. I lost silver mine after 15 years, So I bought that one too.

Good luck with the challenge & cool pic BTW
:like:
My dad said when you find something you really like, buy another! Caran d’Ache makes a lot of great products. The Ecridor line is their best. They are like SAK. Built tough and the working inside stays the same but they change up the body as salt and pepper for flavoring! ;)

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 04:12:48 PM

Great pic!

Love that pen. If I had one I'd join you in the challenge.

Good luck  :cheers:
You can’t go wrong with Caran d’Ache for sure.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 05:21:08 PM
You are the reason I am doing this challenge. Thank you for coming up with it. ;)
I am very big into clutch pencils since my drafting days in high school. This lead into mechanical pencils, then roller balls and pens! Again thanks
I’m flattered.  :D I didn’t think that anyone was going to do that slightly odd (for MTO) challenge.  ;)
I presume that you are going to be posting during the challenge in this thread?

All hail the hook!

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 05:27:50 PM
I’m flattered.  :D I didn’t think that anyone was going to do that slightly odd (for MTO) challenge.  ;)
I presume that you are going to be posting during the challenge in this thread?
Yes I will be posting everyday. It will most definitely have my twins in the photo’s. Twins being Nespresso :)

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 07:45:47 PM
Nice.

My favorite pencil is a Caran d'Ache:

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: September 15, 2018, 07:57:39 PM
 :like: a pencil would be nice,

Here are 3 of mine, it would be nice if Victorinox and Caran d'Ache would hook up with Nespresso and make a yearly gift set  :tu:

Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: September 15, 2018, 11:22:25 PM
I thought about getting a Caran d’Arche when I was at the pen shop, but I decided on a second space pen....  ::)
What am I missing on by not using a caran d’arche?

All hail the hook!

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #14 on: September 15, 2018, 11:23:35 PM
:like: a pencil would be nice,

Here are 3 of mine, it would be nice if Victorinox and Caran d'Ache would hook up with Nespresso and make a yearly gift set  :tu:

(Image removed from quote.)
Oh Borg....why...oh why...did you have to show me that. I now will have to hunt down those sets and get them into my collection. I’m so dead!
 :rofl:
Those are really nice! I would really love the pencil more also! It only makes sense.
 :iagree: :like:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: September 15, 2018, 11:31:45 PM
I thought about getting a Caran d’Arche when I was at the pen shop, but I decided on a second space pen....  ::)
What am I missing on by not using a caran d’arche?
Caran d’Ache is just like Victorinox. There stuff is well made. They do make writing instruments for all incomes, ie the working class, middle class, management, to CEO’s. Just like Victorinox they have something for everyone! The Caran d’Ache Ecridor pencils/pens came out in the 1920’s IIRC. It is their flagship writing instrument. I will take this month to show and tell more.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: September 15, 2018, 11:34:26 PM
Day 2 photo

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: September 15, 2018, 11:38:44 PM
Nice.

My favorite pencil is a Caran d'Ache:

Nice! When it comes to the pencils one of my favorite is the Cd’A Botta 2mm. Because of my drafting days in high school, I was hooked on 2mm. So anything in 2mm is a plus.

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 01:05:39 AM
Space pens are good too, even better if they come with a Classic, they really should come with a pocket clip though as they are very easy to lose, i have a lifetime supply here though :tu:

Rapidray i do apologise  :D but i hate to tell you the Wenger set i have also came in blue and i think possibly black, i have one eye open for a blue set as i know for sure that exists, also there are others from Vic that come with a Cross pen, those are usually more expensive though, i would really love to get the Caran d'Ache 1010 timekeeper fountain pen which is simply stunning, but at £8,950 i'm going to have to wait a few millenia to afford it, i wonder if it too can ship with a Classic, a solid gold diamond encrusted one :tu:
Till then though the Nespresso will have to do, hopefully they will do it yearly in line with the Pioneer  :cheers:
Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 01:21:11 AM
Space pens are good too, even better if they come with a Classic, they really should come with a pocket clip though as they are very easy to lose, i have a lifetime supply here though :tu:

Rapidray i do apologise  :D but i hate to tell you the Wenger set i have also came in blue and i think possibly black, i have one eye open for a blue set as i know for sure that exists, also there are others from Vic that come with a Cross pen, those are usually more expensive though, i would really love to get the Caran d'Ache 1010 timekeeper fountain pen which is simply stunning, but at £8,950 i'm going to have to wait a few millenia to afford it, i wonder if it too can ship with a Classic, a solid gold diamond encrusted one :tu:
Till then though the Nespresso will have to do, hopefully they will do it yearly in line with the Pioneer  :cheers:
Oh boy, that 1010 is stunning, and as you have pointed out, that price is also stunning. I only have one Cd’A fountain pen, a Rotation. Two Lamy fountain and two Pilot cheapies. I’m just not that big of a fan of fountain pens. Especially when I had to sell off my Visconti Taj Mahal.
Nice looking fisher and Vic sets there!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 01:22:23 AM by Rapidray »

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: September 16, 2018, 09:55:29 AM
Heres two more models of space pens, the thick one is a matte black Zero-Gravity from Nix ( :hatsoff: ) and the skinny one is a matte black Cap-o-Matic that I bought recently.

They weigh 28 and 17 grams respectively.

All hail the hook!

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: September 16, 2018, 10:36:36 AM
Is that a challenge? I've been using one daily for years ... the Swiss flag one.
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

es Offline koke

Reply #22 on: September 16, 2018, 10:59:26 AM

My dad said when you find something you really like, buy another! Caran d’Ache makes a lot of great products. The Ecridor line is their best. They are like SAK. Built tough and the working inside stays the same but they change up the body as salt and pepper for flavoring! ;)

:iagree:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: September 16, 2018, 11:23:42 AM
Is that a challenge? I've been using one daily for years ... the Swiss flag one.
Yup.  :cheers:
I’ve added some bits to the rules, the one at the bottom of the list and the parts in square brackets, to try and make them clearer. It’s still a bit of a mess though, I hope they’re understandable!
Ok, this challenge is about carrying a pen, instead of a multitool or knife, for 30 days.  :D

Ok, just joking regarding that. That would be too hardcore and .  :facepalm:
Serious:
I will carry only one pen for 30 days. I can only use one pen for 30 days.
Thats it.  :ahhh

Five Six Rules:
  • Carry and use only one Pen.
  • Don't lose it.
  • Don't touch [use] any other ink [or whatever type you are doing the challenge with] based writing implements.
  • Admit if I use a graphite or wax [or ink, if not doing the challenge with an ink pen] based writing implement during the challenge(Pencils and Crayons).
  • If my Pen runs dry, I can put in a new refill. But I cannot swap pens. (This probably means keeping the refill nearby)
  • Extra, added 16/09/18: if your job/school/hobby/etc requires the use of other writing implements, that’s ok, challenge-wise, but you have to tell us.

At this time, the reward is only personal satisfaction!
The challenge will start on the 14th of April, UTC time, and end 30 days later.

The Pen I will use!
Matte Black(pretty sure its not BO) Bullet pen with clip and Blue fine refill.
Not much to say about it, except that its pretty?  :think:

All hail the hook!

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #24 on: September 16, 2018, 03:13:39 PM
Heres two more models of space pens, the thick one is a matte black Zero-Gravity from Nix ( :hatsoff: ) and the skinny one is a matte black Cap-o-Matic that I bought recently.
Now that Zero-Gravity is a looker as well as being in the weight zone I like. The heavier the better, at least for me. Nice pens you have.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25 on: September 16, 2018, 05:35:58 PM
Now that Zero-Gravity is a looker as well as being in the weight zone I like. The heavier the better, at least for me. Nice pens you have.
:cheers:
I wrote some stuff about it here:
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65626.msg1767717.html#msg1767717

All hail the hook!

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #26 on: September 16, 2018, 07:24:51 PM
Interesting read...especially on the clicking. The Caran d’Ache would be 100% in the opposite direction. There is no clicking...it’s like it has a built in silencer in it. When I first clicked it, I found myself doing it 2 or 3 times because I didn’t hear it. It was working. It’s funny how you get used to something, the clicking, and when you don’t hear it you think its broken.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: September 16, 2018, 09:21:49 PM
Day 3 Sunday photo

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #28 on: September 16, 2018, 10:08:57 PM
Interesting read...especially on the clicking. The Caran d’Ache would be 100% in the opposite direction. There is no clicking...it’s like it has a built in silencer in it. When I first clicked it, I found myself doing it 2 or 3 times because I didn’t hear it. It was working. It’s funny how you get used to something, the clicking, and when you don’t hear it you think its broken.
Wow, so a matte black caran d’arche would be a real ninja style stealth pen!  :like:

All hail the hook!

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #29 on: September 16, 2018, 10:24:41 PM
That would be correct!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!