Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Watch Collection.

Chako · 603 · 19777

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Watch Collection.
Reply #240 on: March 02, 2019, 03:08:35 PM
Yes. Can't wait to get them.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #241 on: March 02, 2019, 03:19:19 PM
Do you have to wait long Chako  :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #242 on: March 02, 2019, 03:47:32 PM
Sometime this month.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #243 on: March 02, 2019, 03:51:28 PM
I hope that they will get delivered soon  :like: :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #244 on: March 08, 2019, 07:34:49 AM
Got another one incoming. A Casio G-Shock GA-100LG-8ACR.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #245 on: March 08, 2019, 07:54:56 AM
Very nice Chako!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #246 on: March 08, 2019, 12:34:53 PM
I wonder how long it will stay looking clean for  :think: :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #247 on: March 10, 2019, 12:18:01 PM
No clue. it is an off gray...or so it says in the description.

Well...that took a bit of time to change all those watches. That was good as I noted two watches have died on me recently and will need a battery change.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #248 on: March 10, 2019, 01:29:36 PM
Some pretty cool watches, Chako!  :like:

At some point it becomes easier to just change the time and date on watches when you get ready to wear them. At least is was for me. :ahhh
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #249 on: March 10, 2019, 03:07:24 PM
Agreed. I was planning exactly that...but when I started...it was hard to not finish the job at hand.  :D

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #250 on: March 10, 2019, 09:23:07 PM
Agreed. I was planning exactly that...but when I started...it was hard to not finish the job at hand.  :D
Unfortunately I know exactly what you mean.  :facepalm:

Similar to the multi tools. If I see one that needs an oil coat, then every time I get done with that one, the next one to it looks to need a little coat of oil, and so on.  :ahhh
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #251 on: March 12, 2019, 01:37:03 AM
Buying things from Amazon is a bit entertaining. For example, I have learned that if I want something quick, I make sure that the item is in one of Amazon's warehouses. Those items come to my door in a weeks time, and quite often for free shipping without having to get the Amazon Prime account. Things not sold from or by Amazon can take its sweet time to arrive, especially those bought from China. I purchased a few watches two weeks ago and am waiting for the items, which Amazon tells me, can take up to the first week of April.  :facepalm:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #252 on: March 13, 2019, 01:46:48 AM
Hmm...got two watches in today. One I think may need a return...

This watch arrived in a somewhat damaged internal package. I presume the outside ball bearing should move and denote the minute...but it does nothing. If I tap on the watch slightly, I can get the ball bearing to move via the internal magnet...but it does nothing as it stands. The internal hour disk does work as advertised. Really let down as I bought the watch to see that cool ball bearing move around the face.

As for the second watch...well the 100 series G Shock came in real quick. The colour is an off gray with a slight tinge of blue which the camera could not pick up correctly. In this photo it comes up as white, Next to it is a series 700 in mat red. I must say, that off gray is very eye-catching. Love that the LCD is also positive as opposed to negative. Makes the whole watch that much easier to see.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #253 on: March 13, 2019, 03:43:33 AM
Very nice pair if G shocks, Chako! I am mentally picturing the new one as tinged blue off-grey. Seems like a good color for the style watch it is.  :like:

Shame about the bearing style dial watch. Maybe they'll replace it with one that isn't defective? :think:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #254 on: March 13, 2019, 05:07:57 AM
I think they are going to refund...and I will buy another. I want to see that ball bearing move around.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #255 on: March 13, 2019, 05:28:58 AM
Noticed that one of my Citizen Eco-Drive SkyHawks had turned off....time to give all of the solars a bit of intensive OttLite therapy.

From left to right:
front row: Casio Pathfinder PAW 1500-3GB, Casio STL-S110H-1B, Citizen dress watch, Citizen Skyhawk, Citizen Blue Angel Skyhawk.
Back row: Casio G-Shock GA-700-4ACR, Casio G-Shock GA100LG-8A (better colour representation as I didn't use a flash), Skone bearing watch.

Got to love that Pathfinder...

Features
- Automatically receives atomic clock time calibration signals in the U.S., England, Germany and Japan for incredibly accurate timekeeping
- No batteries to replace! This compact unit has a large-capacity solar storage battery that requires very little light to recharge
- Small sensors detect direction, altitude and temperature, keeping you in tune with the world around you
- Tide graph combines preset and user inputs; moon data includes moon age and moon phase graph
- Digital compass displays current heading and features bearing memory; reports bearing in 1° increments
- Altimeter tracks elevation gain and loss from -2,300 to 32,800 ft. (-700 to 10,000m) in 20 ft. (5m) increments
- Altimeter memory captures up to 20 records of high/low altitude, cumulative ascent/descent, date, month and time
- Altitude tendency and differential graphs position you with respect to your target altitude
- Detect change in the weather—barometric tendency and differential graphs chart weather changes
- Barometer tracks atmospheric pressure changes from 260 to 1,100 hPa (7.65 to 32.45 inHg)
- Thermometer ranges from 14 to 140°F (-10 to 60°C) measured in 0.2°F increments (0.1°C)
- Electro-luminescent backlight activates by simply tilting your wrist 40° toward you from the horizontal
- 1/100-second stopwatch measures elapsed time, split time and 1st-2nd place times
- Features countdown (yacht) timer, time in 12 or 24-hour format, world time with 29 time zones, date, day, auto calendar (through 2039), 5 daily alarms and hourly chime
- Water resistant to 200m (660 ft.)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 05:34:32 AM by Chako »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #256 on: March 13, 2019, 12:56:26 PM
Nice Chako, I thought of getting the blue hawk loooong ago,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #257 on: March 13, 2019, 02:38:10 PM
 :like: :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #258 on: March 13, 2019, 06:24:45 PM
What the hey...the ball bearing watch is now working perfectly. Guess it got shook up during shipment and only needed a day of rest to click back together. Neat watching the BB move every minute. Happy.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #259 on: March 13, 2019, 06:33:38 PM
Glad you got it to work Chako looks a cool BB watch  :like: :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #260 on: March 14, 2019, 11:58:51 PM
Almost picked up an ESQ Movado at a Jewelry store...it was 50% off. However, when I tried multiple models...non of them fit me. It amazes me that there appears to be no industry standards when it comes to bracelet length.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #261 on: March 15, 2019, 12:16:48 AM
Just got in the Skmei Drum Watch. A very interesting watch to set. I found out that if you do not calibrate the watch to 12:00, then the time will be off. The middle drum can show 6, 7 ,8 ,or 9...throwing the time off. After proper calibration...those positions will be past automatically. Now that I have this watch figured out...this is a way cool watch. I am finding the low key gear sound to be very pleasing...not to mention it gives an auditory sound to denote the passing of the minute.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #262 on: March 15, 2019, 01:22:24 AM
Something a bit different....an Accutime Black Panther watch.

And that drum watch.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #263 on: March 15, 2019, 02:02:58 AM
That drum watch is pretty cool, 
JR

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #264 on: March 15, 2019, 01:07:37 PM
I agree.

Well...got a refund for the above ball bearing watch...I had told them to not go ahead with it...but happy they did as I noted the watch breaking down again afterwards. When I roll the crown, sometimes the hour disk may not engage and the minute magnet may not engage as well. It would appear they do not want me to send them back the watch. I ordered another one to see if I can get one that works ok. Thinking I may open this one up and see if I cannot repair it, or better, yet, bring it to my watch repairer for the job.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #265 on: March 16, 2019, 01:42:20 AM
A cheap online purchase due to its interesting disk construction. I am pleasantly surprised about the feel of the watch. It oozes quality somehow, and that surprises me. The watch band on the other hand is the cheapest thing I have ever seen. I plan on replacing the watch strap at a later date

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #266 on: March 16, 2019, 01:49:53 AM
A cheap online purchase due to its interesting disk construction. I am pleasantly surprised about the feel of the watch. It oozes quality somehow, and that surprises me. The watch band on the other hand is the cheapest thing I have ever seen. I plan on replacing the watch strap at a later date

That watch does look quality! :o
I really like the look of that one. :like:

Maybe the watch is good, because they saved so much money using one of those awful straps. :D

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #267 on: March 16, 2019, 12:17:07 PM
Interesting looking watch  :like: :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #268 on: March 19, 2019, 11:21:22 AM
Thanks.

Got a weird one for you all.

I bought a mechanical watch off of Amazon for the princely sum of 35 dollars with free shipping a month or more ago from China. Got home yesterday with a notice tagged to my door telling me that I missed the delivery and I would need to cough up 24.99 COD to receive it. The shipper's name on the notice did not match anything I saw off of Amazon. After a bit of digging and many phone calls, it came to my attention that the one watch was shipped to my door via DHL. Now in the past, when I bought things off of eBay, I quickly found out that DHL and Purolator are pure death to shipping as they tack on huge brokerage fees. I can recall Purolator asking me to pay up twice the price of a Victorinox knife I once bought explaining to me that it cost money to fill out paperwork, etc. I turned that knife down and had it resent back to the seller. Well I was shocked yesterday seeing that I have bought plenty of things off of Amazon with free shipping, and nary any brokerage fees, let alone a huge brokerage fee. I know this is DHL's money gouging. Some courier businesses are thieves in this aspect. So after calling them, I tell the women that I will not be accepting the package as it is hard to justify paying almost the full price of the item when free shipping was on tap...we ended the phone conversation. Then this is where things get a bit weird. After a bit of reconsideration, I change my mind. I did want that watch, and I did wait for quite some time. I was fully prepared to accept that robbery just to get the watch. The lady calls me back before I could call them back for some reason or other. I tell her that I was now prepared to accept the COD and to have the watch delivered next door so that there will be someone there who can pay them when I am at work. She tells me that I cannot do this now. I had told them that I was not going to accept the watch....and now if I  want it, I will have to pre-pay for the package online. I tell her she must be kidding. There is no way that I will be held hostage and to smurf off. I hung up.

:facepalm:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #269 on: March 19, 2019, 11:54:42 PM
That blue Tevise T832 Automatic watch came in today. Sorry I couldn't take any photos of it...as I lost it to the missus. She saw the watch and took a real shinning to it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24