Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Watch Collection.

Chako · 603 · 20171

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: Watch Collection.
Reply #30 on: September 24, 2018, 05:20:17 AM
 :iagree:

If it helps, know I bought an MP3 music/MP4 video playing wrist watch about 6 years ago and it worked quite well for almost a year being used everyday on the trains to/from my last job. It was $20.
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #31 on: September 26, 2018, 12:24:38 AM
The second case came in. I am very happy with these 24 watch cases. Now I have room for all of my watches...and room for a few more.

And one of the cheapest smart watches off of Amazon, the DZ09 just arrived today. I still need to do research as there is no wifi and I need a SIM card and a memory card to use most of the built in features. Still finding info on the watch in regards to sim cards, etc.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #32 on: September 26, 2018, 12:41:16 AM
Very nice, going to organize it in any way? Analog/digital, auto/battery, cheap/expensive, old/new?
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #33 on: September 26, 2018, 12:53:27 AM
It is already organized.  :think:

The second case has a lot of very cheap watches. I plan to eventually replace a few of them with something better down the road.

As for that cheap smart phone? Colour me very impressed. I was able to transfer my cell phone directory and do a call from the phone using Bluetooth.. It has a very nice calendar feature...and you get 3 crappy watch faces. For less than 30 bucks...how can they make something like this with any margin of profit.

Tomorrow, I am going to get a micro SD card for it. Not sure if I need a SIM card as of yet. I don't have any data plans...so I gather that won't work. Now if this watch only had wifi...it would be a winner. Me thinks a better smart watch may happen in my future. Going to wear this one for a while to see how it jives with me.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:55:36 AM by Chako »

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #34 on: September 26, 2018, 03:31:49 AM
Very nice, Chako!  :like:

I really need to order an extra watch case. :ahhh Too many watches laying around right now. Perhaps next payday I'll order one. :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: September 26, 2018, 04:47:11 AM
You shouldn't be disappointed.

I was wearing this new smart watch and it scared the daylights out of me. It buzzed. When I looked on the screen, it told me my cell phone was updating a few apps. Kinda cool considering the cell phone is in the other room charging in its own docking station.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #36 on: September 26, 2018, 12:47:42 PM
Well I finally pulled the trigger on a watch winder case. I hope it works for me. It will do 4 automatics and have room for 6 more watches. I am also intrigued with a few cheap Chinese automatics off of Amazon. I have stayed away so far...but who knows in the future.  :think:

So far very happy with this cheap Chinese smart watch. Going to wear it today to work and see how that goes.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #37 on: September 26, 2018, 01:11:22 PM
Here is one of my stranger watches...meet the 1998 Rugrats the Movie Reptar watch. I think I got this one from a Burger King restaurant promo...back in the day when you could get some cool stuff from them at least. I went for it because at the time, I was into Dinosaurs. The face is one of those old school lenticular images that change as you change the angle of view.

Considering this watch is now 20 years I find it amazing I still have this thing. I took a quick look on eBay and am surprised these watches are going for anywhere from 5 bucks to 14 dollars. Yay appreciation.  :rofl:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #38 on: September 26, 2018, 02:03:59 PM
Love the rugrats watch  :like: :tu:
I remember watching the series  :facepalm:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #39 on: September 26, 2018, 02:21:12 PM
You shouldn't be disappointed.

I was wearing this new smart watch and it scared the daylights out of me. It buzzed. When I looked on the screen, it told me my cell phone was updating a few apps. Kinda cool considering the cell phone is in the other room charging in its own docking station.
Well I finally pulled the trigger on a watch winder case. I hope it works for me. It will do 4 automatics and have room for 6 more watches. I am also intrigued with a few cheap Chinese automatics off of Amazon. I have stayed away so far...but who knows in the future.  :think:

So far very happy with this cheap Chinese smart watch. Going to wear it today to work and see how that goes.

Good idea on the watch winder! And it is cool the smart watch is working so far. :like:

Cheap Chinese autos are a hit or miss. Half of the ones I ordered stopped working within a year and even if the case back says stainless, it probably isn't(just chrome plated pot metal). :facepalm:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #40 on: September 27, 2018, 01:01:54 AM
I will keep that in mind. Still a bit curious though.

A local pawn shop has a Citizen Eco drive Pro diver 300m for 200 bucks. Only issue with it is it is an eco drive. I have nothing but bad luck with those. Case is a bit scuffed at that...and happy I didn't go for it as I can see some places retailing it for a little over 200 US online.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 01:08:16 AM by Chako »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #41 on: September 27, 2018, 01:17:27 AM
I will keep that in mind. Still a bit curious though.

A local pawn shop has a Citizen Eco drive Pro diver 300m for 200 bucks. Only issue with it is it is an eco drive. I have nothing but bad luck with those. Case is a bit scuffed at that...and happy I didn't go for it as I can see some places retailing it for a little over 200 US online.  :facepalm:
That’s kinda dumb, Why wouldn’t someone just pay the little extra and get the new one.
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #42 on: September 27, 2018, 01:45:10 AM
Because quite a few folks do not bother to do any research I guess.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #43 on: September 27, 2018, 03:20:19 AM
My 741 Solar-Tech Diver is an early Eco-Drive diver and it works well. I bought a new capacitor cell for $27 and it installed like a watch battery. The water detection and depth meter still work on it as well. But, on the flip side, my buddy has had issues with some of his Eco-Drives.
Get the new one for sure, because hopefully any issues will show up during the warranty period. Good work not jumping on the pawn shop Eco.  :)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #44 on: September 27, 2018, 03:52:08 AM
Thanks. I do not need another diver. On the other hand, I just clicked buy on a Kingwear KW88 Pro Android smart watch. I must admit, I sort of liked that very cheap Qiufeng DZ09. Today I tested it out at work and it was rather cool when it worked. It did drop my connection a few times during the day...but the built in calculator did come in handy once. I just bought a 16Gb micro SD card for it after work...and after playing with the crappy camera, etc...I can see where such a watch can be helpful. Mind you, the volume on this watch just plain sucks. The better half called me after work and the watch acted as a hands free device...but I could hardly hear her as the speaker is so anemic. Still rather cool though, if not very useful. During my day playing with this $28 dollar smart phone, I had more than 28 bucks worth of fun with it in one day. The one thing I really wanted was something with Android and wifi. I think for the price, the Kingwear appears to be a good watch. Now that I have dipped my toe into the smart watch pool, time to get a foot wet.  :salute:

If and when I feel like I would like to wear one of my Skyhawks...then it will be time to bring them in to get the battery replaced.

Edit...can't wait to play with different watch faces. The DZ09 only comes with 3 watch faces...two of which have stupid inactive inner dials. On top of that, all of them are round on a square screen. They tried, and I guess for 28 dollars, one can't complain.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 04:35:57 AM by Chako »

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #45 on: September 27, 2018, 03:58:01 AM
It is cool you're enjoying the smart watch, Chako. :like:
I just have zero interest in smart watches myself, but can definitely understand the appeal. :)

Hopefully the new one will be what you need. :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #46 on: September 27, 2018, 04:18:22 AM
Only time will tell.  :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #47 on: September 29, 2018, 08:10:10 PM
Latest watch is a Skechers Lawndale picked up at the local Walmart.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #48 on: October 02, 2018, 12:33:22 AM
Latest addition, a Bulova.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #49 on: October 02, 2018, 02:50:27 AM
Latest addition, a Bulova.

Very nice, Chako! :like:
That is one of the best looking newer Bulovas I have seen. :)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #50 on: October 02, 2018, 04:29:06 AM
I’m really leaning toward that one citizen for my Xmas gift..
JR

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #52 on: October 02, 2018, 07:30:13 AM
How about this Seiko 5 automatic?   :pok:

https://www.amazon.ca/Seiko-Mens-SNK805-Automatic-Watch/dp/B000LTAY1U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1538457267&sr=8-3&keywords=Seiko+5+watch&dpID=51bd2MB3PyL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
It’s almost identical to the one I’m thinking of, I just like having the hour number markers larger then the min,
JR

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #53 on: October 02, 2018, 12:29:24 PM
I hear you. Frankly if it where me, I would go with an automatic any day over an EcoDrive. On the plus side, any watch with the crown located at the 4 position will be very comfortable to wear compared to one at the 3 position.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 12:32:04 PM by Chako »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #54 on: October 02, 2018, 04:39:50 PM
I hear you. Frankly if it where me, I would go with an automatic any day over an EcoDrive. On the plus side, any watch with the crown located at the 4 position will be very comfortable to wear compared to one at the 3 position.
True,
I just couldn’t find any thing with what I’m after with the crown at 4, there was one at 9 but still not totally what I’m after, and as far as an automatic, sometimes I go two days without wearing one, so I’d have to set it every time, vs just the end of each month, and with both day and date? Thus the atomic gshock, I haven’t set it in 9yrs :think:
JR

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #55 on: October 02, 2018, 04:48:59 PM
I still prefer the Citizen EcoDrive as well  :dd: :like:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #56 on: October 02, 2018, 06:13:13 PM
JR,

I think you're after something kind of special. Please correct me if that is an incorrect assumption, as the rest of this post is only relevant if that is the case.

You have a bunch of nice watches, and personally, I don't think the Eco-Drive is going to be a treasured watch for you, because of your nice collection of watches.
Just my opinion. Who knows? It may end up being your favorite watch, but it could also end up just hanging on the watch-tree you have.
If you only had a couple of cheap watches, then the Eco-Drive would be awesome, but that is not the case.
Just wanted to throw that out there. And lastly, maybe relax on the parameters for a new watch and just look for one that "strikes a chord with you." I can tell this is nagging at you a bit, since you have been looking at getting a new watch for a while now and I am not sure there is anything new to add to recommendation now. :dunno:
Maybe create a new thread dedicated to finding a new watch as well? That would definitely increase exposure and might draw some fresh input on the topic. The question isn't getting much exposure right now, because the questions are being asked in collection threads. :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #57 on: October 02, 2018, 07:42:05 PM
JR,

I think you're after something kind of special. Please correct me if that is an incorrect assumption, as the rest of this post is only relevant if that is the case.

You have a bunch of nice watches, and personally, I don't think the Eco-Drive is going to be a treasured watch for you, because of your nice collection of watches.
Just my opinion. Who knows? It may end up being your favorite watch, but it could also end up just hanging on the watch-tree you have.
If you only had a couple of cheap watches, then the Eco-Drive would be awesome, but that is not the case.
Just wanted to throw that out there. And lastly, maybe relax on the parameters for a new watch and just look for one that "strikes a chord with you." I can tell this is nagging at you a bit, since you have been looking at getting a new watch for a while now and I am not sure there is anything new to add to recommendation now. :dunno:
Maybe create a new thread dedicated to finding a new watch as well? That would definitely increase exposure and might draw some fresh input on the topic. The question isn't getting much exposure right now, because the questions are being asked in collection threads. :tu:
Well, I almost sent you a pm, cause I thought you said “please contact me” and ty for the kind words on the collection,

Yeah I’m kinda after something special, that atomic solar Casio gshock is like my ultimate watch, you put it on, and walk away not worrying about setting it or seeing if the battery’s dead. It says on the face obviously the time, but also tue, 10/2, yet it’s digital and I kinda want to move to a analog everyday watch..
I’m after something with day / date, don’t need month and moon setting like some of those watches, the other thing is the hr marks I’d like numbers rather then dots, min numbers every five min like on a diver , and lastly, something automatic, but then it’s going to run dead so often cause I don’t wear it everyday, so I would think solar would be better?
This would be my ultimate watch.
JR

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #58 on: October 02, 2018, 08:00:28 PM
That’s a nice watch is it very expensive JR :think: :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #59 on: October 02, 2018, 08:25:10 PM
That’s a nice watch is it very expensive JR :think: :tu:
I wouldn’t know, since I took three diff watches cropped them and put one on the other :whistle:
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%