Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Watch Collection.

Chako · 603 · 20972

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Watch Collection.
Reply #510 on: October 12, 2019, 01:00:41 AM

I thought about this one for quite some time. At first, I was worried that I was basically duplicating my Casio Pathfinder. However, once it came in, I am now certain I did the right thing. I like how the band keeper is made out of metal.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #511 on: October 12, 2019, 02:43:21 AM
Sweet watch!
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #512 on: October 12, 2019, 03:02:47 AM
Nice Chako! That would go nice on my new watch holder!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #513 on: October 12, 2019, 07:02:16 AM
Yeah, I think this watch will be my new favorite for the time being. I plan on wearing it a lot. Preliminary playing with the watch, I couldn't figure out (if it is even possible), to have both the barometric graph displayed with the time. On my Pathfinder, you can do that, which was my standard display function when I wore the watch. Not sure if I can do that with the Rangeman as of yet.

With the Mudman, and the Rangeman, I am noticing that these higher models come with longer watch bands. Someone with somewhat largish wrists appreciated this immensely. To be able to wear a watch at the second or even third hole is refreshing. I have a too many watches, especially those with leather bands, that I can just barely wear on the very last hole. Quite often, the tip is struggling to stay under the band keeper.

With the gifting of two Casio watches, I now have 5 empty spaces to fill up sooner or later. I still would like to add a GX56 "King" model to the lineup. Maybe a few more Master of G models, or something quite different such as a GD400 with bull bars on, or one of the Bluetooth enabled G-Shock watches. Come to think of it, I may even get into more Pro-Trek/Pathfinder watches.  :think:

Top row, left to right.

1. Casio EF106SG-2AV Edifice. A nice looking watch with a case diameter of 37 mm. A nice little dress watch. If push came to shove, this is one model I might be willing to let go...as I am more into larger watches. As it stands, it has a place in the Casio collection.
2. Casio WV-M60-9ACF Waveceptor. With a 44 mm case size, this one is more in my wheel house size wise. This one is a keeper in my collection. Not only is it accurate with Multi Band 5, but the design of this watch is super comfortable on the wrist. Love the cute satellite dish on the back of the watch case.
3. Casio AE-3000WD-1AVCF. All metal construction, with a case diameter of 57.1 mm, what is not to like if you are into larger watches. This one features 3 world times view-able at the same time. I really like the 3d globe on the watch face.
4. Casio STL-S110H-1BCF. This watch features a case diameter of 49 mm. Also features tough solar, and is geared towards runners with a variety of timers suited to athletes. I like that bottom button placement personally, but on this watch, it is for starting the timer and not for the light function. This is a very nice watch.
5. Casio G-Shock G7900-2DR. Affectionately called the Rescue, this G-Shock is super comfortable as the bracelet features 2 wings that bridge where the watch band starts around the watch. It rocks tide and moon graphs, which are functions I like. Also features a low temperature LCD. 49 mm case diameter. The colour of blue and yellow is very eye catching. The colour is better in person that the photos suggest.
6. Casio G-Shock G7900A-4. The same as above, but in nice red as opposed to blue and yellow. The Rescue model is a very nice G-Shock. I really like this model so much I bought a second in a different colour.
7. Casio G-Shock GA2000-1A9. Part of the 2019 new models, this watch features a carbon core. Super comfortable, and with a case diameter of 51 mm, the lightness of this model combined with buttons that are easily reached makes this a cool and easy to use watch. It also features a turning wheel that highlights the watch function in current use. I really like the yellow on this one. The negative LCD displays are ok on this model as they back-light beautifully.
8.  Casio G-Shock DW5600E-1V. I bought this watch because I wanted something that represented a small boxy and somewhat historical G-Shock watch. This is one of the cheapest G-Shocks, and it is bog basic with no added features such as solar or radio calibrated. If you are looking for something small and tough, and those higher functions are not needed, this is a hard watch not to recommend. I mean, this will fit under work cloth, and is such a size that you wouldn't notice you are wearing it.

Middle row, left to right.

9. Casio Pathfinder PAW 1500-3GB. I bought this in 2009 because I wanted an ABC watch, and at the time, my cell phone case had lime green accents. This is a do everything watch. 20 bar water resistance...check. Moon and tide graph...check. ABC functionality...check. World time...check. Tough solar...check. Multi Band 5...check. The list goes on and on. My sole complaint is that this being my daily beater for years...I found out that the band replacement is darn near 80 Canadian to replace. It does not have a normal bracelet, but one of those long fabric jobs that run under the watch.
10. Casio G-Shock GA700-4A. Big, red, and with a 3D face, this is what attracted me into buying this as my first G-Shock. What I do not like is the negative display that is somewhat hard to see in certain lighting. The illumination on this model is terrible with an LED that throws light laterally across the watch face...meaning you can see your analogue hands, but anything digital is a crap shot on whether you can see it or not. 50 mm case diameter makes this a big one...but then I have big wrists.
11. Casio Unisex W-214HC-4AVCF. I found this at the local Walmart, and was immediately attracted to the red. This watch led to my first G-Shock...the 700 mentioned above. I found the 700 to be a mat red, but it is still a nice looking colour. This one is a nice bright and shiny red. Deceptively small wearing, for something that has a case diameter of 45 mm, this one is super comfortable to wear. I bought the better half the same watch, and sometimes, we end up wearing the same watch, which is a bit hilarious The downside to this great little watch is a water resistance of only 5 bar.
12. Casio GA100LG-8A. After buying the mat red 700, I wanted something different but with a positive LCD. I found that in this ice gray watch. The colour is beautiful...as it comes off as a blueish gray that is nicer in person than the photos show online. Case diameter of 51.2 mm, and with a nice 1/100th stop watch function, this watch is nicer looking than the 700, at least to me. Being able to read the positive LCD display is a big plus.
13. Casio Twin-Graph AE-20W. This 1980's Casio was my first Casio. The bracelet is long gone, having cracked with use, and replaced with a metal bracelet from a now defunct Lorus watch from the same era. This small watch would entertain with an show whenever using the chronograph function.

Bottom row, left to right.

14. Casio Duro MDV106-1A. Affectionately known as the Marlin, this budget diver is probably the best bang for your buck 20 bar diver on the market. This watch exudes quality far beyond the price point. Case diameter of 44 mm, and with a good quality rubber band, along with the usual diver features of unidirectional bezel, and lock down crown, this is one highly recommended watch for dive watch lovers.
15. Casio Edifice Casio EF-527D-1AV aviator. This cool pilot watch looks complicated, and it has a neat internal sliding bezel activated by a rotating knob located at the 8 o'clock position.
16. Casio TS 100. Here is my second Casio, and dates to the late 80s, early 90s. I got this watch from Consumer Distributing, a catalog company that is now long gone. The thermometer function and world time attracted me to this watch strongly in my high school years.
17. Casio G-Shock GA140-1A4. This 2019 model watch is based on the 100 as it features the same case. I really like my copy of the 100, and seeing this watch's complicated but beautiful face, I just had to have it. The colours are very attractive, which never hurts. Same functionality as the 100, I really like the LCD layout on this model.
18. Casio G-Shock G9000-1. Part of the Master of G series, this Mudman is a very cool watch. For a watch that is had a 45 mm case diameter, it wears smaller on the wrist than its size suggest. I love the asymmetry of the case, and if you look close, it has that nice colour variation found in the GA140-1A4 mentioned above. I was very curious about this watch as I had read that a lot of people do not like these 6 rubber nubs on the back of the watch. I was prepared to dislike it, but found the watch very comfortable to wear. More so as the watch is kept off the skin enough to feel a cool breeze under the watch. My first Master of G watch, I was impressed with the generous band length.
19. Casio GW-9400-1CR. The Rangeman is another Master of G watch. I just got this one in today, and I like it very much. It has the functionality of my older Pathfinder PAW1500, except no moon and tide graphs...but does feature sunset and sunup data instead. I really like the generous band length, and I found the metal band keeper to be very nice.

I gave away a Casio AE-1000W-1A3VCF, and a Casio AEQ200-9AV, both featuring gold tones, to one of my students. I bought them dirt cheap at Walmart on sale, and the colour scheme didn't jive with me.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 08:45:48 AM by Chako »

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #514 on: October 12, 2019, 01:02:04 PM
Nice collection Chako  :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #515 on: October 12, 2019, 02:13:19 PM
Thanks Wspeed.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #516 on: October 12, 2019, 03:17:31 PM
Have you got any other ones you
are thinking of getting Chako  :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #517 on: October 12, 2019, 07:54:47 PM
Not at the moment. I picked up my Citizen Skyhawk today from the Jewlers. I had told them to not proceed with the 310 dollar repair job. They gave me back the watch in working condition! We were all stuned when I told them my watch appeared to be functional. Best part...when I offered to pay the 50 something for a battery change, they told me I was good to go. I guess the shop was not charged.

I am quite happy about this. I checked my Citizen Blue Angels Skyhawk which was functioning in July...and now appears to be dead as well...sigh. Guess that one will need a battery change as well.

Win some...lose some.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #518 on: October 12, 2019, 08:48:43 PM
That’s the problem with having that many watches
It will cost you a fortune in battery’s  >:(

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #519 on: October 13, 2019, 03:09:21 PM
True.

Meet the newest addition...a MIO Alpha. Found this at a local store for a deep discount. Now I know why. This model came out in 2013, and was the first sport watch to have a built in optical heart rate monitor. I did not know that until I researched it after the purchase. So got myself a bit of historical gear there, as before this model, you had to use a chest strap.

This came with a cool charging unit that comes with the shortest USB cable. Here is the watch precariously hanging off the front of my computer recharging. At least the base has a very strong magnet to keep the watch in place. I am thinking I will need a USB cable extension for this.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #520 on: October 13, 2019, 03:12:59 PM
Nice find Chako  :like:
I remember those heart rate monitor watches
with the strap you had to put around your chest  :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #521 on: October 13, 2019, 09:57:04 PM
Just pulled the trigger on a Casio GBA800-9A. This one features bluetooth.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #522 on: October 13, 2019, 09:58:40 PM
Sounds good  :like:
What is the Bluetooth do on the watch Chako

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #523 on: October 13, 2019, 10:06:35 PM
The watch has a 3 axis sensor...with the Casio app...you can keep track of your steps, calories burned, etc... Not a real fitness tracker...but a cool adition to G-shock.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #524 on: October 13, 2019, 10:27:34 PM
That sounds cool 8) :like:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #525 on: October 14, 2019, 12:08:19 AM
I wore the Mia Alpha today. I attempted to charge the watch on a USB power bar, but it didn't like that very much as it didn't want to charge. It did work like a charm on my computer's USB port however. I am kind puzzled over that one to be honest. The bracelet was tight at the beginning...but it is now somewhat comfortable as I think it stretched a little over the day.

The Mio Alpha is a very basic watch. You get a heart rate monitor that is continuous but it take 30 seconds or so to calibrate and work. You get a timer, and a Zone feature which at the moment, I don't know much about. The front LED lights up 3 different colours depending on your heart rate. Oh, and it tells time.

This morning, I had to pull hard to get that clasp in the last set of 3 holes. The tip has 3 nubs that fit into the bracelet's corresponding holes, negating the need to have a bracelet keeper. I will say, the watch is getting more comfortable to wear long term. It was fairly tight this morning. It is now snug, but at least I do not have to fear circulation cutoff anymore like when I first put it on today.  :ahhh

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 12:24:29 AM by Chako »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #526 on: October 14, 2019, 12:18:20 AM
Wspeed, here is the link to that new watch that should arrive next Friday according to Amazon.

https://gshock.ca/products/gba800-9a

What I now know from reading the above link that I didn't know before...it syncs with your phone 4 times a day for auto time adjustment....very cool me thinks.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 12:24:54 AM by Chako »

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #527 on: October 14, 2019, 01:43:10 PM
That looks good Chako
Especially the colour never
seen one before like that  :like: :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #528 on: October 15, 2019, 02:28:19 AM
Yeah...thought it was yellow...but the literature states lime green. Not sure what it will look like in person...other than it should glow in the dark.  :rofl:

Today, went to St. Joseph Island for a little fall foliage trip. It was beautiful.

Not only that...but I dug out one of my old MT.O hats for the occasion. Today, it was all about the Rangeman.

A weird optical illusion...just over that ridge...are interesting clouds.

Rocking the MT.O hat.

The marina at Hilton Beach is now devoid of boats.

Love the metal loop on the wrist band. I also like that popping red around the inner circle.

Back in the city...had to stop in at Bellevue Park to see if that Greater White Fronted Goose was still around. The Goose made a buzz when it decided to stick around. A bit of a rare sight to be sure. The fowl is still around, and that is extraordinary seeing that most of the Canada Geese have now flown south. At least it was not alone as it found  a few Canada Geese friends to hang around with. If you check the link, you can see why this goose is such a rare sight in these parts...as my city is nestled between Lake Superior and Lake Huron. Not even close to the stomping grounds of this species.

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Greater_White-fronted_Goose/overview

And a photo of the lone goose from today.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #529 on: October 15, 2019, 01:36:03 PM
Looks nice out there Chako  :like: :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #530 on: October 16, 2019, 01:35:21 AM
It was...today...rain.  :(

I was looking at my old Casio DBC-61, still sad at how the calculator keyboard cover disintegrated with age...and decided that one of my Casio case spots needed a calculator watch. Just bought a Casio Data Bank DBC-32D-1ADF - WW. That should do nicely.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #531 on: October 17, 2019, 02:25:27 AM
The Casio GBA800-9A arrived today. I am happy to say the watch is quite fetching...whether it be yellow or lime green. What I was not expecting was how dark the watch face is. I will have to attempt at a later date to get a better photo than this quick one shown here. I will say, the white hands jump out at you over all that darkness. Happy to say that the hidden LCD is nicely illuminated when that light button gets pressed. Quite the contrast between the case and the face. Not sure I feel about this at the moment. Maybe it will grow on me. Only time will tell.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #532 on: October 17, 2019, 03:26:24 AM
Here is a better photo of the above watch.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #533 on: October 17, 2019, 12:23:31 PM
Not bad...now got 10 G-Shocks.  :salute:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #534 on: October 17, 2019, 01:23:06 PM
Looks good Chako  :like: :tu:
Love the colour :dd:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #535 on: October 23, 2019, 12:31:43 PM
Thanks Wspeed.

I owned a Casio calculator watch when I was in High School...back in the late 80s. The model of that watch is DBC-61, which I now understand is quite the collectible. Unfortunate for me, the thin plastic covering over the keyboard cracked and fell off due to age (I keep a lot of things...and still have this watch in my possession). It was high time I found a replacement for sentimentality's sake. Meet the Casio Data Bank DBC-32D-1ADF - WW. Now I can get my nerd back on lol!  :rofl:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #536 on: October 23, 2019, 01:18:21 PM
Nice ones Chako  :like:
I had one when I was younger as well
Not sure what the model was but it was a Casio in black  :tu:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #537 on: October 23, 2019, 03:31:31 PM
Awesome and diverse collection, Chako,! :drool:

I've been on a buying hiatus(paying off a CC I ran up in 2014 when I lived in NY and have been paying only the interest on for five years...lol)

But, as far as watches go, there may be an extremely special one on the way. My friend who has given me nice watches before(TAG AquaRacer Auto and Movado 800 Chrono to name just two) has been making a deal with a watch dealer in Atlanta for two special watches, with one being for me. Will post it when I get it. :D
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #538 on: October 24, 2019, 01:38:40 PM
Sounds exciting.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #539 on: October 30, 2019, 05:34:54 AM
Latest edition...a Bobo Bird wooden watch.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69