Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cheapest bike lights?

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Cheapest bike lights?
on: September 19, 2018, 11:51:29 PM
Once a week I need to make a 5 minute cycle in the dark. Previously I have taped hand-held flashlights on, but that is time consuming and wasteful (tape-wise).

Does anyone have a recommendation for some front and rear (maybe side too) bike lights? I’m looking at about €20 maximum for an entire set, due to only needing them for a few minutes once a week, but you can try upsell me if you want. ;)

I intend to keep them out of the rain, and use rechargeable AA or AAA batteries.
I want them to be the “Be Seen” kind, as I already have a headlamp I can wear “for seeing”. Ideally, they should blink at a moderate hertz, but that’s not a deal breaker.

If “adaptors” exist for mounting AA hand-held flashlights to the bike frame, that would work for my purposes too.  :tu:

Thanks. :cheers:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Re: Cheapest bike lights?
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 09:42:35 AM
Twofish lockblock for the front - velcro clamp attachment so you can use whatever you've already got.

Aldi/Lidl/Wilko/whatever for a COB usb rechargeable rear. Go for Cateye/moon/lezyne if you're feeling flush.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 02:28:35 PM
Bell Radian 350. A set of those goes for $25-$30US. 3 LED lights per unit, one front unit white light, one back unit red light. They have a blink or pulse feature and have done well by me for years. They attach to your handle bars or other piping by way of an integral "C" clamp that connects using the included Allen key.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 02:40:08 PM
Thank you for the advice, hiraethus and Thundah.  :cheers:
I like the two fish lock block mount idea best, I’ll try to get my hands on some of them.  :tu:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24