Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Experiences with WORKPRO tools

MMR · 62 · 5646

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Experiences with WORKPRO tools
on: September 20, 2018, 02:03:14 PM
I see their tools pop up all the time on Amazon and AliExpress, but I don't know of any store locally that carries them and I have never held / used any in real life, but I must say that they are pretty well priced and they get good reviews as well.

I am sure if you are a professional, then they wouldn't be anyones go-to brand, but for the average driveway mechanic / DIY person i.e. myself; I can I imagine they are fine?

I don't know, anyone here have any experiences with WORKPRO brand tools?

From what I can find on Google, WORKPRO is a subsidiary of a company called GreatStar, which is the biggest tool manufacture in Asia (according to their website), but they sell worldwide, and appear to have a location in America as well.
Kind regards,

MMR

-------------------------------------------------
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: Experiences with WORKPRO tools
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 02:52:31 PM
They have a couple of models with milled steel handles that are pretty good. I will take some pics this evening. :)

The really big ($40 model) is very high quality overall, but the plier head isn't up to par with the rest of the tool.

Sam Lim knows a good bit about WorkPro tools as well.

They are not going to dethrone any of the big brands yet, but for cheaper MTs, they are not bad at all.

Edit: They are definitely worth having if you're an MT collector.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 02:53:41 PM by gerleatherberman »
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 03:07:31 PM
I own two Workpro tools.

One is a scissor multi-tool. Full review here.
It is also branded as Craftsman and Kobalt.

While it does cut, the folding implements are below-average quality.
I received the tool with a crack in the steel, and after a month, a back-spring just broke in half and fell out.
Also, it took about a while to get a refund for it. They did refund the tool, but their customer service was not in any hurry to do so.

Show content

The blade hits the back-spring when you close it. The drivers are rounded. Pretty crappy.
Can opener performance.
Show content
Workpro 10 in 1
The tiniest can opener so far. Non-locking, one third the edge of other claws, and rather blunt. Piercing was not easy, nor was anything else. This is the smallest multi-tool to hold while opening a can. Being blunt, it did not punch through easily. In order to get it to cut and to get a better grip, I had to support the can opener with my thumb. It does not cut well, constantly slipping off the rim, and having a very short and blunt cutting edge. Moving at a snail's pace, my thumb got numb for little reward. If you are unfortunate enough to have this to open a can, be patient and hope that, by the time you're done, your food is still within expiration date.

1 points for punching through.
0 for comfort.
2 for not jamming.
0 for cutting.
0 for not slipping.
Total: 3
(Image removed from quote.)

This is the same size as the Mini-Tool, but their can openers are not. I also supported the Mini-Tool's can opener with my thumb, but it is a wide handle, and thus very comfortable, while also providing a good grip and leverage.

The other tool is a blue and red small box cutter.

It is a lock-back, but there was no tension after a couple of weeks. When I open it, I have to manually press the lock-bar in place, to lock it.
When I pull the release for the extra blade storage compartment, the cover does not pop open, and I have to open it manually.

I would have gotten their large multi-tool, but seeing how bad those two are, I am not confident about it.
Their dedicated hammers, wrenches etc may be good enough.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 03:20:46 PM by ReamerPunch »

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 03:17:56 PM
They have a couple of models with milled steel handles that are pretty good. I will take some pics this evening. :)

The really big ($40 model) is very high quality overall, but the plier head isn't up to par with the rest of the tool.

Sam Lim knows a good bit about WorkPro tools as well.

They are not going to dethrone any of the big brands yet, but for cheaper MTs, they are not bad at all.

Edit: They are definitely worth having if you're an MT collector.

Not really...  ??? I own a few, not that many  to "know a good bit"  :salute: but so far my experience with them are ok-ish. Decent quality for a fair price. Very comparable to Stanley brand. I dun have a very good impression on their that large multitool though.. It's quality is so-so, bulky as hell that's almost unusable for me..

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 03:58:59 PM
Their multi-tools are a bit on the bulky side. As for quality it seems a bit hit and miss, but so far nothing extreme in either direction.

+1 to bulky and okish. That said I've only tried some of their multitool and cutter range. Anyone have experiences with their toolbags and such stuff?

Edit: As for "good-enough" mechanical tools in general: By now most tools like sockets, screwdrivers, wrenches, ratchets and what not have very specific standards. (DIN, ISO, ANSI and so on - they are pretty much identical for the most used ones). Per definition any tool that meets the relevant standard is good enough for its intended use. Thus I suggest checking a brand you trust for what you want, see what standards it meets, and if a reputable but inexpensive brand meets the same standard then very likely good enough.

(More expensive brands might manage to meet standard while still being a bit slimmer, lighter, being more durable, stylish or exceeding the standard requirements).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 04:09:37 PM by Vidar »
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 04:07:08 PM
Thanks for the replies so far guys!  :tu:

That is a great review too ReamerPunch  :hatsoff:

I guess WORKPRO is like Tactix (Another Asian tool manufacture), which is that they are "okay" for what you pay for them. Meaning, they will get the job done and last however long they last, but there's no "WOW Factor" and you won't get too attached or sentimental about them....

...which is typically fine for the average hobbyist, DIY'er, and driveway mechanic, who only uses their tools occasionally and not every day.
Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 04:15:24 PM
Their multi-tools are a bit on the bulky side. As for quality it seems a bit hit and miss, but so far nothing extreme in either direction.

+1 to bulky and okish. That said I've only tried some of their multitool and cutter range. Anyone have experiences with their toolbags and such stuff?

Edit: As for "good-enough" mechanical tools in general: By now most tools like sockets, screwdrivers, wrenches, ratchets and what not have very specific standards. (DIN, ISO, ANSI and so on - they are pretty much identical for the most used ones). Per definition any tool that meets the relevant standard is good enough for its intended use. Thus I suggest checking a brand you trust for what you want, see what standards it meets, and if a reputable but inexpensive brand meets the same standard then very likely good enough.

(More expensive brands might manage to meet standard while still being a bit slimmer, lighter, being more durable, stylish or exceeding the standard requirements).

That is so true!

.....and that is especially the case with brands like Draper, Stanley, DeWalt, BluePoint, Silverline.....etc.
Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 10:12:46 PM
Disclaimer: I have not used the HD or Medium sized WorkPro tools as EDC MTs. My statements are based on periodic usage, initial impression, and observations.

Personally, I like the large one. 'Bulky' is just too subjective for me to use as a categorization. Large would be my word of choice. It is way above par, in regards to run-of-the-mill import MTs. It is also more expensive(about $40), but I feel you get your money's worth out of it. Please note the HD WorkPro is over 13oz in weight, so if the weight is a concern, avoid it. The smaller WorkPros are about average in the $10-$15 range. Not good or bad...just meh.

I have the Craftsman branded scissor keychain tool that is WorkPro as well. It is definitely worth the $6 I paid for it. I actually went and bought a second for $6. Neither of them have any glaring defects, but then again, I've only used one of them enough to know if it were good or not. I would not pay more than $8 for one though. I am not going to compare it to any of the big-brand tools, because it costed 1/4 of what the good ones go for. You know the old saying, "you get what you pay for". I don't expect something made like a Micra, CrossCut, or Splice for that price. Here are two pics of the Scissor keychain tool.

Here are a few images comparing their two "better" models(my opinion of course). I had the mid-size WorkPro with the plastic handle scales, but ended up returning it for the higher quality version.

My end statement:
The heavy-duty WorkPro is a good tool. Not amazing or great, but good for $40. I recommend to someone with big hands and a strong back(if it checks your usage boxes) or collectors of HD MTs.
The medium-duty WorkPro has good scissors and O.K. pliers. I don't recommend it to actually use, and it isn't noteworthy enough to collect(unless you just want one).
The keychain-scissor tool is good for $6, but don't expect a $20 tool if you buy it. I recommend it to the average joe(who probably won't use it much) and C 'n' C collectors.

**Edit** Here is a thread I made comparing the HD WorkPro and LM Surge.
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,73384.msg1535541.html#msg1535541

That is all I can offer in regards to WorkPro tools.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 10:18:53 PM by gerleatherberman »
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 08:48:01 AM
That HD WORKPRO is actually a surprisingly good looking tool for that amount of money. Looks well made too (for a 40 bucks tool)

I think something like that makes more sense to have as e.g. ones truck tool or carry in ones backpack (instead of on ones belt)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 01:01:14 PM
My take on the 3 tools that GLBM exhibited. No offense intended, just my opinion. I happen to have the same exact 3 models tool.

The large one, unnecessarily bulky.. The "scales" are horrendously thick and big.. The pliers on mine is a bit wonky.. The main pivot was not well made and had a slight oval shape to it. Doesn't cut soft wires on mine as there's some play in it. Tools wise, all rather decent. Other than the file..the single cut side is made in the completely wrong direction. GLBM, have a try and u know what I mean.

The mid sized one, the retention spring/pliers stop for opening the handles are too strong for my liking.. The tools are typical made in China grade with the slippery finishes. Blade hits the handle everytime when closing. So it's giving u a rolled edged everytime..

Now the scissor multitool, I like it alot. There's a pliers version that I like too. Not so much on the internal tools but they are ok-ish for their size. The scissor is incredibly strong. It's actually my main scissors at work. Short but really strong. They are thick and does not flex. Very good for zip ties. I even use it to cut 3 core stranded copper wires regularly without any issue at all. Though mine is a little more special but that's another story.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 01:04:24 PM
Oh Btw, the HD one is available to me at about $25usd shipped. Sadly, I will not even consider buying it again.. That how much I do not like it.. Sorry GLBM.. Purely my personal opinion.  :cheers:

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 01:16:20 PM
Here we go.. :woohoo:

Sam Lim v.s. gerleatherberman

Who shall win the battle of the InterWebZ!

3....2....1....FIGHT!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

.....just kidding!  :D
Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 01:18:01 PM

3....2....1....FIGHT!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

.....just kidding!  :D

Neither! Cos we are  :drink:  :cheers:

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 02:41:12 PM

I was just kidding  :)  :cheers:
Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 02:59:31 PM

3....2....1....FIGHT!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:.....just kidding!  :D
I almost fell out of my chair seeing your post. :rofl:

Oh Btw, the HD one is available to me at about $25usd shipped. Sadly, I will not even consider buying it again.. That how much I do not like it.. Sorry GLBM.. Purely my personal opinion.  :cheers:
Interestingly, we seem to completely agree on the small and medium models, so that is cool. I do remember you mentioning yours had a wonky plier pivot. The pivot on mine isn't great, but definitely better than a lot of 'less expensive' MTs. Mine has a slightly oblong pivot, but it doesn't seem to be as big if an issue as it is on your HD WP. Must be a QC issue. Perhaps they'll remedy the QC at some point. Hopefully.  :think:
And as far as bulky goes, I would agree, except there are a few members on MT.o that love large MTs with big heavy handles, so I'll have to stick with 'large and heavy', as I said above. Only those with large hands and strong backs should consider the HD WP.. I can't slam the file too much, because it does work as well (better in some cases) as SOG's newer files(although that isn't saying much).  :ahhh
The cutters on mine work 'o.k.', but not worth writing home about. Mediocre cutters seem to be a pandemic among MT makers right now.

I'm glad you mentioned the tool-spring retention on the mid-size model, as I forgot to write about that. It is a nail breaker for sure. :ahhh

That HD WORKPRO is actually a surprisingly good looking tool for that amount of money. Looks well made too (for a 40 bucks tool)

I think something like that makes more sense to have as e.g. ones truck tool or carry in ones backpack (instead of on ones belt)
The robust toolset and strong frame are definitely noteworthy features and would be well suited to that environment. The hD WP would also make a good hammer or self defense item.  :D

Quote from: Sam Lim

:like:  :cheers:

:like: :cheers:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 04:15:07 PM
 :poh:
I've been going back and forth regarding the big tool.
I am sure that, if I order it, it'll arrive, and be a really bad example.

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 04:44:00 PM

That's what I feared with Tactix tools too.......so far I have only had one bad tool from Tactix though, the rest of them have actually been surprisingly "Okay" for the 1/2 or 1/4 of the price they cost compared to their equivalent from Stanley, Draper etc.

I did a comparison of Tactix "vise-grips with a pair of genuine Irwin Vise-grips, and big surprise the Irwin ones were better made, but they were also twice as expensive, and I do want to say that in the time I have had the vice grips from Tactix, I have not had any issues with them.

the only bad tool I had from Taxtix was a dual blade knife (utility and regular knife), the thing fell apart the first time I used it, the main reason for that was that it was held together with tiny screws, which after just getting a slight bump and being pressed hard on literally either snapped in half or pulled themselves out including the threading. Hard to explain, I wish I had pictures of it, but overall it was just a bad tool in general, regular knife was too thin as well and it was both poorly made and badly designed.

But other than that, I have had all my other tools from Tactix for a few years now and they have seen quite some heavy usage a few times, but none let me down at any time, so I can't complain about them.

I can Imagine WORKPRO will be a very similar experience

Here's the comparison I made with the Vice-Grips:
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,78691.0.html 
Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 05:05:42 PM

3....2....1....FIGHT!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:.....just kidding!  :D
I almost fell out of my chair seeing your post. :rofl:

Interestingly, we seem to completely agree on the small and medium models, so that is cool. I do remember you mentioning yours had a wonky plier pivot. The pivot on mine isn't great, but definitely better than a lot of 'less expensive' MTs. Mine has a slightly oblong pivot, but it doesn't seem to be as big if an issue as it is on your HD WP. Must be a QC issue. Perhaps they'll remedy the QC at some point. Hopefully.  :think:
And as far as bulky goes, I would agree, except there are a few members on MT.o that love large MTs with big heavy handles, so I'll have to stick with 'large and heavy', as I said above. Only those with large hands and strong backs should consider the HD WP.. I can't slam the file too much, because it does work as well (better in some cases) as SOG's newer files(although that isn't saying much).  :ahhh
The cutters on mine work 'o.k.', but not worth writing home about. Mediocre cutters seem to be a pandemic among MT makers right now.

I'm glad you mentioned the tool-spring retention on the mid-size model, as I forgot to write about that. It is a nail breaker for sure. :ahhh

The robust toolset and strong frame are definitely noteworthy features and would be well suited to that environment. The hD WP would also make a good hammer or self defense item.  :D

:like:  :cheers:

:like: :cheers:

:salute:

My pliers "stutters" when opening and closing.. That annoys me alot.. Regarding the file, not sure if u can see in the pictures.. The cut is in a different direction from all my other single cut side. Its just not natural for a right handed. It will simply just glide along the material that u are trying to file.

Thinking of this... I wonder how those left handers manage on a regular "correct" cut file..  :think:
IMG_20180921_225919-912x684.jpg
* IMG_20180921_225919-912x684.jpg (Filesize: 225.08 KB)
IMG_20180921_230048-912x684.jpg
* IMG_20180921_230048-912x684.jpg (Filesize: 167.44 KB)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 05:16:31 PM by Sam Lim »

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 01:19:58 PM
You know you need one. If only just for your collection. :pok: :D

That's what I feared with Tactix tools too.......so far I have only had one bad tool from Tactix though, the rest of them have actually been surprisingly "Okay" for the 1/2 or 1/4 of the price they cost compared to their equivalent from Stanley, Draper etc.

I did a comparison of Tactix "vise-grips with a pair of genuine Irwin Vise-grips, and big surprise the Irwin ones were better made, but they were also twice as expensive, and I do want to say that in the time I have had the vice grips from Tactix, I have not had any issues with them.

the only bad tool I had from Taxtix was a dual blade knife (utility and regular knife), the thing fell apart the first time I used it, the main reason for that was that it was held together with tiny screws, which after just getting a slight bump and being pressed hard on literally either snapped in half or pulled themselves out including the threading. Hard to explain, I wish I had pictures of it, but overall it was just a bad tool in general, regular knife was too thin as well and it was both poorly made and badly designed.

But other than that, I have had all my other tools from Tactix for a few years now and they have seen quite some heavy usage a few times, but none let me down at any time, so I can't complain about them.

I can Imagine WORKPRO will be a very similar experience

Here's the comparison I made with the Vice-Grips:
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,78691.0.html 
That was a great write-up. Thank you, MMR. :cheers:
The HD WorkPro is a bit higher up on the quality chart than most cost-conscious large MTs. Aside from the lack-luster pliers, I think it is outstanding for the price point. :)

My pliers "stutters" when opening and closing.. That annoys me alot.. Regarding the file, not sure if u can see in the pictures.. The cut is in a different direction from all my other single cut side. Its just not natural for a right handed. It will simply just glide along the material that u are trying to file.

Thinking of this... I wonder how those left handers manage on a regular "correct" cut file..  :think:
I just swap hands for direction oriented tasks.  :pok: :D
Kidding aside, I think that is fine if someone plans on using one for EDC. I know I would quickly adapt to using a different cut-direction after a day or two. I have tons of 'real' files at home and at work. Some are cut at an opposite arrangement. You can always push, instead of pull; or pull, instead of push for filing tasks. But, it wouldn't take long to acclimate to the cut-variance. IMO of course (no pun intended. :P ).

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 11:52:48 PM
The large work pro looks massive. Certainly falls into the heavy and heavy duty category.  You know, one of the criteria I always look for in a multitool is whether or not you can drop it into a sock and beat someone to death with it, because, you never know when that might come in handy.
 :hatsoff:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 04:15:25 AM
The large work pro looks massive. Certainly falls into the heavy and heavy duty category.  You know, one of the criteria I always look for in a multitool is whether or not you can drop it into a sock and beat someone to death with it, because, you never know when that might come in handy.
:rofl:
It is the heaviest MT I have ever held. The closest MT, in weight, is the Gerber Freehand(by two or three tenths of an ounce). The WorkPro HD and the Freehand are both impractical, unless of course you need to drop it in a sock and beat some would-be assailant to death, then they are top-notch. :twak: :D

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 07:37:30 AM
:rofl:
It is the heaviest MT I have ever held. The closest MT, in weight, is the Gerber Freehand(by two or three tenths of an ounce). The WorkPro HD and the Freehand are both impractical, unless of course you need to drop it in a sock and beat some would-be assailant to death, then they are top-notch. :twak: :D

Lol! There was a rerun of the casino royale on TV yesterday.. This somehow reminded me of a scene where Mr Bond was tied up in a chair...

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 04:44:09 PM
 Sam,
That image of bond being beaten with an HD WorkPro is stuck in my head now.  :rofl:

James Bond doesn't stand a chance with the WorkPro in a sock. He would be better off fighting against a death-laser. :pommel:  :D

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: September 23, 2018, 07:07:13 PM
The HD WorkPro alongside the Gerber Freehand.
20180923_115534-1.jpeg
* 20180923_115534-1.jpeg (Filesize: 125.74 KB)
20180923_115609-1.jpeg
* 20180923_115609-1.jpeg (Filesize: 182.03 KB)
20180923_115659-1.jpeg
* 20180923_115659-1.jpeg (Filesize: 190.92 KB)
20180923_120020-1.jpeg
* 20180923_120020-1.jpeg (Filesize: 68.62 KB)

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 02:56:09 AM
Now.. That freehand doesn't look so big now..

Btw, the freehand or the flik when the implements are opened up, to me they always resembles a cute little cuttlefish..

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 04:02:05 AM
 :o I see it now. :like:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: June 30, 2019, 07:24:35 PM

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: June 30, 2019, 08:31:06 PM
Got this one on the way. Looking forward to trying this one out. Should arrive Tuesday. :)

https://www.amazon.com/WORKPRO-Multitool-Locking-Cutters-Stainless/dp/B07PGNJ61P/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2IQ85M43UD5KC&keywords=workpro+multitool&qid=1561915430&s=gateway&sprefix=workpro+multi%2Caps%2C148&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

:ahhh I have ordered one and I blame u Gman!  :twak:

On a side note, this is a 4in tool. It's should be very interesting. I dun like of that scissors though.. Looks and should work/not work like the ones on Sogs...

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #28 on: July 01, 2019, 12:20:03 AM
:ahhh I have ordered one and I blame u Gman!  :twak:

On a side note, this is a 4in tool. It's should be very interesting. I dun like of that scissors though.. Looks and should work/not work like the ones on Sogs...
:iagree:
We're certainly going to find out! :cheers:

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #29 on: July 01, 2019, 12:54:48 AM
I own a few of the scissors tool other guys have posted, with the Craftsman branding. Bought one new (and cheap) out of curiosity, got a couple more in a a used tool lot I bought just to get a specific tool I was hunting. The scissors are good enough to make a decent set of folding scissors for EDC, fishing, etc. Though, as RP first mentioned, the other implements are decidedly below average. Seems like it might be a good move to remove those and save the weight.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80
Site Currency: USD
88%