Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Experiences with WORKPRO tools

MMR · 62 · 6188

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Re: Experiences with WORKPRO tools
Reply #60 on: July 28, 2019, 07:22:17 AM
I used the WorkPro today in the garage. Did some welding, grinding, wire-wheeling, and general manipulation of stuff with the pliers. I used the blade once or twice, the file a couple of times, and the bottle opener for a couple of beers.

The wire cutters had no problem with MIG wire. Snapped it right off, not even using the hard wire cutting area.
Later, I used the hard wire area to cut some really thick stainless rod, which I was using to mod a multitool. I had to step on the tool to make enough force to cut the super thick stainless rod... and it cut it, without damaging the cutters at all.

As a Gerber user, the biggest difference is the handle splay. It's far too much for my liking, and that makes it difficult to really put some serious force into the tool.

The blockiness and beefyness of the tool made it easy to place on the ground, and then step on. A Gerber will fall over every time. This didn't. I abused the SMURF out of this thing, and... it survived it just fine. It's never going to replace my Center Drive or MP600 as a daily carry... but it's actually a capable tool, and I really do think the locking mechanism is neat. Could it be better? Yeah, sure. Is it good enough for $17? Yeah... I think it's good enough for $30. But it only costs $17 right now, so that's pretty awesome.

Charles.

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Re: Experiences with WORKPRO tools
Reply #61 on: July 28, 2019, 06:13:34 PM
I have had a lot of cheap multitools over the years. Crap from Home Depot or Lowe’s, old vintage coast tools, etc. I’d say this is the best deal in cheap multis out there. Way better than the current schrade tough tool. It’s robust and usable. Heavy as hell but that’s not something that bothers me for a tool without a pocket clip. None of the other tools I’ve tried in this price range come close to it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%