Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Alone: Season 8

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Alone: Season 8
on: June 28, 2022, 05:42:41 PM
Jordan field dresses an entire Moose with a Leatherman Wave.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uH8igOw3UVQ

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Re: Alone: Season 8
Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 08:31:37 PM
Damn! Whenever I see them have to dress/butcher catches I internally cringe. They're usually using a MT and the thought of all blood and what not getting into the joints and lingering there whilst they're out there  :dwts: Even worse in some ways with the current season, a surprising amount of them are using Swisstools, no tear down!
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Online Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 02:06:53 AM
We're not seeing it but I'm pretty sure they're cleaning their tools.  They know about cleanliness and pathogens.  They probably boil the tool after cleaning game.  What they're using to oil the tool after boiling it is the question.

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 02:10:53 AM
We're not seeing it but I'm pretty sure they're cleaning their tools.  They know about cleanliness and pathogens.  They probably boil the tool after cleaning game.  What they're using to oil the tool after boiling it is the question.

I thought they'd wipe the blade down, but whole-boiling the tool would be a good approach to it, only concerns would be the joints drying out and rust setting in, but that's very tool-specific and the highly polished Swiss Tools might take that  :think:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 03:15:07 AM
In the early stages of the war in Afghanistan, US Special Forces medics were using Leatherman Tools to do amputations because their medical equipment hadn’t been air dropped in yet.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%