Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAK Evolution: Soldier and Officer Knives

ulli · 35 · 4537

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: SAK Evolution: Soldier and Officer Knives
Reply #30 on: December 04, 2018, 11:10:52 PM
Great information! Thanks for sharing.  :tu:

Offline MiniChamp

Reply #31 on: December 05, 2018, 12:22:19 AM
So here is the latest version.
This is great!  :tu: There is just the following minor issue: it now says "mady by Ulli" in several places. I believe that it should say "Made by Ulli" instead.
For me its no problem at all to edit those files. But better would be to delete old stuff/versions, what I cant (or don`t know how). Its the same with the tang stamp compilation and other sheets. For me, those are dynamic processes. Like Derek Jackson did this first sheet of officer and soldier knives, I`m sure he was absolutely convinced that those dates and changes were correct. But as time goes by, you get to know more things and could clarify those compilations, what is good!. The problem is: on the web there are many old sheets. Some people use them, other take them from those people and so on. After a while, you have the problem that there are many incorrect/old reverences on the web. So always make sure, you get to know the "original" link or the correct producer of that stuff.
You are right. It's a problem. Some people keep using old versions of your table of tang stamps and I suspect that many of them don't even know its origin. Maybe it will help a little if you do the following: instead of writing just "Made by Ulli," you can write at the top something like:
Preliminary version by Ulli. For the latest version, please check https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,79865.0.html
Grooved Corkscrew: I checked most of my knives. I couldn`t finde any 4 rivet knife with a grooved corkscrew, and no 3 rivet knife model 1909 with a non grooved corkscrew. So I would date the change to 1909. Maybe someone has more info on that?
Thanks!  :hatsoff: It's quite difficult to find information about such very old SAKs. I'm learning a lot from this picture and this thread. I'm very grateful for that.  :salute:

00 Offline NeleDo

Reply #32 on: December 06, 2018, 10:00:57 PM
Thanks for making and sharing this chart. Great work!  :climber:

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: December 06, 2018, 10:07:41 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, and also thanks to everybody for the following discussion. This was really interesting and enlightening.

nz Offline Sawl Goodman

• Between this & that.
Reply #34 on: December 07, 2018, 10:32:50 PM
Thanks for making and sharing this chart. Great work!  :climber:

Thanks for starting this thread, and also thanks to everybody for the following discussion. This was really interesting and enlightening.

:iagree:  :hatsoff:
Rambler

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24