Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Is this legitimate or a clone?

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Is this legitimate or a clone?
on: October 11, 2018, 03:23:29 AM
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: Is this legitimate or a clone?
Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 03:50:23 AM
I've bought a tool from them before. They do a lot of rescale sales from what I can tell. I bought a Climber with Emerald scales from them. It's probably a regular Champ with stayglow aftermarket scales(you know, the $10 scales from Russia). They try and make it seem like a factory tool, but they aren't fooling anyone. Their prices are pretty good though.

How ya been, Butch?
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 03:56:35 AM
I've bought a tool from them before. They do a lot of rescale sales from what I can tell. I bought a Climber with Emerald scales from them. It's probably a regular Champ with stayglow aftermarket scales(you know, the $10 scales from Russia). They try and make it seem like a factory tool, but they aren't fooling anyone. Their prices are pretty good though.

How ya been, Butch?

Thanks, I was not sure but if it is a true but rescaled vic I might still be interested.
Doing great for a old geezer, at least nobody has started throwing dirt in my face yet. :climber:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 04:41:06 AM
They're a legit dealer. That's who I bought my own dayglow scales from.

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 05:22:03 AM
Victorinox makes stayglow scales.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 06:02:42 AM

Thanks, I was not sure but if it is a true but rescaled vic I might still be interested.
Doing great for a old geezer, at least nobody has started throwing dirt in my face yet. :climber:
:cheers:
Yeah, they're cool. The Champ in Glow is pretty awesome. :drool:

Glad you're doing great, Sir! If anyone throws dirt in your face, you've got a Champ to give em' a beat down.  :D
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 06:04:19 AM

:cheers:
Yeah, they're cool. The Champ in Glow is pretty awesome. :drool:

Glad you're doing great, Sir! If anyone throws dirt in your face, you've got a Champ to give em' a beat down.  :D

:D :like:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 06:06:28 AM

I read somewhere that they had discontinued them. Do you know where I could get them from?  I have not been able to find them.
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 06:08:57 AM
They're a legit dealer. That's who I bought my own dayglow scales from.
Thank you, now I just need to decide how badly I want that.
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 09:33:40 PM
(SIGH)..... This place is a terrible influence......... Yip, you guessed it.........I bought it.........(SIGH)

:whistle: :facepalm:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 10:31:25 PM
(SIGH)..... This place is a terrible influence......... Yip, you guessed it.........I bought it.........(SIGH)

Congratulations Butch! :cheers:

I have 2 Stayglow Swiss Champs that I got from Central Valley Wholesale and I like the feel of the Stayglow scales.

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 11:09:46 PM

Congratulations Butch! :cheers:

I have 2 Stayglow Swiss Champs that I got from Central Valley Wholesale and I like the feel of the Stayglow scales.

Thanks Vicman, at least I have good company.   :D
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 11:10:23 PM

I read somewhere that they had discontinued them. Do you know where I could get them from?  I have not been able to find them.

I was referring to the Stayglow scale that come with some Victorinox models.

I have a Stayglow Recsue knife.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 11:28:44 PM
Perhaps I should put some stayglow scales on my Champion  :think:

us Offline Joe58

Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 03:23:08 AM
Rich is a fine vendor. I’ve purchased from him many times over the years.

:hatsoff:
🇨🇭

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #15 on: October 12, 2018, 03:44:16 AM
Perhaps I should put some stayglow scales on my Champion  :think:

:iagree:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #16 on: October 12, 2018, 03:46:30 AM

I was referring to the Stayglow scale that come with some Victorinox models.

I have a Stayglow Recsue knife.

I have not found stayglow else.
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: October 12, 2018, 08:02:55 AM
 :like:
Ya' done good Pappy.  :tu:
I've purchased from CVW before and they are great.  Some of the best customer service I have ever had.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #18 on: October 12, 2018, 05:45:36 PM
:like:
Ya' done good Pappy.  :tu:
I've purchased from CVW before and they are great.  Some of the best customer service I have ever had.

:tu:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%