Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How many Minnesota Vikings fans are there?

us Offline Iron Man 2

• I'm Iron Man☺😎
on: October 08, 2018, 03:47:17 AM
Just wondering how many other Vikings fans there are.  ???
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 03:54:27 AM by Iron Man 2 »
Hello Beastie.

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: How many Minnesota Vikings fans are there?
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 10:48:17 AM
viking fans? probably a lot. the ones from Minnesota that wear purple and gold (or are the colors purple, white and gold?) probably not a lot.
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 07:58:04 PM
Do we get a prize if we guess right?  I'm going to guess 6.  Is it 6?  It's 6 isn't it? Did I win? :woohoo:

hr Offline styx

Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 08:45:57 PM
not sure about that. I'd probably wager that Cowboys, Texans, Chiefs, Colts and maybe Broncos have the most fans on MTo. there are some Packers fans as well
I suppose all teams could be represented but probably with only a few fans

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 08:46:48 PM
Falcons fan checking in. Not vikings though.

hr Offline styx

Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 08:48:47 PM
now if you were to ask who supports which football (soccer, for Americans) club they support, there would probably be quite an overwhelming response

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 08:35:38 PM
now if you were to ask who supports which football (soccer, for Americans) club they support, there would probably be quite an overwhelming response
Not me! I tried, i really did. Sucks cause Atlanta’s new team is apparently great, but I am a football and baseball fan. Secondarily basketball. Soccer? I watch curling before I watch soccer. 🥌 Unless the US is in contention for the World cup, then I go all out.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 08:41:57 PM by gdoolittle »

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 08:58:40 PM
I live in Minnesota and I used to be but gave up on them years ago due to disappointment after disappointment  :facepalm:

I can't really stand to watch football any more due to all the commercial breaks .

hr Offline styx

Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 10:31:23 PM
Not me! I tried, i really did. Sucks cause Atlanta’s new team is apparently great, but I am a football and baseball fan. Secondarily basketball. Soccer? I watch curling before I watch soccer. 🥌 Unless the US is in contention for the World cup, then I go all out.
(Image removed from quote.)

What I find interesting is that a lot of American tourists share a similar sentiment, but once in Europe they often enjoy watching the games and cheering on

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 11:49:18 PM

What I find interesting is that a lot of American tourists share a similar sentiment, but once in Europe they often enjoy watching the games and cheering on
I am not one of the ones who claim that it is not a sport or anything like that. It definitely requires extreme fitness. I even played it competitively for a short while. I think I just have so much invested in my baseball and football teams that I cannot get into it. Also, it takes time to become a fan. I cannot just say all of a sudden “Great I am an Atlanta United fan now.” That’s not how fandom works, bandwagoning, yes. Fandom, no.

hr Offline styx

Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 07:45:26 AM

I am not one of the ones who claim that it is not a sport or anything like that. It definitely requires extreme fitness. I even played it competitively for a short while. I think I just have so much invested in my baseball and football teams that I cannot get into it. Also, it takes time to become a fan. I cannot just say all of a sudden “Great I am an Atlanta United fan now.” That’s not how fandom works, bandwagoning, yes. Fandom, no.

don't worry. unless you start yelling some european club's name over night, you can't even be suspected of bandwaggoning in soccer

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 05:15:55 PM
I live in Minnesota and I used to be but gave up on them years ago due to disappointment after disappointment  :facepalm:

I can't really stand to watch football any more due to all the commercial breaks .

Not 6 then?  I bet it's 5 then. Yep, it must be 5. :woohoo:

us Offline Iron Man 2

• I'm Iron Man☺😎
Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 04:04:14 AM
I would say less than 5.  :(
Hello Beastie.

hr Offline styx

Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 10:18:58 AM
don't worry. hockey was a big sport on MTo but sadly JD, who was the main an behind all the talk about it, got really busy so isn't here any more. there is a thread with football every once in a while where Gdoolittle respectfully says that the XY team is good/has great players and all the general niceties, I comment on the current season and make a few cynical comments about Steelers beating themselves (I'm a fan of theirs) and then they slowly die off
biggest thread about sports has been about the world cup. oh and there is the great gym thread that gets revived about every 2 months for a week or so

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%