Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAKnights Forum above the new tool forums?

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Re: SAKnights Forum above the new tool forums?
Reply #180 on: October 13, 2018, 09:26:31 PM
Seriously... this is the second online place collapsing on me in 2 hours...

Am I truely the cause of smurf like this??

I doubt it. I seem to be the one being called out here  :think:

I guess me saying there should be something for everyone, and there's enough room for all our interests, while agreeing with them that the forum order probably needs changing, upsets people  :dunno:

I'm pretty damn certain that whatever ruffled their feathers, wasn't you, Nick.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #181 on: October 13, 2018, 09:32:01 PM
I thought this thread was about wanting
to move a couple of new forums  :think:

And now members are leaving for what  ???

Maybe because someone was serious in a silly thread  :dunno: maybe they read a second meaning into someone's post  :dunno:

I actually Pm'd a mod about this (I'll not say which), to see if something I had said could be taken in a different meaning to what was intended, and could intentionally cause upset. They assured me that was not the case, and I'd done nothing wrong.

Nick's certainly in the clear. He expressed his feelings thoughtfully and considerately, and he should feel no guilt for this either.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #182 on: October 13, 2018, 09:36:12 PM
I do actualy.

The other incident revolves around a Facebook group where I went into direct, but polite encounter against a mod. Leaving me on the edge of being kicked and my posts removed.

It just seems too much of a coincidence when I take in the fact that I'm having the same things happening throughout the week in daily life... :/

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #183 on: October 13, 2018, 09:38:36 PM

Maybe because someone was serious in a silly thread  :dunno: maybe they read a second meaning into someone's post  :dunno:

I actually Pm'd a mod about this (I'll not say which), to see if something I had said could be taken in a different meaning to what was intended, and could intentionally cause upset. They assured me that was not the case, and I'd done nothing wrong.

Nick's certainly in the clear. He expressed his feelings thoughtfully and considerately, and he should feel no guilt for this either.
I have been reading the thread again
and can’t see anything that is out of order
Or anyone that has said anything wrong or nasty  :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #184 on: October 13, 2018, 09:39:38 PM
I’m looking at the front page of the SAK forum...
The only things there that interest me are this thread, because I like discussing issues, rapidray’s Pen & SAK challenge thread, and the question threads started by new members with questions (‘cause I like helping out).

The General tool forum is similar.

Leatherman, SOG, and Gerber interest me even less ( I only have one old LM that I got at a car boot, and one SOG).
I’m burnt out when it comes to multitools.  :-\ Should I leave this multitool forum?

We don't have to enjoy every single sub forum to enjoy being here  :cheers: you enjoy the SAK forum, break room, and helping people out, plus plenty of people enjoy having you around.  :salute: Maybe some of the new stuff will interest you too.

I'm the same, Pabs. I don't read everything. The SAK forum, mod quad, and general tool seem to be the areas I gravitate towards. Although, I tend to just click unread threads, open the ones that interest me, then click to marl the rest as read  :)

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #185 on: October 13, 2018, 09:42:32 PM
I do actualy.

The other incident revolves around a Facebook group where I went into direct, but polite encounter against a mod. Leaving me on the edge of being kicked and my posts removed.

It just seems too much of a coincidence when I take in the fact that I'm having the same things happening throughout the week in daily life... :/

Well if those two have reacted to anything you typed, they must have read something differently to me. I might not agree fully with what you said, but can find no fault whatsoever with how you said it. You're in the clear so far as I can see  :cheers:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #186 on: October 13, 2018, 09:44:15 PM

I have been reading the thread again
and can’t see anything that is out of order
Or anyone that has said anything wrong or nasty  :tu:

:salute:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #187 on: October 13, 2018, 09:46:47 PM
I do actualy.

Well if those two have reacted to anything you typed, they must have read something differently to me. I might not agree fully with what you said, but can find no fault whatsoever with how you said it. You're in the clear so far as I can see  :cheers:
I very much agree.  :salute:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #188 on: October 13, 2018, 09:48:06 PM
The only things there that interest me are this thread, because I like discussing issues, rapidray’s Pen & SAK challenge thread, and the question threads started by new members with questions (‘cause I like helping out).

Leatherman, SOG, and Gerber interest me even less ( I only have one old LM that I got at a car boot, and one SOG).
I’m burnt out when it comes to multitools.  :-\ Should I leave this multitool forum?

We don't have to enjoy every single sub forum to enjoy being here  :cheers: you enjoy the SAK forum, break room, and helping people out, plus plenty of people enjoy having you around.  :salute: Maybe some of the new stuff will interest you too.

I'm the same, Pabs. I don't read everything. The SAK forum, mod quad, and general tool seem to be the areas I gravitate towards. Although, I tend to just click unread threads, open the ones that interest me, then click to marl the rest as read  :)
Ha! I spend 90% of my time in ‘unread topics’.  :rofl: Half the time, I don’t notice the forum that a topic is in.  :think:

All hail the hook!

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #189 on: October 13, 2018, 09:53:27 PM

Ha! I spend 90% of my time in ‘unread topics’.  :rofl: Half the time, I don’t notice the forum that a topic is in.  :think:

:D

I used to get in trouble quite often with that  :whistle:

I'd reply to the "what are you carrying today" thread with a Gerber, or a Spirit, not realising that it was in the LM forum area.

It didn't go down well :pommel:

:facepalm:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #190 on: October 13, 2018, 09:54:01 PM
I'm dropping out of this discussion. I've already been far too sarcastic for anyone's good.

I think I'll drop out of the forum for a while for good measure.

So, that's a little less noise to swamp you, AW.

Hope you get the forum you want. G'day.   :hatsoff:

I too, shall move on. If I cannot express my desire without being lectured, then this place no longer excite me. So long suckers.

Nix... Marc... I'm a bit perplexed and sad about that. I hope to see you guys back in near near future  :salute:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #191 on: October 13, 2018, 09:55:50 PM

Yeah.... I might be doing the same  :think:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #192 on: October 13, 2018, 10:04:36 PM

Yeah.... I might be doing the same  :think:

Hugh........ :think:...........ahhhhh.......hummm.........we have topics?............well............aaawww ok...........hummm :think:
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #193 on: October 13, 2018, 11:13:27 PM
First I want to say I have had a great time here on MTO and have developed a great deal of respect for the opinions of the members here.  That respect of differing opinions has been what has kept me coming back.  It has lead me to give Leatherman another chance, shown me just what all the fuss is about concerning Mora and Opinel,  landed me a SOG, a Schrade, a whole bunch more SAKS, and helped me generaly grow in seeing the value of differing ideas and designs.  As a LIFE LONG user of all kinds of tools I like the idea of getting to hear and learn from the openions and thoughts of those I have come to respect and trust.  It sadens me to see such a rift occuring over something that could be a benafit to the over all knowlede of this place.  No I don't have any real interest in some of the topics here and would see them as a distractoin to my reason for being here if I saw my needs as the only reason this form should exist.  I don't however see that as the case.  This is a GLOBAL comunity, a place where differant ideas, different cultures, and the products that are produced and enjoyed can and should be shaired.  I had been using Erwin vice grip adjustable plires for years and thought they were the best thing sense sliced bread.  Then one day I ran accross these things called Knipex being discussed here on MTO.  Well thanks to what I learned here I now know Erin to be a cheap knock off of a far superior Knipex tool.   That is just one example and it's one I would have never found without hand tools being discussed here on MTO.  Knipex just are not found in stores around here.  Yes there are other sources of info on these tools but ypu have to know they exist before you can look for the info.  When you do look, about all that is found are a bunch of Ytube videos that I realy don't trust.  I trust the people here.  People here tend to post on things they actualy use every day or DON'T use and they tend to tell and show why that is the case.  The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.  I like that.  I also see the need for what some have deemed un-needed Bull Smurfery.  We all experiance differing levels of stresses in our daily lives,  Where better to cut loose, be stupid, have some fun, relax and unstress than with a bunch of other people that we trust.  The rest of the world and this includes most of our beloved spouses just don't get us.  They don't get the need for using our hands to produce a JOB WELL DONE.  We are often outcasts within our own families, because of our passions.  So if we can find others like ourselves to open up and kick a little SMURF around with, where is the harm.  No one has ever forced me to look at or participate in any thread here at MTO that I didn't CHOOSE to.  So again I will say I find this rift to be SADDENING.  I just don't get it.  As to the placement of the verious topics, dose it really matter wether the garlic is next to the onions or the horse raddish when you go to the maket.  They are all root vegatables and all have stong pungent flavors used to make many wonerful dishes all over the GLOBE.  Each one is loved by some and hated by others.  I would be willing to bet no two Markets keep them in the same place, yet we all seek out what we prefer and we still keep going to the market even if they do change things up a bit from time to time.  Again I don't get this rift. Instead I see a great value in opening up MTO and broadening it's horizons and increasing it's "customer" base.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #194 on: October 13, 2018, 11:18:07 PM
 :iagree:
Well said Douglas.  :like:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #195 on: October 13, 2018, 11:23:22 PM
Well said Douglas.  :like:

+ Big one   :iagree:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #196 on: October 13, 2018, 11:24:48 PM
 :salute: Well said.

All hail the hook!

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Reply #197 on: October 13, 2018, 11:35:16 PM
 :like:
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #198 on: October 13, 2018, 11:40:27 PM
Very well said Douglas !   :salute:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #199 on: October 13, 2018, 11:42:37 PM

Dang I must have done something right............ Oh it was probably your mother.

Well said son.
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #200 on: October 13, 2018, 11:43:09 PM
Dougie, that's the best most thoughtful post I've read yet on MTo. I agree with you wholeheartedly.  :hatsoff:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #201 on: October 13, 2018, 11:43:47 PM

Dang I must have done something right............ Oh it was probably your mother.

Well said son.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #202 on: October 13, 2018, 11:45:57 PM
Dougie, that's the best most thoughtful post I've read yet on MTo. I agree with you wholeheartedly.  :hatsoff:
Actually Douglas I agree with you even more wholeheartedly
 :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #203 on: October 13, 2018, 11:47:33 PM
Actually Douglas I agree with you even more wholeheartedly
 :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

No... smurf off Mags, Iz said it first!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #204 on: October 13, 2018, 11:50:50 PM
As I said Douglas, I couldn't be more wholeheartedly in agreement with what you said. Even Archbishop Desmond Tutu isn't as wholehearted as I am , in agreement, with you.
 :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #205 on: October 13, 2018, 11:51:42 PM
Thanks everyone.   I have sent Nix and Marc a PM asking them to read it as well.  I have found those two guys to be a wonderfull part of an amazing comunity and certainly hope they realize they are loved and we will be waiting with open arms for their return.  At least I will.  I don't want to presume to seek for any one else....
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #206 on: October 13, 2018, 11:57:02 PM
Nicely said Douglas  :like:  :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #207 on: October 13, 2018, 11:57:59 PM
Thanks everyone.   I have sent Nix and Marc a PM asking them to read it as well.  I have found those two guys to be a wonderfull part of an amazing comunity and certainly hope they realize they are loved and we will be waiting with open arms for their return.  At least I will.  I don't want to presume to seek for any one else....

Well done, Douglas  :cheers: lots of wisdom in that post earlier  :salute:

I am perplexed, but not vexed, by their withdrawal. I'm sure they'll both come back to us when they're ready  :tu:

gb Offline Jaypeebee

• No Life Club
Reply #208 on: October 13, 2018, 11:58:27 PM

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #209 on: October 14, 2018, 12:00:12 AM
Seriously... this is the second online place collapsing on me in 2 hours...

Am I truely the cause of smurf like this??

I doubt it. I seem to be the one being called out here  :think:

I guess me saying there should be something for everyone, and there's enough room for all our interests, while agreeing with them that the forum order probably needs changing, upsets people  :dunno:

I'm pretty damn certain that whatever ruffled their feathers, wasn't you, Nick.
Maybe look again at the language you used in your posts Al. When you describe what you don't like in the forum the language you use is very judgemental. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD