Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

91 mm SAK glass breaker?

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
91 mm SAK glass breaker?
on: October 10, 2018, 02:34:17 PM
I found this:

While the result is too bulky and I think not attached securely enough to the SAK for EDC it got me thinking: How hard would it be to make something similar that fits on the back of the can opener on 91 mm SAK? I don't use can opener that often so it wouldn't interfere much with my eating habits and I would be finally able to add glass breaker to my edc.  :climber:
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Re: 91 mm SAK glass breaker?
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 05:06:07 PM
You could probably add a carbide or hardened stainless pip to the end of the scissor or pliers layer spring, a bit like the Boker Tech Tools.

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 05:21:51 PM
You could probably add a carbide or hardened stainless pip to the end of the scissor or pliers layer spring, a bit like the Boker Tech Tools.

I am thinking of something that just snaps in place, like the one in the video. Just a bit more for fitting.  :D

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 05:46:14 PM

I am thinking of something that just snaps in place, like the one in the video. Just a bit more for fitting.  :D

How about a thin sharp metal nail, placed under the hook, like the pen is sometimes used? Stored inside the corkscrew, for instance...

:think: :think:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 05:48:28 PM
Or using/replacing the awl with a different spike in a material that can be used to break glass?

:think: :think:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 10:33:59 PM
Connecting a glass breaker to a non-locking joint sounds potentially very painful.

Something like a Resq-me or Lionsteel Eskaper aren't that big if you need a glass breaker?

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 10:51:00 AM
Connecting a glass breaker to a non-locking joint sounds potentially very painful.

Something like a Resq-me or Lionsteel Eskaper aren't that big if you need a glass breaker?

Have you watched the video? I don't want to place the glass breaker on the tip of the can opener. But on the back side of it when it is closed, just like the guy in the video does with modified rescue tool glass breaker. This means you would have to remove it to use the can opener but that is exactly why I want it there as I don't use the can opener much.

And I know about resq-me and intend to buy one for my car (just checked the other day if my side windows are tempered glass or laminated glass  :D). But I wouldn't mind something that is always on me and I have no more room in my pants for additional gadgets!  :ahhh

:D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44