Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

90% tool bag - Has the tools you need for 90% of the tasks at hand

Poll

Do you have a small "Go-To" set of tools/tool bag?

Yes
12 (80%)
No
1 (6.7%)
Not Yet
2 (13.3%)
What do I need a tool bag for, that's what the garage if for
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

00 Offline Staylo65

Hey everyone,

I saw in the latest MTO email that there are now sections for hand and power tools so I figured I get a thread started.

I am interested to see what everyone else uses for tools for 90% of their projects.

I personally have a 12" Husky tool bag that has a minimal amount of tools that I use as my "Go-To" bag when I have projects to work on around the house.  I put it together about 2 months ago and so far it has served me well.  I wanted to have a bag of tools that was light, and also relatively cheap to put together.  I have found over the years that while it is nice to have a plethora of tools, for most DIY house tasks I only needed a few.  If I run into one of those 10% of projects that need something more specialized, then throw together a separate tool bag with the tools I need.

What's everyone else out there in MTO.org land do?

Here are pics of my setup:

1.jpg
* 1.jpg (Filesize: 126.64 KB)
2.jpg
* 2.jpg (Filesize: 140.98 KB)
3.jpg
* 3.jpg (Filesize: 150.63 KB)
4.jpg
* 4.jpg (Filesize: 99.69 KB)

00 Offline Staylo65

And the tools and supplies inside:

5.jpg
* 5.jpg (Filesize: 115.4 KB)
6.jpg
* 6.jpg (Filesize: 110.78 KB)
7.jpg
* 7.jpg (Filesize: 82.45 KB)
8.jpg
* 8.jpg (Filesize: 74.22 KB)

00 Offline Staylo65

About the only things I think I may add are small (~6") versions of vice grips or tongue+groove(Channel-lock) pliers.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Nice tool kit you have assembled !   :like: :tu:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

• Absolutely No Life Club
I really like the look of those Husky bags, I particularly like the roller ones. I just wish you could get them in the UK!

Offline Old man Chris

I have a Veto Propack , tech backpack , which contains a general hand tool quorum , including a Bosch Flexclic drill ( straight , driver , angle , and offset driver ) . I also have totes , one big one , thats loaded out according to the day at hand , a tote for general electro / mechanical stuff , another tote for VDV , and low voltage stuff . More commonly used tools live in a Pelican , Cube , rooling case . Meters and test gear , and special onstruments live in my breifcase , along with documents . If , I’m going to be in one location for a lengthly time , time , I also have a steel gang box , secured by a heavyduty hardened chain , and an Abus curtain lock . If I had the talent , I’d do a video tour of my loadout .

Best Regards,

Chris

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
I have two bags, similar to the Husky one pictured above, only larger.  They are NOT light or easily managed.  They weigh a tonne and have tools constantly spilling out over the sides, and they are organized in such a way that I am guaranteed to never find anything I am looking for.   :facepalm:

Every now and then I organize them, but they seem to spontaneously disorganize themselves the minute I leave the room.  Inside are things like my Stanley Fubar, a random collection of screwdrivers from multiple brands, electrical tape (about ten rolls because I can never find one when I need it so I end up getting another one), several tape measures for the same reason there are numerous rolls of electrical tape, several half used tubes of epoxy, numerous rolls of teflon tape, numerous bags of screws that were left over or not needed, caulking guns, various hand saws, Dremel bits, Milwaukee and Stanley drill/screwdriver bit sets, pipe wrenches, strap wrenches, angle gauges and all manner of other random doodads used when trying to keep a house looking halfways decent and functioning slightly better.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
I have several toolboxes and a couple bags full of stuff, but currently I'm using a Husky Bucket Jockey for my around-the-house stuff. I put it on a wood dolly and roll it around inside and outside so I don't have to care how heavy it is.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Mine I currently in chaos, as I've been raiding stuff to set up the hobby desk. When that's done, I'll go back to the bag and get that reorganised... probably  :whistle:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

Offline Old man Chris

I have two bags, similar to the Husky one pictured above, only larger.  They are NOT light or easily managed.  They weigh a tonne and have tools constantly spilling out over the sides, and they are organized in such a way that I am guaranteed to never find anything I am looking for.   :facepalm:

Every now and then I organize them, but they seem to spontaneously disorganize themselves the minute I leave the room.  Inside are things like my Stanley Fubar, a random collection of screwdrivers from multiple brands, electrical tape (about ten rolls because I can never find one when I need it so I end up getting another one), several tape measures for the same reason there are numerous rolls of electrical tape, several half used tubes of epoxy, numerous rolls of teflon tape, numerous bags of screws that were left over or not needed, caulking guns, various hand saws, Dremel bits, Milwaukee and Stanley drill/screwdriver bit sets, pipe wrenches, strap wrenches, angle gauges and all manner of other random doodads used when trying to keep a house looking halfways decent and functioning slightly better.

Def

Carefully labeled nylon zipper bags are your freind , but younhave to be disciplined to make it work !

Best Regards,

Chris

us Offline getahl

I have that exact bag above, with an assortment  of hand tools within. I detailed it in the big thread,  single tools or something like that. Only thing i don't keep in it is a mini socket set,  because bbn it's too heavy. Works pretty well, otherwise.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club

What can I say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ie Offline jonon9

Inside shot of my forever changing toolbag, this is mostly for home and diy use as i use power equipment for my job.

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
I have a tool kit in each car, and a roller chest in the garage, but no, I don't have a small 90% bag.
Wonder if that changes soon?
- Steve

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
I've got a small tool chest that sits in the hallway, the gunsmith tools are currently in the kitchen, tool kit in the car and a big arsed tool chest along with power tools locked away nice and safe.
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Old man Chris

Inside shot of my forever changing toolbag, this is mostly for home and diy use as i use power equipment for my job.

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice stable of Knipex !

Best Regards ,

Chris

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68