Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Lost Tools Found

Yadda · 54 · 7507

Offline grinder

Re: Lost Tools Found
Reply #30 on: November 04, 2019, 08:13:03 PM
I was visiting in Saskatchewan. Rough desolate highway from Biggar to Rosetown. Seen a white wooden box in ditch. There were scrape marks in pavement and I could see a red panel inside box. I poped the lid and behold... Honda 3000is generator. I have a sled deck on my Dodge so trying to figure how to load it when a pickup stopped. I assumed it was their's as 2 guys came over. "Can we help you with that?" 2 nice huderite boys hmmm. Yes please. Moral is something so heavy shouldn't be on your bumper with tiny U bolts.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #31 on: November 04, 2019, 08:39:26 PM
We bringing this subject back,
I can’t believe I never wrote the most important lost tool story, my grandfather gave me my first sak, he asked me after I used his when I was ten if I wanted one and I was like YES PLEASE! but then he was like well for your twelfth bday then, so I had to wait and wait,, but I finally got it, I was so thrilled, yet after about a year later I was running through the woods and somehow lost it, leather sheath and all!
My father and I went up with metal detectors to follow my route but notta, I kept going through the woods looking around and just couldn’t find it, then about a year later my now step-sister fell while running around and screamed, yelling for me to come help her, so I ran, as I was running I tripped over something and did a face plant, it took me a few sec to shake it off but as everything came into focus, whats this? Three feet in front of me? Just sitting there under a leaf? No way, so I reach forward and sure enough, it was my sak! I’m still trying to shake off the face plant and believing what I’m seeing, then this girl screams, oh crap I forgot all about her, oops..
   But since the sak was in the leather sheath it kept it pretty clean for being in the woods for a whole year, snow and all, the leather really needed a good cleaning, but I still have them both to this day! All for doing a face plant!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #32 on: December 31, 2019, 12:28:25 AM
Found this Craftsman 20 ounce hammer at the off ramp of the intersection of Hwy 288 and the  610 loop. Model number 38169.  It has a unique tack remover claw on one of the regular claws. I've seen these referred to as triple claw hammers.
IMG_0826.JPG
* IMG_0826.JPG (Filesize: 235.55 KB)
IMG_0827.JPG
* IMG_0827.JPG (Filesize: 209.3 KB)
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: February 20, 2020, 04:50:34 AM
A couple of wrenches and a cheap carabiner. Found on the side of the road last week.
IMG_0876.jpg
* IMG_0876.jpg (Filesize: 143.56 KB)
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: February 20, 2020, 06:52:11 AM
I got a near mint PH2x400 Toptul last week in town. Last month I picked up a ratchet prybar thing.
No pics sorry cause I'm busy packing gear for the weekend.

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: February 20, 2020, 10:22:07 AM
What amazes me about this thread is that people loose so many tools  :facepalm:

Many years ago walking up to my car day after a service, saw a spot of colour beneath the car and found a nice set of pliers wedged in between the leaf springs  :hatsoff:

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: February 20, 2020, 11:08:24 AM
Found a rusty and blocked pair of pliers in the woods few years ago. Took it home, gave it a good vinegar bath, WD40-ed it. Works like a charm. Still using it happily.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #37 on: February 20, 2020, 06:53:19 PM
Found a small slotted screwdriver (insulated and new) and an automatic wire stripper on a ceiling 2 weeks ago.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: February 23, 2020, 05:52:41 AM
I found this monster on my way to work Friday.  Husky combination wrench, 1 5/16.  It is 17 inches long and weighs 2.33 pounds. 
IMG_0879.jpg
* IMG_0879.jpg (Filesize: 150.83 KB)

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #39 on: February 23, 2020, 10:29:10 PM
Found a small slotted screwdriver (insulated and new) and an automatic wire stripper on a ceiling 2 weeks ago.

Whoops. There's a nearly new Case Canoe in an old electric wall heater we've got; been there since it was put in in the 1990s. I sure hope the knife's stainless. I plan to see if I can find the thing. The heater no longer even works right; so it's probably gonna go.

And, behind the bathroom wall; behind a vanity is one of my Olight i3EOS. Left it there while working when we put the new vanities in last summer.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: March 27, 2020, 03:02:59 PM
I found this 2 inch Clamp on the side of the road near downtown Houston before the shutdown.  Needs some TLC.
IMG_0896.jpg
* IMG_0896.jpg (Filesize: 170.46 KB)

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: July 24, 2021, 11:46:31 PM
I found these all lying within 6 feet of each other on the side of the road this morning.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: July 24, 2021, 11:47:46 PM
And I found this a couple of weeks back.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #43 on: July 25, 2021, 02:44:58 AM
During walks along my road, I've found dozens of lighters which contain fluid and work just fine.  Though this photo is a few years old, here are just a few of them.

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #44 on: July 25, 2021, 03:50:45 AM
And I found this a couple of weeks back.
A few feet from your yard;)

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #45 on: July 25, 2021, 08:45:57 AM
I found these all lying within 6 feet of each other on the side of the road this morning.

So the tool losing people are delivering to you now ?   ???
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #46 on: July 26, 2021, 01:48:39 AM
So the tool losing people are delivering to you now ?   ???

I live on a medium traffic suburban street at a 90 degree curve.  Gravity and inertia do deliver occasionally.  :D

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #47 on: August 05, 2021, 03:58:30 PM
I live on a medium traffic suburban street at a 90 degree curve.  Gravity and inertia do deliver occasionally.  :D

What are you saying, your neighbours are always in a hurry, running everywhere?! Have you thought they might be affraid of you and just run when they have to pass your home?!

:pok: :pok:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #48 on: August 05, 2021, 08:24:26 PM
What are you saying, your neighbours are always in a hurry, running everywhere?! Have you thought they might be affraid of you and just run when they have to pass your home?!

Maybe they are scared and leave tools as they pass to satisfy/pacify/bribe the scary tool master ?   :pok:   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: August 06, 2021, 02:08:19 AM
Maybe they are scared and leave tools as they pass to satisfy/pacify/bribe the scary tool master ?   :pok:   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No such luck.

I could only sort of wish I had that power.  One of my coworkers believes finding tools it is my superpower.   :facepalm: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: December 09, 2022, 04:50:10 AM
Another thread I needed to pull.  Pony clamp and wire snips found on my way back home Sunday from estate sales.

* 20221204_134450.jpg (Filesize: 278 KB)

* 20221204_134520.jpg (Filesize: 321.42 KB)

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: December 09, 2022, 04:51:41 AM
My wife and I found this bulb planter at a rest stop in Louisiana two weeks ago.

* 20221204_134548.jpg (Filesize: 381.65 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #52 on: December 09, 2022, 05:26:13 PM
 :like:

I dont find much but I'm always happy to find working Bic lighters. 
Esse Quam Videri

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: December 10, 2022, 07:48:39 AM
I don't know... coming back with more tools than when you left just seems unnatural. The natural order here at least is coming back with less tools than when I left. I'm not sure if this is somehow related to the legendary disappearing sock monster, or some involuntary Santa Claus syndrome. Or just bad habits and leaky memory.

Either way it is expensive. And sadly I suspect that many who find the stuff can't even tell it apart from the average cheap and cheery, or put it to good use.
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%