Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bucks and bikes!

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Bucks and bikes!
on: October 13, 2018, 01:28:14 AM
Haven't started a thread in a while. Lets's see your buck blades with your favorite set of wheels! Motorcycles, mountain bikes, motor scooters... if it's rollin on two wheels, let's see em! Here's my 112 with my current economy bike. Keep em rollin! :cheers:
IMG_20181012_120744.jpg
* IMG_20181012_120744.jpg (Filesize: 228.42 KB)
IMG_20181012_120712.jpg
* IMG_20181012_120712.jpg (Filesize: 270.35 KB)
Send In the spartans

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: Bucks and bikes!
Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 02:15:25 AM
Hey it's not a bad looking crate!!
Barry

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 03:12:30 AM
Hey it's not a bad looking crate!!

Thanks!  Naw it's not that bad, it's got air in the tires and you can go and stop. That's all you can ask :cheers:
Send In the spartans

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 02:48:18 PM
If the rain ever let's up, I'll grab a couple pics here. :facepalm:
Barry

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 05:55:12 PM
The bike should look familiar...the sun probably won't!
IMG_20181013_115117.jpg
* IMG_20181013_115117.jpg (Filesize: 345.26 KB)
Barry

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 06:21:13 PM
 :rofl: Nice one! :like:
Send In the spartans

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 06:25:01 PM
 :cheers:
Barry

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 07:03:30 PM
Haven't started a thread in a while. Lets's see your buck blades with your favorite set of wheels! Motorcycles, mountain bikes, motor scooters... if it's rollin on two wheels, let's see em! Here's my 112 with my current economy bike. Keep em rollin! :cheers:

Nice pics Spartan! :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 07:04:20 PM
The bike should look familiar...the sun probably won't!

Nice pic Barry! :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 07:11:29 PM

Nice pics Spartan! :like: :tu: :tu:

Thanks VM! :multi:
Send In the spartans

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 07:22:09 PM
Here is my limited edition 110 drop point with S30V blade and my Auto Bike.

I got the Auto Bike about 20 years ago. It has 6 speeds and automatically shifts up when pedaling gets to 70 RPMs and automatically shifts down when pedaling gets to 40 RPMs and when you come to a stop it automatically shifts to 1rst gear.

Click on pictures for best pictures
GEDC1530.JPG
* GEDC1530.JPG (Filesize: 195.85 KB)
GEDC1529.JPG
* GEDC1529.JPG (Filesize: 220.18 KB)
GEDC1528.JPG
* GEDC1528.JPG (Filesize: 250.61 KB)

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: October 13, 2018, 07:33:24 PM
One of my Bucks with one of my bikes.LOL

buck-hd-1.JPG
* buck-hd-1.JPG (Filesize: 178.67 KB)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 07:35:35 PM

Nice pic toolguy! :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: October 13, 2018, 07:40:34 PM
Nice pic toolguy! :like: :tu: :tu:

Thanks VMAN.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 10:56:00 PM
Great thought for a picture thread Spartan19/

First is my new 112 LT with yard bike.

Next is same knife checking out the Brooks saddle.

Then what the saddle is attached, one of a few bikes I hve, but ride most frequently as more comfortable than most of my drop bar road bikes.
IMGP2475 - Edited.jpg
* IMGP2475 - Edited.jpg (Filesize: 350.15 KB)
IMGP2479 - Edited.jpg
* IMGP2479 - Edited.jpg (Filesize: 182.9 KB)
IMGP2480 - Edited.jpg
* IMGP2480 - Edited.jpg (Filesize: 260.06 KB)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 10:58:03 PM by LoopCutter »
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 10:57:56 PM
Nice!!
Barry

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 11:00:14 PM
Cool thread.   :tu:   Need to get me some pics up.

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: October 14, 2018, 12:18:47 AM
Great pics loop cutter! We'll look forward to some pics zoidberg :popcorn: heres a pic of my new mountain bike, the old one was giving me a lot of trouble and this one was on sale
IMG_20181013_181833.jpg
* IMG_20181013_181833.jpg (Filesize: 386.28 KB)
Send In the spartans

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #18 on: October 14, 2018, 03:00:46 AM
Those are some big tires, last time I checked one of those out about 3 years ago, in the snow of Michigan, those tires added so much weight.  Then saw the same style of bikes on the sandy beaches down south.

What now, you can ride it on water!!! instead of crossing via the bridge or foot path along the bank ???

Congrats on the new BALLOON TYRE BIKE :like:

Hope yours is as good!

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: October 14, 2018, 04:30:12 PM

Those are some big tires, last time I checked one of those out about 3 years ago, in the snow of Michigan, those tires added so much weight.  Then saw the same style of bikes on the sandy beaches down south.

What now, you can ride it on water!!! instead of crossing via the bridge or foot path along the bank ???

Congrats on the new BALLOON TYRE BIKE :like:

:rofl: :rofl: thanks brother! Yeah I got tired of riding around the water, now I float over it :D it takes shocks like a caddy, but don't try tight turns with it :whistle:
Send In the spartans

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: October 14, 2018, 07:12:44 PM
This is my trusty Trek 2300.

This bike has taken me over 50,000 miles on my path to achieving optimum health.

bike-buck-1.JPG
* bike-buck-1.JPG (Filesize: 180.36 KB)
bike-buck2-1.JPG
* bike-buck2-1.JPG (Filesize: 183.37 KB)

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #21 on: October 15, 2018, 01:07:00 AM

This is my trusty Trek 2300.

This bike has taken me over 50,000 miles on my path to achieving optimum health.
How long you have ridden this bike to accumulate 50K?

And how does a light weight bike like this get one into shape?   I have several bikes, my lightest is an 18# Schwinn Traveler, once I took a corner to the left and made the error of having my left pedal on down stroke, the bike stopped very very quickly, but my 250#s continued forward, preparing to either do a belly flop at 25 MPH on asphalt, or fortunately for me, I had the since to tuck my chin down and did a half arse tumble landing on my shoulder and rolled with it till I stopped.  Last time I rode that bike! :facepalm:

On my Specialized I average about 2500 miles each year for at least the past 10 years, then ride my 1973 Schwinn Super Sport (rebuilt) for century rides and day tours. It is the original Cool Lemon and turns heads each time I ride, I will try to snap a photo or dig one up.   

For me riding is a great stress eliminator, as soon as my behind settles onto the saddle, my pains drain down and out onto the roadway. :woohoo:

I am truly impressed you logged 50K on a single bike, that is a good testimony to the TREK build.

Hope yours is as good!

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: October 15, 2018, 01:53:51 AM
 :iagree: that is impressive, I spent part of the day breaking in the new mongoose fat tire. This thing is a 7 speed tank! It turns heads for sure riding around downtown Boston! Can't wait to get it out on some dirt paths. Love this bike :like: :like:
IMG_20181014_194930.jpg
* IMG_20181014_194930.jpg (Filesize: 476.7 KB)
IMG_20181014_194951.jpg
* IMG_20181014_194951.jpg (Filesize: 341.42 KB)
Send In the spartans

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: October 15, 2018, 02:05:29 AM
I've ridden for 36 years.I've ridden this Trek for 17 of those years.I logged 5,000 a year for at least ten years and then started to ride harder,faster but for less time each day. I don't ride for stress relief,so my rides aren't leisurely.I have logged more than 50k  to be honest.

The weight of the bike plays a small part in the attempt to achieve cardio-vascular health.The RPM's generated which increases your heart rate to a targeted zone and then maintaining that rate for a specific period of time allows one to achieve cardio fitness.

That picture in my profile is a picture of myself.My wife took that when I was playing with some toys instead of changing from my biking gear into my running gear.

PS:  The frame has held up well. I've gone through dozens of tires and I don't know how many derailleur and brake cables,as well as brake pads. I repack my wheel bearings every year and keep everything well lubricated.Maintenance is key to longevity.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 02:11:04 AM by toolguy »

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #24 on: October 15, 2018, 02:19:38 AM
My Cool Lemon

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m394/GLVander/1973SuperSport/SSdriveside.jpg

URL=http://s333.photobucket.com/user/GLVander/media/1973SuperSport/SSdriveside.jpg.html][/URL

Hope yours is as good!

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: October 15, 2018, 02:32:35 AM
My Cool Lemon

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m394/GLVander/1973SuperSport/SSdriveside.jpg

URL=http://s333.photobucket.com/user/GLVander/media/1973SuperSport/SSdriveside.jpg.html](Image removed from quote.)[/URL

Your Cool Lemon looks to be in better cosmetic condition that my Trek 2300.What you can't see in my close-up photo are all of the scars as a result of riding hard and fast.I've been riding Harleys all of my adult life and have never suffered any serious injury in three accidents.On the other hand,I've endured two broken bones and several tears to my rotator cuff in accidents on my two Treks that I've owned in the last 36 years.LOL

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #26 on: October 15, 2018, 02:05:41 PM
@toolguy - CONGRATULATIONS on maintaining your regiment. 

Your bike's frame has held up very well.   I understand the maintenance aspect, and know you likely put tires on it every year at minimum.   

In my location I am lucky to be able to ride 10 months of the year, and log about 12 -15 miles a ride.  This does not include events.

Now working PT at a YMCA I planning to check out the spin classes and see if I can handle the stationary thing. :facepalm:

Schwinn paint is very hardy, and Schwinn chrome polishes up to almost new shine.  The Chicago built bikes were built to last.

I do not ride motorcycles, only pedal bikes, since I was 5, now will be 65 on the 31st.   Been fortunate, no serious injuries, only scrapes and bruises.  I hope to continue for a lot longer, helmets now, never when younger, was much luckier back in the day.

Hope yours is as good!

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: October 15, 2018, 08:20:17 PM
@toolguy - CONGRATULATIONS on maintaining your regiment. 
Your bike's frame has held up very well.   I understand the maintenance aspect, and know you likely put tires on it every year at minimum.   
In my location I am lucky to be able to ride 10 months of the year, and log about 12 -15 miles a ride.  This does not include events.
Now working PT at a YMCA I planning to check out the spin classes and see if I can handle the stationary thing.
Schwinn paint is very hardy, and Schwinn chrome polishes up to almost new shine.  The Chicago built bikes were built to last.
I do not ride motorcycles, only pedal bikes, since I was 5, now will be 65 on the 31st.   Been fortunate, no serious injuries, only scrapes and bruises.  I hope to continue for a lot longer, helmets now, never when younger, was much luckier back in the day.
Thanks.

I actually don't change tires every year.I run Gator Skins and they'll go a long way before they need to be replaced.I use Duro Thorn Proof inner tubes as well.I also ride on very well maintained paved roads,so wear is minimal.

I've never tried spin classes but when the weather forces me inside I ride my Trek on a trainer or rollers.

I've never worn a helmet and don't intend to start.

PS:  I still own my first Trek, a model 630 with a chrome moly frame and down tube mounted shifters.LOL

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: October 16, 2018, 04:11:19 AM
I'm not much of a helmet guy either. I used to wear them all the time, not only wear mine when I'm on base. I only ever had one time where I was glad I was wearing one, that was when I was 12 and my bmx bike collided with a car pulling into a gas station. That was the one time that a helmet saved me from getting hurt
Send In the spartans

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #29 on: November 17, 2018, 03:40:24 AM
I can tell everyone present that I was skeptical about those big tires too.  Anything that strays away from tradition tends to get a sideways glance from me.  That being said, I'm still willing with new ideas.  That bike of Noah 's sold me!  Not only does it ride like it floats, but it can actually get up and go!  Now to convince the headquarters that I need one.... :facepalm:
Barry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD