Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

FS Swiss Army Pliers - Wenger Minigrip / Pocketgrip multitool with bit driver

Offline scuba99

For sale via ebay (I can't PM because I'm a newbie). 

I read the forum rules, but am obviously a rookie, so please let me know if I'm goofing up.

These are pretty rare apparently, and I found a good description on a thread here:
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=934.0

Dad got me this years ago, and I don't use it.  Scales have nicks b/c it was in my tool drawer.

The rules say post a price.  The current bid on ebay is less than $10.  I had a buy-it-now for around $75, but for some reason that doesn't appear now. 

Thanks in advance for any interest.  If you buy through this link, ebay doesn't charge me fees, so appreciate it if you can figure it out.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 07:20:13 PM by Grant Lamontagne »

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Like I said in your other post welcome to the forum. I'm not sure what you mean by no fees through your link. E-Bay will collect fees on your final sale.

If you want to offer it here for a fixed price you are welcome to do so but you might want to introduce yourself in the new member forum before having a sales thread be your only posts.

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
You're more forgiving than I would have been, Steve. ;)

Offline scuba99

Thanks for being forgiving.  I know i'm begging to be flamed by making my first post a FS item, so appreciate the hospitality.
I'm doing this from the road today, so will make a few intro comments here, and try to post in the new member forum when I get to a computer. 

Offline scuba99

Re: ebay fees, there was a new feature that popped up when I listed that says if someone buys through a custom link they personalize for you, then there are no fees. (They want you to post it on facebook, etc)  i think it's a new thing and must use cookies. 

Offline scuba99

Intro comments / about me:
Haven't been a mutlitool guy, but after my edc SAK was relieved from me by TSA, I've been researching SAK's and multitools the last 2 weeks every coffee break.

My edc: victorinox manager for 1 year. It replaced a 4 year rambler, and was an upgrade to have the pen over the toothpick. 

Reaearching: a more complete all-in-one tool for my 1-2 camping trips per month w kids and on weekends.  This had been a one-hand trekker for me (SAK), but was missing pliers, so....

New contenders:
Skeletool
Swiss champ
Sak hercules
Style PS
Sak explorer

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Scuba the E-Bay links have been removed but like I said you are welcome to sell here for a fixed price.

If you do be sure to post pics as well.

Offline scuba99

:climber:
Results:
Trekker: i love this for the locking bottle-opener.  (Who doesn't do a ton of prying?).  In this process I bought two more, mainly to mod with swissbianco's 111mm clip kit, which I finished yesterday. Highly recommend! Thx!
Skeletool: looks great, but too big for what i need, and I kept thinking I'd use one-handed scissors more than the cool one-hand blade.
Hercules: bought it, but frankly whiffed b/c didnt realize it was missing one-hand opening and locking bottle opener. It's going in the camper.
Explorer (vic): love the central-mounted phillips.  May be "the one" for the appocalypse b/c of the magnifying glass.
Swiss champ: dusted my old one off.  It may be the winner for the all-in-one  I was looking for, b/c I just need new springs, and figure out how to reshape a stripped phillips.

This was prob TMI, but just wanted to be a good forum citizen and not a one-and-done seller.

Offline scuba99

Scuba the E-Bay links have been removed but like I said you are welcome to sell here for a fixed price.

If you do be sure to post pics as well.

Ok- thx Steve.  Understood about removing the links. Will get some pics up.

Offline scuba99

Here's a pic.  Haven't done a ton of research on price. The last four sold on ebay were $150, $100 (2), and $200 (2), plus shipping.   So I'm going to say $120, plus $10 priority mail shipping, via paypal before next saturday when the auction ends.  Hope that sounds reasonable.

Ps the forum is limiting me to pics less than 1024kb, and getting one of them to that size just about maxed out my tech skills on my phone.
1539549277849_20181013_225612.jpg
* 1539549277849_20181013_225612.jpg (Filesize: 106.95 KB)

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Thanks for putting a price on it but..... I would say it's bad form to say in your first post that you had it for a BIN price on E-Bay for around $75 and then list it here for $120. Might rub some the wrong way.    :o

Offline scuba99

Thanks for putting a price on it but..... I would say it's bad form to say in your first post that you had it for a BIN price on E-Bay for around $75 and then list it here for $120. Might rub some the wrong way.    :o

I guess so, and totally respect this is yall's house.  If you look at it from my perspective, I'm trying to invest as little as possible in unloading this thing, so I spend 30 min listing on ebay, then Ebay gives me a pop-up that they'll save me $7-10 on final value fee (which always seems too high) if I can think of anyone I know who'd be interested.  I remember a helpful forum from when I was researching whatever you call this knife in order to list it, so I spend 10 min to post it here.   I remember how annoying newb's are, so I spend an extra 5 min reading the FS sticky / FAQ's, then also do a full text search for the word "ebay," because I know it's a common prohibition.  Finding none, I post the zany ebay link-- again, all to save less than $10 on fees.    I try to be humble and play along when the ebay link is pulled from my post, and spend about 30 min figuring out how to resize and post a pic.  I'm asked for a price, and now that I'm something like an hour into my investment in multitool.org, I go ahead and check the completed listings, so that when / if I cancel my ebay listing early, and risk annoying some ebay citizen, I'm at least doing it in the range of the last couple of completed listings.  Hopefully that helps someone appreciate my thoughts on pricing.

If you can't sympathize, my feelings won't be hurt if you kill the entire thread.   Apologies for the trouble-- I know moderating is PITA, more frustrating than rewarding, and we all owe the folks like you who do it a huge debt for making the internet a useful place.   

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Appreciate the explanation and good luck with your sale.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%