Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

EAB and Mini Paraframe?

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
EAB and Mini Paraframe?
on: October 15, 2018, 10:02:39 PM
Uh oh, I lent my grandmother my best folding utility knife, a full metal, well made Kobalt and she never gave it back. I do have a G-10 scaled Kobalt that's the flick open "Fast Back Style" but it's too long.   I also have a Gerber Edge, but the standard cheap utility knife blades fit loose compared to the one stamped with the Gerber logo it came with (I guess they're the "Heavy Duty" type which I should be using anyway). I somehow lost my favorite exchangeable blade knife, the old Stanley "Pocket Knife" that was my great-grandfather's, but I put a new blade in it. But those blades are pretty expensive to replace, so I usually end up sharpening them, and only change them if I damage the tip.  I've been giving the EAB some serious thought, as it's small, and allows use of nearly the full length of the utility knife blade.

TSC currently has a black one with a Shard for $12? I think, so I might go ahead and get one next time I'm there, as well as the 3-pack (or 4?) pack of Mini Paraframes.  Is the EAB worth it?   And, since I'm buying the Mini Paraframes, what about them?  Good little knife to throw in kits?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: EAB and Mini Paraframe?
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 03:47:37 AM
I really like the EAB for what it's worth and have had a couple (one I sold to someone I work with and they still have it) they are very well built but if you aren't careful you can lose the screw, which I have :whistle: but Gerber sent replacement screws to me so still good to go :tu:

I have a Mini Paraframe but never really use that size or type of knife that much so really can't comment on that :think:

us Offline Darrell85

Re: EAB and Mini Paraframe?
Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 05:32:38 AM
Did you end up getting the eab? I have been carrying on at work (hvac) for a year now and love it. Only thing i would change is a better way of swapping blabes.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%