Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Keysmart Pro with Tile tracking.

Aloha · 47 · 4894

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Keysmart Pro with Tile tracking.
Reply #30 on: June 17, 2019, 07:19:21 PM
Light still going strong so I am no longer going to actually press the button any more.  Since there is an indicator on the Keysmart I'll leave it up to it to tell me when to charge it.  Its just as easy to connect like my other USB chargeable items when its needs topping off. 

IMG_7396.jpg
* IMG_7396.jpg (Filesize: 194.54 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #31 on: June 21, 2019, 04:50:42 PM
Nearly a month in and the battery seems to be holding charge well.  I've dropped it twice now onto my driveway and its a tough son of a gun. 

Keys holding firm and the MagConnect is holding strong even being dangled from the chain into my pocket.  Its never disconnected which I am very happy about.

I was looking at my MiniSharpie and thought the cap could be used to make a magnetic connect thing  :dunno:.  So strong neodymium magnets and epoxy perhaps. 

I can at almost a month in highly suggest this item.  I've not had to use the Tile feature but I can see it being a very nice feature for those prone to misplace their keys or phone.  Heck pick up a Tile for anything you might tend to misplace.   

IMG_7409.jpg
* IMG_7409.jpg (Filesize: 167.21 KB)
IMG_7410.jpg
* IMG_7410.jpg (Filesize: 242.31 KB)
IMG_7411.jpg
* IMG_7411.jpg (Filesize: 233.05 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: June 30, 2019, 07:00:29 AM
Still carrying my Keysmart Pro.  I'm liking this more and more.  In my pocket it disappears which makes it very easy to carry loaded with my keys.  I've still not charged it but I did stop pressing the light button as I was getting bored doing so. 

Its gotten banged around and its holding its own.  I like the ergos very much.  In my hand its fits perfect when using the light or keys.  The light is as I've already said is perfectly placed.  I've even used it in a dark room just to find the switch.  Great idea to add a light on this item seriously.  I've not had to use the tracker however I still think its a great idea.  Certainly if one should misplace their phone or keys often enough. 

IMG_7500.jpg
* IMG_7500.jpg (Filesize: 148.65 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #33 on: June 30, 2019, 09:43:57 AM
Aloha,

Thank you for the experiences and info regarding the KeySmart! I opted for the basic version over the Pro, because I'm cheap. And since I realized a backup light isn't absolutely necessary. I ditched the second light idea, decided to put my five most used keys on the Keysmart, and put the rest of the keys I rarely use on two different rings(one in my car for stuff not at work or home and the other with five other moderately used keys deep in my pocket).
I am really enjoying not having keys jingling around off my belt loop, and am not worried about catching and damaging keys when sitting on the ground working under stuff.

Go Keysmart! :woohoo:

Got the extension kit in case I decide to put the pocket keys on the Keysmart(which may happen to reduce the pocket bulk).

Swapped the old brass hook for a NiteIze setup to be able to remove the sets individually. Worked out well!

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: July 01, 2019, 04:28:54 PM
I use that same NiteIze clip/carabiner.  Its been a great way to keep my vehicle key/fob separate.   I'm glad you've decided to try one out.  I found once I had it in hand I was able to really give my key situation a good looking over.  What I put into the Keysmart was the perfect set up while my secondary keys were then set up differently.  Its been great. 

I also didn't realize how much I disliked the key jingle.  The shape to me is great too.  While the dog bone shape of Keybar is nice I find this hourglass shape of Keysmart more to my liking.  The extra feature of the Tile is likely not something I'll need it is very nice background feature.  The light however is very nice.  It would be advantageous to add it to ALL Keysmarts or offer it on more. 

Looking at your set up, its nearly identical to mine.  I however like to keep a light on my vehicle keys as well as a pry tool. 
IMG_7511.jpg
* IMG_7511.jpg (Filesize: 185.69 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #35 on: July 02, 2019, 12:08:18 AM
 :like:

The Keysmart started out feeling like a hassle to use, but has sense gotten about as easy as using jingle keys. :)

The pry tool is one more thing on the list I'd like to try out. But, that'll be for another week.

Your setup looks very good. Like you said, mine is similar, but I keep a backup light(LED Solitaire or Luxpro 130) and a SOG CrossCut on one of my belt loops. Then I always carry a larger light as a primary.

:cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: July 12, 2019, 05:27:42 PM
I'm finally charging my Keysmart.  It may have needed it sooner but I hadn't used the light in a few days. 
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #37 on: July 16, 2019, 01:44:16 AM
I still have not charged mine. 

Mind you, I haven't really used the light for anything.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #38 on: July 16, 2019, 03:36:08 PM
I think I killed my Keysmart  :facepalm:.  This is why I cannot have nice things  :rofl:.  Ok so I charged it up and for the heck of it I pressed the tile button, nothing.  Its supposed to play a tune.  Its a recessed button so figured I hadn't actually pressed it.  This time I made sure to engage the button, nothing.  I wasn't sure why it wasn't playing tune.  I pressed and pressed and finally got it to play thus connecting to my phone.  I haven't used it as mentioned because its not something I have needed.  I used my phone to locate the Keysmart and that works.  It "seems" when the Tile feature is activated on the Keysmart the tune ( volume ) is very low.  I could be wrong since I haven't spent enough time using this feature. 

My thoughts are, being in my pocket condensation fouled it up?  I did tell y'all I dropped it a few times so maybe that broke it?  I am pressing it now as I type and nothing.  I very well could have gotten it wet tho not soaked.  By wet I mean wet hands then using the Keysmart.  Could the banging around in my pocket damage it?

I will notify Keysmart so they can take a look at it and determine whats wrong.  As is I don't actually care.  I don't "need" the Tile feature but it might be something they ( Keysmart ) would be interested in.  I love the light so that works and its great. 

By the way here is what I've done since my last post......  :whistle:   
IMG_7551.jpg
* IMG_7551.jpg (Filesize: 115.9 KB)
IMG_7552.jpg
* IMG_7552.jpg (Filesize: 115.61 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #39 on: July 16, 2019, 05:12:57 PM
Great addition with the bit holder! :like:

Sorry to read the tile feature is malfunctioning. Hopefully Keysmart can remedy the problem.  :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #40 on: July 17, 2019, 12:32:23 AM
I am really liking the bit driver add on.  I had one from a Surge I dismantled.  I was initially gonna put the small bit driver in but once I moved things around I had the space.  I am so stoked now. 

I'll contact Keysmart so they can see what I did if anything.  I don't need the tile feature but it would be nice for them to sort it out for their sake.  I love the light on it tho.  I use it more than I thought.  My poor Photon is now back up to it. 

I'm carrying a LM#4 with a different bit so I have essentially 4 bits.  I love this thing.  I tweaked my set up slightly but I am super happy right now.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #41 on: August 07, 2019, 05:41:00 PM
So I haven't contacted Keysmart BUT for some strange reason it began to work again  :woohoo:.  Not sure why but the Tile button is operational.  Not much has changed in my set up as what I have is working great.  I really like having the bit holder in the Keysmart ( sorry I cut off in the pic ).

I still enjoy having that light as much as I initially did.  Its been so handy that my long lived Photon X has left my keychain. 

IMG_7698.jpg
* IMG_7698.jpg (Filesize: 244.23 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: August 08, 2019, 08:20:39 AM
So odd it began working again. :dunno:

But, that said, awesome! :like:

Good to read the Pro is still working as it should!
Still considering the Pro for the backup light at work/main light off work. :ahhh

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #43 on: August 08, 2019, 03:26:36 PM
I wish you could somehow test it out to see if it would work for your purposes.  I was using my Photon X as my go to light for lighting my door lock or for inside my vehicle or random lighting needs.  I'd go to my Fenix LD02 when I wanted a bit more light.  The PROs light is sufficient to say the very least.  I appreciate the double tap on feature and 10 seconds is usually enough time.   Putting aside color of light and the shape the light makes ( rectangle ) in a pitch dark room I can easily navigate safety. 

It was hard to take off my Photon X.  Its been so reliable and so darn handy to have.  Its adjustable light level was a big plus.  The PRO however meets my needs and keeping it charged is as easy as keeping my phone charged.  We'll see how well it performs longer term when the days get shorter and nights longer.  I really like not having the change cells thats for sure.  Like most I carry a battery bank in my vehicle so I am not far away from a charge if needed. 

I am not sure why the Tile button "stopped".  Its all working perfectly now  :dunno:.  I would have been more bummed had the light stopped working  ;) 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #44 on: August 27, 2019, 03:19:12 PM
Such a great way to carry keys.  I am very much still liking my Keysmart.  I've used the light more than I thought I would and it seems more than my PhontonX when it was on my keychain. 

I may take off the bit holder as I've not used it as much as I thought.  It was more concept so the added weight is not welcomed.  Great if you really use a driver a lot but I've got that covered usually. 

IMG_7764.jpg
* IMG_7764.jpg (Filesize: 92.61 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #45 on: September 09, 2021, 09:09:44 PM
Figured it was time for a longer term update.  I stopped using my Keysmart because I rearranged my key set up.  Its been a couple months now of my newest set up without my Keysmart. Today I was going to set it up again and as I was doing so I saw the crack.  I doubt highly that my keys would fall out or this is a "major" issue but it was worth pointing out. 

I am still very pleased with this key management system.  Yes I stopped using it but thats more about me and my deranged way of thinking about how I carry my keys. 

I think its a simple elegant way to carry many keys in a nice managed way.  The light is a nice feature and the Tile aspect is great for those who would really benefit from a tracker on your things.

As you maybe able to tell I used this thing and did not baby it.  Early I mentioned I did drop it and thought I killed it so maybe the crack happened at that point?  I would still recommend this item for those looking for a nice neat way to carry multiple keys.   

IMG_3170.jpg
* IMG_3170.jpg (Filesize: 272.37 KB)
IMG_3171.jpg
* IMG_3171.jpg (Filesize: 199.51 KB)
IMG_3172.jpg
* IMG_3172.jpg (Filesize: 194.51 KB)
IMG_3173.jpg
* IMG_3173.jpg (Filesize: 172.1 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return