Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Dr. Who Swiss Army Knife Quote

Joe58 · 44 · 2729

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Re: New Dr. Who Swiss Army Knife Quote
Reply #30 on: October 22, 2018, 03:00:03 PM
Looks like I did the right thing, when I stopped watching Dr. Who, when Matt Smith(my favorite Dr. Who actor) left. I just didn't like Peter Capaldi and stopped watching.  :(

The writers have such a lax job, that they can't imagine needing a blade to complete the work or perform day-to-day tasks. Some of us have to actually work and need tools. Some of us know why it is important to have some tools handy and use them. The writers and editors that made that "idiot" comment happen are cushy, diddly squat smurfs.

Matt was great, to me also the "last great Doctor"  :salute:
The writers prolly go to the studio in public transport or their car (repaired by a mechanic), once there they get pre-opened letters and pre-released from the box documents and papers, enjoy instant coffee in finger-rip single serving insta-coffee packs  :ahhh  at the office where the AC, electronics and systems are already repaired and worked on by other speSmurfpillsts  :whistle: (electricians, plumbers, A/C technicians...) and when their TV breaks at lunch time they call the adequate company or worker to put it back in order,  ::)

so they finally get home to have a pre-packaged and probably pre-cut meal in a Microwave that once stops working won't be opneed to tinker with, but rather be thrown away regardless of the problems it may have and ease of repair, to buy a new one  :dunno:

Personally I thought the episode with the diamond wall was awesome.  :think:

the Castle episode was Capaldi's greatest, no doubt (critics and public both think so too) but that might be (who am I kidding, it is) because it was written by the great Steven Moffat, who has written all my favorite Doctor Who episodes (among them "Blink", the most awarded David Tennant's serial and the one featuring the Weeping Angels for the first time), who also wrote the best of the new Sherlock Holmes episodes with Cumberbatch, also who casted Matt Smith and chose him to be the new doctor (great choice), among many other great things

Moffat sadly left the show with the arrival of Jodie, so his role with Dr.Who and involvement in the writing and scripts is now nonexistent  :rant:

We really lost the best Dr.Who writer with that  :P

Pretty solid points, about both the show and probably the people involved.

Though in fairness I don't know how to service a microwave either  :dunno:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #31 on: October 22, 2018, 03:43:30 PM
Looks like I did the right thing, when I stopped watching Dr. Who, when Matt Smith(my favorite Dr. Who actor) left. I just didn't like Peter Capaldi and stopped watching.  :(

The writers have such a lax job, that they can't imagine needing a blade to complete the work or perform day-to-day tasks. Some of us have to actually work and need tools. Some of us know why it is important to have some tools handy and use them. The writers and editors that made that "idiot" comment happen are cushy, diddly squat smurfs.

The writers prolly go to the studio in public transport or their car (repaired by a mechanic), once there they get pre-opened letters and pre-released from the box documents and papers, enjoy instant coffee in finger-rip single serving insta-coffee packs  :ahhh  at the office where the AC, electronics and systems are already repaired and worked on by other speSmurfpillsts  :whistle: (electricians, plumbers, A/C technicians...) and when their TV breaks at lunch time they call the adequate company or worker to put it back in order,  ::)

so they finally get home to have a pre-packaged and probably pre-cut meal in a Microwave that once stops working won't be opneed to tinker with, but rather be thrown away regardless of the problems it may have and ease of repair, to buy a new one  :dunno:

Personally I thought the episode with the diamond wall was awesome.  :think:

the Castle episode was Capaldi's greatest, no doubt (critics and public both think so too) but that might be (who am I kidding, it is) because it was written by the great Steven Moffat, who has written all my favorite Doctor Who episodes (among them "Blink", the most awarded David Tennant's serial and the one featuring the Weeping Angels for the first time), who also wrote the best of the new Sherlock Holmes episodes with Cumberbatch, also who casted Matt Smith and chose him to be the new doctor (great choice), among many other great things

Moffat sadly left the show with the arrival of Jodie, so his role with Dr.Who and involvement in the writing and scripts is now nonexistent  :rant:

We really lost the best Dr.Who writer with that  :P

Pretty solid points, about both the show and probably the people involved.

Though in fairness I don't know how to service a microwave either  :dunno:
:iagree:
I didn’t know that Moffat left...
I guess he was the reason that Matt was so well liked? ;)

And I can’t fix a microwave either. I don’t even own one. ??? :rofl:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:45:03 PM by Don Pablo »
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #32 on: October 22, 2018, 09:43:29 PM
well folks no offense meant, I don't know how to service all my Electronics, devices and stuff either  :think:

What I meant is that they are probably people with "accommodated lives" (nothing wrong with that) who live in a city where most things do not require the use of knives, tools, or other hand working, physical tasks and demanding efforts  :dunno:

thus they don't carry a knife with them and likely see little use in doing that other than what the TV and movies have shown the last decades (knives are for murderers, vandals, outlaws and criminals  :facepalm:)
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #33 on: October 22, 2018, 09:51:24 PM

so they finally get home to have a pre-packaged and probably pre-cut meal in a Microwave that once stops working won't be opneed to tinker with, but rather be thrown away regardless of the problems it may have and ease of repair, to buy a new one.  :dunno:
Well said, TP! :like:

I need to invite the writers to spend a day with me at my job. They'll be praying for an edged tool when they have tried to carve/cut oak(among a hundred other tasks) with a fingernail file. :rofl:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: October 22, 2018, 09:56:36 PM
well folks no offense meant, I don't know how to service all my Electronics, devices and stuff either  :think:

What I meant is that they are probably people with "accommodated lives" (nothing wrong with that) who live in a city where most things do not require the use of knives, tools, or other hand working, physical tasks and demanding efforts  :dunno:

thus they don't carry a knife with them and likely see little use in doing that other than what the TV and movies have shown the last decades (knives are for murderers, vandals, outlaws and criminals  :facepalm:)
It seems to me that even people in the city living accommodated lives still have use for a pocketknife or MT, (and a use for something to defend themselves with where legal).

Its OK though. If the writer ever asks to borrow my knife for the clamshell packaging on his/her new (fill in the blank with funny object of choice), they will get a fat, resounding NOPE.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #35 on: October 22, 2018, 11:34:40 PM
No offence taken.  :cheers:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #36 on: October 22, 2018, 11:37:09 PM
No offence taken.  :cheers:
I knew you were the Dr. Who writer who put that comment in that episode! :twak:
*Off with his head!* :D
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #37 on: October 23, 2018, 12:00:11 AM
I for one am deeply offended. In fact, one might go so far as to say I am insane with anger.   

Show content
of course I'm joking. But can anyone name the movie referenced in this post?

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #38 on: October 23, 2018, 03:35:56 PM

Its OK though. If the writer ever asks to borrow my knife for the clamshell packaging on his/her new (fill in the blank with funny object of choice), they will get a fat, resounding NOPE.

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #39 on: October 23, 2018, 03:40:32 PM
:rofl:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

gb Offline SPiK3

• New User
Reply #41 on: October 23, 2018, 07:46:16 PM
so, Ep.1: Only idiots carry knives. Ep.2: an "idiot" cuts something that is choking another character and about to suffocate him to death by quickly using and deploying a thumbstud folder (aka "deadly knife" under UK law eyes  ::)) :dunno: :think:  and it's really uncommon to see knives on the Doctor Who show, let alone one actually being used, and not only displayed or carried ???

Erm, one handed opening knives aren't illegal in the UK, there is no legislation relating to them. I carry a OHO every single day with no issues here in London.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: October 24, 2018, 12:41:32 PM
so, Ep.1: Only idiots carry knives. Ep.2: an "idiot" cuts something that is choking another character and about to suffocate him to death by quickly using and deploying a thumbstud folder (aka "deadly knife" under UK law eyes  ::)) :dunno: :think:  and it's really uncommon to see knives on the Doctor Who show, let alone one actually being used, and not only displayed or carried ???

Erm, one handed opening knives aren't illegal in the UK, there is no legislation relating to them. I carry a OHO every single day with no issues here in London.

yes, I know, I didn't want to make the post longer than it was.
I meant, OHO blades with locking mechansim and over a certain blade length, without justified reason or demonstrable need for the job/workplace/activities you're doing, etc.

Apologies, if I offended anyone.
My toys:

Offline Kris Sherman

Reply #43 on: March 26, 2019, 11:24:10 PM
Very good knife! :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62