Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

For Sale: Five Vx SAKs. Nice specimens, lots of pictures.

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Just in time for the weekend, I'm having a SAK clear-out and want to move a few along to new homes.  I'm in the US, but will ship internationally as long as you assume the risk of loss and all responsibility for customs/duties.  For all items, payment to be by PayPal and shipping by USPS.  For domestic USA First Class Mail, I'd expect about $3.50.  For domestic USA Priority Mail, please plan on $6.70.  For international, we'll have to work something out. 

1. NIB Deluxe Tinker from late 1990s.  The scales have very minor shop wear on them; otherwise this knife is like new.  The factory oil is still present on the joints, and has gummed up a little.  If I were going to keep it, I'd wash out the old oil and re-lube with Vx SAK oil.  An interesting feature of this knife is the box.  If I recall correctly, Vx used the "Swiss Army Equipped" motto for only a short time in 1997-8 or thereabouts. So if you're a box person this would make a great addition to your collection. 

Looking for $25 plus shipping for this NIB/NOS Deluxe Tinker.

2. NIB Traveller from mid-1980's.  The Traveller was a pre-hook Climber minus the key ring.  The scales have very minor shop wear on them; otherwise this knife is like new.   The box is in decent shape and comes with the original pamphlet.  The inner tray/knife cradle has a minor crack at one end. 

Looking for $25 plus shipping for this NIB/NOS Traveller.

3. Angler.  As you'll recall, the Angler is a Fisherman with a corkscrew instead of a Phillips head screwdriver.  It is sometimes fondly referred to as a Drunken Fisherman, since it's a Fisherman plus a corkscrew.  Get it? 

This knife is in pretty decent shape, although it's definitely a user/carrier, not a trophy shelf queen.  It's clean and intact and undamaged, except for a minor bend to the corkscrew.  The snap on some of the implements is somewhat anemic.  Having said that, I'm a snap freak and it isn't bad enough on this knife to bother me.  But just so you know.  No box or pamphlet with this knife. 

Anglers are uncommon compared to their sober cousins, the Fishermen.  This one's a user/carrier and has some miles on it, so I'm thinking $20 plus shipping for this one. 

4. Old Cross Pioneer. One of my Top Five favorite VSAKs of all time, but I have too damn many so this one needs to go to a new home.  Don't be fooled by the patina on the scales; the implements are in fantastic shape and the knife blade appears to still have it's factory edge.  Powerful snap on all the tools.  Brass liners, key ring.  This Pioneer is ready to be your best friend. 

Looking for $75 plus shipping for this great Pioneer. 

5.  Soldier, 2006 year of issue. This knife appears to be new and unused.  Maybe you have a 12-year old at home who is ready for his/her first real pocket knife?  A BYSAK would be just the ticket, and Christmas is right around the corner after all. 

Looking for $65 plus shipping for this like-new 2006 Soldier. 

Thanks for looking at my post.  And now to the pictures:

1. NIB Deluxe Tinker from late 1990s:

2. NIB Traveller from mid-1980's:

3. Angler: 

4. Old Cross Pioneer:

5. Soldier, 2006 year of issue:

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Re: For Sale: Five Vx SAKs. Nice specimens, lots of pictures.
Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 08:29:09 PM
Deluxe Tinker is sold!  Thank you buyer and MTO for this great resource. 

And remember to contribute to the monthly operating fund if you use the sales corner!  :)

Kind regards to all,

Myron

:climber:

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 08:48:04 PM
I'm open to best reasonable offers and trade offers, too.  :)

Currently interested in Alox Cadets, Farmers, and Pioneers in colors I don't own, Voyageurs, Old Cross anything (alox), Soldiers of different years (looking for a '77 and a '75 right now).  Etc. 

Thanks!

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 02:27:54 PM
Updates: 

The Old Cross red Pioneer is sold.  Thank you buyer and MTO. 

The Traveller is sold pending funds, but the buyer has not yet responded to my replies, so it may still be available.  Please let me know if you are interested. 

The Angler has been re-homed to my fishing camp where it will have a long and happy retirement.  So it is no longer for sale, unless you really, really want it, in which case you have until this coming weekend to let me know.  :)

The 2006 Solider is still for sale and I am reducing the price to $55 shipped in the US.  If it doesn't sell at this price, I'll happily put it back in the drawer.

Thanks!

Myron

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 12:59:17 PM
Update:

Traveller and OC Pioneer are sold!  Thank you buyers and MTO.

The Angler is still available for a few more days, after which it is headed for retirement duty at my summer fish camp. 

2006 Soldier is still available.  Make me a trade or part-trade offer for something interesting and Alox.  I'm looking for good soldiers and standard issues for '77, 83, and '01.  :)

Thanks all.

Myron

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44