Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Work gloves

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Work gloves
Reply #30 on: December 29, 2018, 05:15:00 PM
Back when I worked in the tactical ninja/black ops wannabe world, Hatch was the best name in cut resistant gloves that looked like normal gloves.  I don't know if that is still the case but it's a starting point.... and pretty much the only info I have on the topic.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 12:35:25 AM
I went from no gloves working in IT to full on herbicide and pesticide commercial applicator/sales here in Texas. Dealing with some real nasty stuff these days. I have a backpack full of gloves depending on what I'm doing.
We can't use cotton as it holds the chemical next to the skin causing dermal contact. I have some synthetic rubber gloves for mixing chemicals, leather for spraying and dealing with a muddy , wet hose. 

What I can't understand is people who don't take care of their high dollar leather gloves. I clean my daily and put back in my backpack with my eyewear, hearing protection, yellow vest and hard hat. I see gloves left everywhere caked in chemical and dirt. Our company springs for nice deerskin gloves.  :rant:
:like:    :MTO:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #32 on: April 06, 2019, 06:51:38 PM
I am one of those that doesn't really take care of my gloves properly.... I wear them until they disintegrate off my hands and only wash them occasionally, but then most of the leather bits on mine are only simulated leather.

I feel like if I had nice deerskin gloves I wouldn't want to use them that hard, and that would defeat their purpose.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #33 on: April 06, 2019, 09:05:08 PM
i'm on the hunt for some good work gloves to get me thru the first part of summer.
Trying to find abrasion resistant, waterproof leather gloves. We use a blue dye that stains everything and when my gloves get wet i have smurfing smurf hands.  ::) :D

these worked pretty good for a couple of months before the hose and sand wore holes thru the fingers.
https://www.acehardware.com/departments/home-and-decor/apparel/gloves/7314404
:like:    :MTO:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: April 11, 2019, 07:24:14 PM
I am not sure I would bother with leather in a situation like that- maybe a kevlar or other composite weave glove with a latex dip on it would be better suited?

Just a thought.

Def

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #35 on: April 15, 2019, 05:05:46 PM
Here are mine, and i am not really happy with any of them  :facepalm:

The ones on the left are chemical resistant and i use them for staining or heavy painting  :D But after about 5 minutes your hands feel like you are taking a shower  :rant:

The second ones i use for garden work or wood working. They are cheapo gloves from the local hardware store. Nothing special.

The ones on the right are nitrile gloves that i use for leatherworking (staining) or dog related issues  :-\ They rip pretty fast  :facepalm:
20190414_081024~2small.jpg
* 20190414_081024~2small.jpg (Filesize: 137.95 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%