Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

boker tech tool scales

Kyro · 6 · 2075

Offline Kyro

• New User
boker tech tool scales
on: October 23, 2018, 06:15:52 PM
hey lords and ladies, new to the forum but not to multitools...
i have been having some trouble and wonder if you can help me out...
does anyone know if/where i can get some scales for the boker plus tech tool? preferably the scales from the "1"

i have just decided to upgrade? from my modified 2 layer sak hiker (saw and blades with awl) after years of faithful service

i ordered the tech tool 6 (3 layer with saw) and plan on making it 2 layer with saw, blade and awl.
but i want some scales to cover the gap left by the corkscrew il be removing...

its no Biggie if i cannot locate some as i can fill the gap with some resin/charcoal mix which will blend in ish... (ordered the city model) but if i can get some scales whether original from the 1 or aftermarket, i figure this is the best place to find out... if theres not a place to buy, maybe i can be pointed in the direction of a skilled craftsman that has the tools to fabricate what i need at a decent price.

i can buy a 1 for about £20, but I'd preferably like to spend a little less than that for standard scales... id be willing to part with more for extra fancy scales made from new and exciting things... anyway, enough rambling from me, and thanks in advance

Luke

Offline Kyro

• New User
Re: boker tech tool scales
Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 07:33:25 PM
ok so after some more research it appears that the scales from the 1 differ from every other model due to the middle screw position being different.
so i would need to go down the custom route.

i have modified my böker now... it is 2 layers and much more pocketable... i had to grind down the "pins" which turned out not to be just a threaded tube so a little from each side and a thread or 2 from each screw and she bolted back up in her new form no problem... i now have just the blade, saw and awl which is perfect for me and my bushcrafting... i noticed that the phosphor bronze washers were actually a few stacked on some tools as opposed to just 1 per gap... when i first got the böker, the blade wasnt centred but the saw was perfect, now unusually its the other way around... i didnt completely remove the pins so its not like i replaced one backwards... odd... the saw hung up a little on the liner between it and the blade but a tiny little pass with the grinder (to round off the end of the saw where it caught) and it now slides over the liner and falls into place when shut...
i also used the outside liner in place of the one between the layer i removed but had to file the pin into a "D" shape further down for it to fit well as the D stopped and turned back into a circle and the outside liner only fit within the D shape...

i decided to keep the pocket clip as even 1 layer less its still thicker than my hiker was by a decent bit... went with tip up carry as i find its out of the way more than tip down when the knife is in use... rides well in the pocket with the clip which i had originally decided to remove... i may be a clip convert now...

still looking for someone to make me some custom scales... thinner than the originals if possible and with the corkscrew gap removed (or rather not taken in the first place) thats from or willing to post to the uk...

thanks

Luke

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 08:49:26 PM
Welcome to the forum Kyro !  :cheers:

I'll move this to the mod section where it's more appropriate.   :tu:

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 11:03:05 AM
How bout some pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 05:48:59 PM
 :iagree:

I'm with Z  :pok:

Oh and welcome to the forum Kyro   :cheers:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 05:50:28 PM by Sparky415 »
Everything’s adjustable

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 03:52:42 PM
As to the scales w/o corkscrew gap - The Tech Tool is made for Böker by Sanrenmu and they do make their own line of knives. IIRC, they offer a single layer w/o corkscrew. They do habe a Tweezer slot in the scales, too.

There you go:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SANRENMU-Folding-Knife-Multi-EDC-Tool-Sandvik-12c27-Blade-G10-Handle-WA711-A1/292958443736?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160323102634%26meid%3D4d01956135984d54a0b16950b58ffc68%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D292253762876%26itm%3D292958443736&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

Be aware, there is a smaller form of those series, too. You can identify it by the only 2 pins.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 03:54:59 PM by lowtech »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD