Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

CUTE

au Offline Valkie

CUTE
on: October 25, 2018, 11:22:19 PM
I was going through my old rubbish box last night.
Found this one, I've had it for years, but only use it for opening boxes.

The knife dont hold an edge, pretty soft
The pliers are good though
The LED light is virtually useless and goes through batteries faster than a fat kid goes through chocolate biscuits.

The serrated edge is quite sharp, but I wouldn't consider using the bottle opener, it would have to be a very small bottle.

On the positive side, it is stainless.
Its been in a drawer full of rusty stuff for years and not a mark on it.

5/10 for effort.

CHEAP 1.jpg
* CHEAP 1.jpg (Filesize: 295.44 KB)
CHEAP 2.jpg
* CHEAP 2.jpg (Filesize: 239.17 KB)
CHEAP 3.jpg
* CHEAP 3.jpg (Filesize: 181.65 KB)
tools is what defines us as humans

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: CUTE
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 05:15:58 AM
I have seen a bunch of those with different branding. Your conclusion is accurate for sure. Thanks for sharing.  :)

I have the smaller version with Swiss-Tech branding. Not the worst tool I've ever had, but not good either. I have another, like yours, I tried to mod. The tools just don't withstand real usage. I would rate them about 1/40th as useful/quality as the LM Wingman.
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

au Offline Valkie

Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 05:32:40 AM
I have seen a bunch of those with different branding. Your conclusion is accurate for sure. Thanks for sharing.  :)

I have the smaller version with Swiss-Tech branding. Not the worst tool I've ever had, but not good either. I have another, like yours, I tried to mod. The tools just don't withstand real usage. I would rate them about 1/40th as useful/quality as the LM Wingman.

I think you are being generous.

I have a lot of good things to say about my Wingman, its a great tool.
tools is what defines us as humans

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 07:06:10 AM
 :rofl:
I guess it's a matter of "having something, no matter how bad, is better than having nothing at all."
The Wingman is quite underappreciated. IMO

Recently I've carried a Gerber Suspension NXT and realized it was similar in price and function to the Wingman(aside from Gerber has awl and Wingman has package opener). I compared them side-by-side and the Wingman was superior in many ways. Even the "flattened phillips" is almost as well formed as the "full formed phillips" on the NXT. I have the Wingman, Sidekick and Rev. The Wingman is my favorite of the three. But, the Sidekick saw is quite good as well. I like the Rev pliers the best, because they aren't spring loaded (call me old fashioned, but I am accustomed to non-sprung plier) and have bypass cutters instead of anvil cutters (which are o.k, but don't cut as clean as bypass cutters).

For the money, and truthfully, the "cheap" tools aren't usually worth buying. For the cost of a few "junk" tools, a LM Wingman/SideKick/Rev could be had. :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 03:23:41 PM
I have one of these tools   :facepalm:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 03:29:41 PM
I recently purchase a lot of 15 MTs just to get a specific one, and in the pile of 14 junk tools were three of those.

I don't even think any of these are worth cleaning up  :dunno:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD