Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The (Unofficial) 30 Day Clutch/Mechanical Pencil Rotation Challenge

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
No thank you  :cheers: :like:
Not a problem  :cheers:
Can’t wait to see what you have for us tomorrow  :popcorn:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
:rofl:
You both have made my day! Thanks  :hatsoff:

:hatsoff: but as Ws said this challenge is making mine :tu: I have several lead holders but nothing like what I have seen from you :ahhh  :cheers: :like:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
:rofl:
You both have made my day! Thanks  :hatsoff:

:hatsoff: but as Ws said this challenge is making mine :tu: I have several lead holders but nothing like what I have seen from you :ahhh  :cheers: :like:
:cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Day 20
The Huntsman and the Caran d’Ache Ecridor Chevron artist set. This is a 2mm clutch pencil that CdA put out for the artist. The tube of colored graphite’s is also watercolors when a wet brush is applied. Like the CdA Museum 44 from yesterday, it’s the same thing, just about 1/2 the size in graphite diameter. The difference in the bodies is where you need to decide which one you are taking. Because of the metal body of the Chevron, it is better used indoors. It gets a tad slippery outside in the heat. The Museum 44 has a better suited finish on it and is better outdoors.
The artist set comes with a glass top, wooden case with the clutch pencil, tube of colored graphite’s and the eraser. And yes, I have two sets. This one was going to be a Christmas gift to my son, but he doesn’t like metal bodies. He loves wood. So I got him a different set of wooden pencils.
The thing about the Ecridor series is it’s the same body style, just a different design on the outside. Just like the SAK!  The Chevron has the arrows on it. The Ecridor design hasn’t changed in over 50 years or more.  :tu:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
I think that is my favourite one so far  :like: :tu:
Love the finish on the pencil body
And that wooden box is gorgeous  :dd:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
I think that is my favourite one so far  :like: :tu:
Love the finish on the pencil body
And that wooden box is gorgeous  :dd:
Oh boy, not sure I want to show you tomorrow CdA...I told you it would be something special for Thanksgiving... :whistle:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
 :popcorn: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
I have a carbide tipped scribe (that I use to score marks in concrete footers) that looks surprisingly similar to that CdA :o Very nice :like: :like:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
I have a carbide tipped scribe (that I use to score marks in concrete footers) that looks surprisingly similar to that CdA :o Very nice :like: :like:
Oh cool. Do you cut concrete???

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

No, it is for laying out wall lines to lay either block, brick, rock or cut stone on :cheers: Sometimes chalk lines will get washed away or worn off before we have time to get to a wall but if you lay a straight edge down and score the mark then it isn't going anywhere :tu: I use the pencils for marking our corner poles with brick spacing marks and for several other tasks in my job and the 2mm lead holds up very well for this :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club

No, it is for laying out wall lines to lay either block, brick, rock or cut stone on :cheers: Sometimes chalk lines will get washed away or worn off before we have time to get to a wall but if you lay a straight edge down and score the mark then it isn't going anywhere :tu: I use the pencils for marking our corner poles with brick spacing marks and for several other tasks in my job and the 2mm lead holds up very well for this :tu:
Oh ok, I see now.
Yes it does, when I would get my readings for the RTU’s, (roof top units), I would write them down on the units and 3 months later when I would recheck the units, I could compare the reading and see what the differences were and know if something is up...graphite will last up to a year on the units thru rain, heat, whatever Mother Nature wants to throw at it.  :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
I didn't know graphite would hold up that long :o :like:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
I didn't know graphite would hold up that long :o :like:
It holds up very well, if another tech does the maintenance, they also see the reading and I have gotten calls on that subject! Now ink from pens, will not last at all against Mother Nature.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Day 21
The Huntsman and the Caran d’Ache 80th Anniversary set. Today is Thanksgiving Day, it is also my favorite day of the year. I thought it would be nice to share with you my favorite 2mm clutch pencil...which came in set with a matching pen. This is .925 stealing silver so it has some weight which I also like. The bonus was it came in 2mm. Unique design was another. CdA knows how to take a flagship item and make it interesting again. Just like SAK.  :tu:
Comes in a special outer box which holds, a believe, a walnut box??? Which you see here. They didn’t hold back on this set. Workmanship is excellent on everything, as you would expect from CdA. They are also serial numbered and only 800 of the 80th Anniversary sets were made.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Very nice  :dd:
I like that there is a matching pencil and pen in the set
I would definitely only use that set
at home especially being real silver  :tu:
Excellent collection Rapidray  :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Very nice  :dd:
I like that there is a matching pencil and pen in the set
I would definitely only use that set
at home especially being real silver  :tu:
Excellent collection Rapidray  :cheers:
Thanks...home, special family events, ie weddings and such. If its a suit and tie event its there. :hatsoff:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Two more on the outer cardboard box and flyer that came with it...

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Very nice  :like: :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Day 22
The Huntsman and the Caran d’Ache Type 55 mechanical pencil. This is a 0.7mm graphite pencil. It is an Ecridor series with a different design on the body. These type of body design changes is what keeps the Ecridor series fresh. Another exciting thing is if the pencils are not your thing, they make the bodies available in pen, rollerball, and fountain pen. They went the extra mile on the Type 55 and made a 4th model...a 2mm clutch pencil. Even though this is a newer model, I have not been able to find, see, or even hear of one for sale. The Type 55 2mm has become my Holy Grail clutch pencil. Photos of it are ok, but I sure would like to have one!
The design of the Type 55 is from the Mustang gills on the car. They even had a die cast model of the Mustang as part of there store advertising for the line. The car is a must have to complete the “cool” factor. It is a nice looking die cast model, which isn’t surprising if CdA has a any part of it.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Very nice looking pencil  :dd: :like:
I take it you are looking for the model car :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Very nice looking pencil  :dd: :like:
I take it you are looking for the model car :tu:
No...I already have it.  :rofl:
It is in storage with some of my other SAK.  :tu:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
 :ahhh you have to show us a pic  :ahhh

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
I so knew that one was coming!  :rofl:
I do have to hit the storage shed next week...I will dig it out and get you a photo...I wonder...if I have an older photo on the old IPad. Catch you later...

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
I so knew that one was coming!  :rofl:
I do have to hit the storage shed next week...I will dig it out and get you a photo...I wonder...if I have an older photo on the old IPad. Catch you later...
:popcorn:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Another great looking pencil :like: 0.7 is a good size as well :cheers: Not to thin that they break (on me) ::) but thin enough to write well with without having to worry about sharpening like the 2mm size pencils :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Another great looking pencil :like: 0.7 is a good size as well :cheers: Not to thin that they break (on me) ::) but thin enough to write well with without having to worry about sharpening like the 2mm size pencils :tu:
That is true! I used to be really comfortable with the 0.5mm but in the last 4 years or so, I have started to break the graphite a little to often. I now use the 0.7mm and have had no problems at all. No breaks, just a lot of fun. What I have found, for me, is ...
0.5mm - 1.1mm is great for writing
2mm - 4mm is borderline writing and art work
5.6mm and up is great for art work
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 07:13:33 PM by Rapidray »

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
 :iagree:  :cheers: :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!