Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The (Unofficial) 30 Day Clutch/Mechanical Pencil Rotation Challenge

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
I don't do artwork but I am thinking of getting one of the koh-i-noor 5.6mm pencils with the rainbow lead for my little girl because she loves things like that :cheers: and I may even get myself one :whistle:

:nanadance:         :nanadance:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
I don't do artwork but I am thinking of getting one of the koh-i-noor 5.6mm pencils with the rainbow lead for my little girl because she loves things like that :cheers: and I may even get myself one :whistle:

:nanadance:         :nanadance:
You can’t go wrong there! Koh-I-Noor makes a lot of great stuff. Matter of fact, I will be doing the last week on Koh-I-Noor.  :popcorn:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Day 23
The Huntsman and the Caran d’Ache Retro mechanical pencil. This is a 0.7mm graphite pencil. The design on this one is unique as the look depends on how the light is hitting it. It can look like regular checkering or triangles running down the body. It is one of those things hard to capture on a photo but way easier to see in person. The top of the cap is in red and only the second red top cap that I have. Another thing that is different is they put the information on the clip and not the cap where is usually is. It is another of their Ecridor models.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 03:27:58 PM by Rapidray »

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
They are all so nice  :dd:

I like the pattern on the pencil 
And the information on
the clip doesn’t look wrong  :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
They are all so nice  :dd:

I like the pattern on the pencil 
And the information on
the clip doesn’t look wrong  :like: :tu:
Thanks! Tomorrow will start some Koh-I-Noor stuff!  :tu:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Cool look forward to seeing Koh-I-Noor stuff  :popcorn:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Cool look forward to seeing Koh-I-Noor stuff  :popcorn:
A lot of their stuff is priced very good! Affordable! For first time buyers, highly recommend them. :tu:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
That’s good to know  :tu:
But I would really like to get a nice pen
All I have is a stainless Steel Parker pen with a dent :facepalm:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
That’s good to know  :tu:
But I would really like to get a nice pen
All I have is a stainless Steel Parker pen with a dent :facepalm:
I understand that. Pens are ok and I like them, but a rollerball pen will end up quicker in my collection. Used to love fountain pens but clutch and mechanical pencils are always first with me. I might have 5 fountain pens and only one is a CdA. The other two are Lamy and two Pilot.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
I use rollerball pens a lot
but I would like to get a clutch or mechanical pencil
as that would be handy to use for technical drawings :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
I use rollerball pens a lot
but I would like to get a clutch or mechanical pencil
as that would be handy to use for technical drawings :cheers:
Mechanical drafting is where I fell in love with clutch pencils. You could take all the other stuff away - even mechanical pencils, but the line gets drawn at my clutch pencils.
I would have to do a John Wick with one of my Blackwing pencils.  :whistle:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
 :rofl: :rofl: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Love the texture of that last one :dd: great stuff :like:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Love the texture of that last one :dd: great stuff :like:
It is nice for sure. The red top cap and writing on the clip was different enough to make it interesting and enough to buy it.  :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Day 24
The Huntsman and the Koh-I-Noor model 48. This is my first 5.6mm graphite clutch pencil. It is a plastic orange color triangle shaped pencil. Because of its shape it is nice in the hand and the tapered body has the weight in the front. Because of the shape, when you lay this one down, it will not roll anywhere, which is the main reason I used it to write my readings on the top of the units when I did my maintenances. When I retired, a co-worker had asked about the pencil, so I gifted it to him. It makes for a great first time purchase or gift for the artist. I have had this one for over 25 years. I picked up 2 of them at the same time because they were on sale from a store going out of business. It is still made today.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Nice one Rapidray  :like: :tu:
I like the shape of the pencil
Can’t believe how good it still looks after 25 years :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Nice one Rapidray  :like: :tu:
I like the shape of the pencil
Can’t believe how good it still looks after 25 years :cheers:
This one gets some use at home, and I do try to take care of my stuff. The one I gifted to my friend had some visual light usage. But still nice, as they do hold up very good!  :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
25 years :o :ahhh Te longest I have had a lead holder is about 14 years I think and I used it a lot when I first got it but use diminished greatly as I got a few different ones :salute: That 5.6 is great looking though :dd: and I may or may not have one in that size on the way to me right now :whistle: :facepalm: :D

The one I mentioned above is a Staedtler but the writing has worn off now but I remember it was the only brand I could find at the time anywhere in store :salute: now with internet shopping the sky is the limit :ahhh

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Day 25
The Huntsman and the Koch-I-Noor Versatil-soft 5353 5.6mm graphite clutch pencil. Now this one is short. A little to short for my taste. It makes up in that it is easy to carry in the pocket. The body is a soft, rubber like material in a matt black finish. You can also get this in a kit with 5 colored graphite’s. It also has a built in sharpener in the cap that unscrews. A lot of them have that feature. Something I have forgotten to mention before, sorry!  :whistle:
A lot of the features make up for it being on the short side, making it still useful and more so outside! Especially during the summertime, really nice!

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
25 years :o :ahhh Te longest I have had a lead holder is about 14 years I think and I used it a lot when I first got it but use diminished greatly as I got a few different ones :salute: That 5.6 is great looking though :dd: and I may or may not have one in that size on the way to me right now :whistle: :facepalm: :D

The one I mentioned above is a Staedtler but the writing has worn off now but I remember it was the only brand I could find at the time anywhere in store :salute: now with internet shopping the sky is the limit :ahhh
Yes Staedtler is one you can find at Office Max and Staples with no problem. They are very nice 2mm pencils. This style is what I used in high school for basic mechanical drafting.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
I like that short pencil a lot  :like:
That would be well handy in my workshop  :tu:
I like that the sharpener is in the cap
But the other pencils have the same I just found out  :rofl:
Very handy little pencil I like this one  :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Love the stubby pencil and it would be easier to pocket for sure :tu: :like:

It is always handy to have a sharpener built in but I always carry a separate one with an eraser :cheers: They sharpener faster and keep the shavings in there so no mess and when I make a mistake I can erase it :D :like:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Love the stubby pencil and it would be easier to pocket for sure :tu: :like:

It is always handy to have a sharpener built in but I always carry a separate one with an eraser :cheers: They sharpener faster and keep the shavings in there so no mess and when I make a mistake I can erase it :D :like:
I am the same way as I would rather have a sharpener and not have to take the pencil cap off. Some caps pull off and some unscrew. Then you do have them with no built in sharpeners. Just way easier to having a separate one.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Day 26
The Huntsman and the Koh-I-Noor 5311. Since small and pocket is favored here is one for today and another for tomorrow. It is heavy clutch pencil in 5.6mm. The clip is what drew it to me. Totally different, interesting and very strong. The pencil will sit very low in your shirt pocket because of how high the clip sits. Yesterdays model 5353 is 109mm in length and is the shortest clutch pencil they make. This one comes in at 120mm, still short enough. It does have a built in sharpener in the cap. The long flutes in the body also make for an interesting look.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
That is probably my favourite so far  :like:
I like the pocket clip and the shape of the body
And again as it’s short it would
make a excellent pencil for me  :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
They do have there pro’s and con’s...like everything else. I like the rubber feel of the 5353, but it will roll. The 5311 will not roll. The clip is strong, so were it is, it’s not going anywhere.  :tu:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
They do have there pro’s and con’s...like everything else. I like the rubber feel of the 5353, but it will roll. The 5311 will not roll. The clip is strong, so were it is, it’s not going anywhere.  :tu:
So the 5311 would be the better bet :tu:

Have you got any pics of the sharpener in the cap :think: :popcorn:
I would love to see what it looks like  :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
So the 5311 would be the better bet :tu:

Have you got any pics of the sharpener in the cap :think: :popcorn:
I would love to see what it looks like  :cheers:
Best I can do...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62