Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The (Unofficial) 30 Day Clutch/Mechanical Pencil Rotation Challenge

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Never thought that there would
be so many different pencils :D
What I like about them the most is they never change...a wooden pencil you sharpen and it gets shorter. Then you have to add a pencil holder to bring it back to a longer length to use. With the mechanical and clutch pencils it will always stay the same untill you use up all the graphite. They will last you a life time and then get handled down to family.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
That is a good point  :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
That is a good point  :like: :tu:
You also can change the to different degrees of graphite. There is like 10 or so different hardness available for the artist and then different colors! But the coolest is the watercolor ones....do your drawing and then take your brush with water and it changes to watercolor.  :cheers:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
I used to have water colour wooden pencils as a kid  :rofl:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Day 11
The Huntsman and the L. & C. Hardtmuth Koh-I-Noor model 1504. This is a 2mm clutch pencil that is double ended. You can have different harness graphite and they are marked so that you know to some degree what you have. I like to keep the same at both ends and always have a sharp graphite ready. When you are on a roll and drafting something, you don’t want to have to stop and sharpen graphite. Due to space, you have shorter graphite and not the full length you would normally have. This is the only double ended type I have.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
That’s a cool design  :like: :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
I wouldn’t mind starting a collection of these double ended but they don’t come up for sale that often. And when they do...a little to rich for me.  :tu:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
They must be rare never seen one before  :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
I would have to agree with you there. Even when I visit antique stores, I don’t see them.  :cheers:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
One day you will get lucky  :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Thanks  :cheers: :hatsoff:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Day 12
The Huntsman and the Spoke Design model 4. This is a custom made mechanical pencil. The owner of the company is Brain Conti. He takes the Sharp 200/205 guts and puts them into his bodies that he turns himself. He can make them from aluminum, titanium, stainless steel, or brass. You can choose the color you want on some of the models, red, blue or black. He is currently doing model 5 which is on my list next. These can be had in the 0.5mm, 0.7mm or in the 0.9mm graphite. It comes in a plastic tube and the white styrofoam??package that has the stand, refills and extra erasers. This one is a tad light so next one will be on the heavier side. I wish he would make these in the 2mm but I’m not going to hold my breath. These are well made and with the proven longevity on the Sharp guts, these will last a life time.
There are other custom mechanical pencil makers out there making some good stuff, but Brain’s stuff is very affordable. With the options he offers for you, you may wind up buying 2 of the same model just in different materials.
The only negative I can give this is no clip...so it rolls sometimes when you lay it down. So you do need to be careful there.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 03:18:29 PM by Rapidray »

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
That’s a very nice pencil 
Is the blue colour anodised  :think:
I just love that blue colour  :dd: :like:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
That’s a very nice pencil 
Is the blue colour anodised  :think:
I just love that blue colour  :dd: :like:
I believe it is...you should see the red! Very nice.  :tu:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
I bet it is  :like: :tu:
Have you got the red one  :think:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
I bet it is  :like: :tu:
Have you got the red one  :think:
No, not yet...will in the near future. But here is some candy... :drool:
https://www.spokepen.com/products/spoke-pencil-model-4

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Thanks for that  :cheers: :like:
That red one is  :drool: :drool: :drool:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
And affordable compared to some of the others out there.
And its Two for Tuesday so you know where I am going!  :rofl:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Enjoy  :like: :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Day 13
The Huntsman and the E+M Workman Long Clutch pencil. This is another 5.6mm graphite pencil. Made in Germany since 1899, they were the largest nib pen holders manufacturer. The E+M is from the owners last names, Konrad Ehmann and Wolfram Mummler, who is the 4th generation of the family. Made of wood and metal, these are very affordable at under $15.00. And fat...this is like “your first pencil” fat. It is still a very nice artist clutch pencil. It is my favorite wooden 5.6mm that I have.
The last photo is a size comparison of the 2mm and the 5.6mm.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Day 13
The Huntsman and the E+M Workman Long Clutch pencil. This is another 5.6mm graphite pencil. Made in Germany since 1899, they were the largest nib pen holders manufacturer. The E+M is from the owners last names, Konrad Ehmann and Wolfram Mummler, who is the 4th generation of the family. Made of wood and metal, these are very affordable at under $15.00. And fat...this is like “your first pencil” fat. It is still a very nice artist clutch pencil. It is my favorite wooden 5.6mm that I have.
The last photo is a size comparison of the 2mm and the 5.6mm.

My.... that is a big one!
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
That’s what she said  :D

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Nice one Rapidray  :like: :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Day 14
The Huntsman and the Caran d’Ache No. 77. This is a 2mm graphite clutch pencil. The reason for buying this one, which was in 2mm and that would have been reason enough, is the 3 fish. CdA used the 3 fish as a way of saying this is the best of the best. You could buy it and know you were getting the best product they could make. They do not do it know because it is the best and they no longer have to show it. It does make a great piece of their history. So it is a bonus to get one of these.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Day 15
The Huntsman and the Uni Kuru Toga. This is in the 0.5mm graphite and very unique. Unique in that under the hood, ie the body, is an engine! A rotary engine. How it works is in the photo. It is a new design that some of the manufacturing companies are doing to make them better. This rotary mechanizing engine is Uni’s. Another company is doing a design to where the inside will bend a little so you don’t break the graphite. Always building a better mouse trap.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
That’s a cool idea  :like: :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Day 16
The Huntsman and the Pilot G-2 graphite mechanical pencil in 0.7mm. These are very affordable pencils. So affordable if you lose it you will not be beating your self up over it. It is also one where other people may like it more than you do. When I see that look, I ask them and if they say yes, I just give it to them. Did I mention they were affordable? They come in a pack of two for around 4 dollars or so depending where you get them. I like the transparency of them. Something about the smokey gray look is nice. The cushion where you grip makes for positive hold when you are outside and it’s humid.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Are they affordable  :think: :rofl:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Are they affordable  :think: :rofl:
Oh yeah! Very... :rofl:
Thank you!  :cheers:

Donations