Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The (Unofficial) 30 Day Clutch/Mechanical Pencil Rotation Challenge

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas

Are they affordable  :think: :rofl:
Nice one Rapidray  :like: :tu:
Oh yeah! Very... :rofl:
Thank you!  :cheers:
:cheers: :drink:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Day 17
The Huntsman and the Cross. Another old company that makes some great writing instruments. This one is a 0.9mm graphite. It has been retired for years. It is an office type writer as outside in the open it is just to slippery. Maybe a different finish would have gotten more use out of it. It just doesn’t yell at me like my other ones do.

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Great thread :like: I have several clutch pencils myself :cheers: Not as many as you do I am sure :ahhh but I do love the 2mm ones very much and have looked seriously at getting a 5.6mm one :tu: I have the Kura Toga and if not for being 0.5 mm I would have carried it more :salute: I usually carry a 0.7mm Pentel with twist out eraser and a Helix clicky 2mm  :cheers: Staedtler was my go to brand for a long time until I started using the Helix ones ::) :D Very good challenge and I should have been following this one better :whistle: :facepalm:

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Also, I love that old Cross pencil :like: I think I had the pen/pencil set when I was a teenager and believe the pencil went AWOL many years ago :ahhh but I do still have the pen (well my wife took over ownership apparently ::) :D ) and love the brand but I do agree they are meant for inside use more than outside :tu:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Nice one Rapidray shame it is a bit slippery  :like: :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Great thread :like: I have several clutch pencils myself :cheers: Not as many as you do I am sure :ahhh but I do love the 2mm ones very much and have looked seriously at getting a 5.6mm one :tu: I have the Kura Toga and if not for being 0.5 mm I would have carried it more :salute: I usually carry a 0.7mm Pentel with twist out eraser and a Helix clicky 2mm  :cheers: Staedtler was my go to brand for a long time until I started using the Helix ones ::) :D Very good challenge and I should have been following this one better :whistle: :facepalm:
Not a problem...I would recommend the 5.6mm especially if you like to draw or into art. I have also noticed that kids still in school like these way better than the 2mm. I think it’s because of the size. I will be doing a 5.6mm tomorrow that is very unique!  :whistle:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Also, I love that old Cross pencil :like: I think I had the pen/pencil set when I was a teenager and believe the pencil went AWOL many years ago :ahhh but I do still have the pen (well my wife took over ownership apparently ::) :D ) and love the brand but I do agree they are meant for inside use more than outside :tu:
Thanks  :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Nice one Rapidray shame it is a bit slippery  :like: :tu:
Working outside on the roofs doing HVAC was fun, but does require a sure grip on every thing. Thanks!  :cheers:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 06:54:27 PM by Rapidray »

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Not a problem...I would recommend the 5.6mm especially if you like to draw or into art. I have also noticed that kids still in school like these way better than the 2mm. I think it’s because of the size. I will be doing a 5.6mm tomorrow that is very unique!  :whistle:

:o :like:

:popcorn:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Day 18
The Huntsman and the KOH-I-NOOR HARDTMUTH 5340. This is a 5.6mm graphite clutch pencil. This pencil body has a special color selection on it of different colors. It’s a good thing photos are worth a thousand words because I would be using them all. It also makes this clutch pencil stand out so when you see it you know what graphite you are going to be inside it. With this color graphite the more you move it the more colors it will lay down. They have named this graphite “Magic”, probably because in the beginning you never know what color you will get. It does make for some very interesting art work. At the end of the day, if you don’t like the “Magic” you can dump it out and put you favorite in and still have a cool looking art pencil.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
That’s cool like the colouring on
the pencil and the coloured graphite :like: :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
That’s cool like the colouring on
the pencil and the coloured graphite :like: :tu:
It is isn’t it...I liked it so much I went and bought a back up.  :rofl:
Tomorrow is another special one of mine... :woohoo:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Cool  :popcorn:

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Cool pencil and cool lead 8) Very neat way that you can write with that :o :like:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Day 19
The Huntsman and the Caran d’Ache Museum Fixpencil 44. This is a 3.8mm graphite pencil. This is one of my top 5 pencils and for art work the king, bar none. I love this one alot. I just couldn’t have one, or a second as a backup, I have 5 of them. This one does it all. It will take a excellent point and the size falls in between the 2mm and the 5.6mm. You can still put done a lot of shading or make a thin line.
If you are into watercolor...this is it hands down. Draw it and then you can paint it. The graphite will turn into watercolor when you put a wet brush to it. The less water the darker the color, and the more water the lighter the color. Now you only need three primary lead colors to get you the secondary colors and from them different shades of color. For this reason, CdA will give you the three primary colors and a graphite for a total of four with the pencil. With the Museum series, you get 18 different colors.
Another reason it is so high on my list is it’s length. It is 6 inches long in body. My CdA Mario Botta is right at 5 inches body length. That extra length means I can open my hand and move paper around and the pencil will not move. Anything smaller will fall, so I have to lay it down on the desk.
Well enough talk...

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
And a couple more...

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Excellent set of pencils  :cheers: :like:
Is it still easy to buy spare graphite for them :think: :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Yes you can buy them separate. I would go with the kit and then replace as you use them. The major colors I would get in 2 or 3 extra.  :tu:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Yes you can buy them separate. I would go with the kit and then replace as you use them. The major colors I would get in 2 or 3 extra.  :tu:
That’s good  :tu:
Nothing worse than when they stop making them :ahhh

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
That is another reason for backups! My dad always said when you find something good, buy an extra...you never know what will happen.
I think I am set on this model.  :tu:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Good choice  :cheers: :like:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Thanks  :cheers:

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

:iagree:

And another excellent pencil :dd: only problem.is you have me looking at so many different ones on Ebay now :facepalm:

:rofl:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas

And another excellent pencil :dd: only problem.is you have me looking at so many different ones on Ebay now :facepalm:

:rofl: you as well  :whistle: :rofl:

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

:rofl: you as well  :whistle: :rofl:

Yes :facepalm: I had the pencil habit kicked for a while but now I am back to looking :ahhh but there are so many nice ones :dd: :like:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
And I keep looking at pens  :facepalm:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
You both have made my day! Thanks  :hatsoff:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
No thank you  :cheers: :like:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club

Have any questions feel free to ask. More than happy to help. And good luck!  :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44