Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

skeletool pliers question

Offline tonyg

skeletool pliers question
on: November 05, 2018, 02:05:02 AM
I have a Skeletool I got off ebay and I noticed the p!iers, when closing them, hang up when they're about an 1\8" from being completely closed.  And when you open them, there's an audible " click" until they get to that point again.  It seems like it's related to the wire cutters.....like maybe they're misaligned or something.  Anyone ever experience this, and is there a fix?  Would it be covered under warrenty, or not?   thanks.......

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: skeletool pliers question
Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 02:58:54 AM
Are the cutters deformed at all ? If they are you could try to smooth them out with a file or sand paper.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 06:18:41 AM
I'd echo Steve, check the wire cutters very closely.  Prior owner could have damaged them. 
Esse Quam Videri

Offline tonyg

Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 11:31:09 PM
not sure what the issue is.  how hard is it to remove the pliers?  I have a freestyle I'm not using that the pliers work fine on.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 12:01:26 AM
Never done a plier head swap on a Skeley :think: I taken old school LM apart completely and put back together without any problems as well as a ST300 :tu: the only tool I have had a problem with getting the plier head back on is a Rebar :ahhh you have to line the holes up just right and apply pressure to get the pin back in :salute: The Skeley may be more straightforward though  :tu:

Let us know if you do this, how it goes  :cheers:

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 12:44:28 AM
Can you show us some pictures?  :pok:

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 06:48:53 PM
not sure what the issue is.  how hard is it to remove the pliers?  I have a freestyle I'm not using that the pliers work fine on.

Removing is pretty straightforward. Putting them back is a bit tricky due to the back spring.. From my experience, assembly in the opened position is easier as there's lesser tension in the spring.

Your cutter could be too closed together. These are mass manufactured. So unfortunately u could have one that's a bit off. Whatever LM said that they check every tool that leaves the factory, its obviously not happening.. Careful filing the inside of the teeth may help.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%