Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pics of my black oxide and silver MP600 with reshaped jaws and a titanium clip!

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
I combined two rather broken and beaten up MP600s to build this one, and then snagged a broken Diesel (jaws loose and worthless) for the scissors, saw, and large flat driver. (The original flat driver I moved to a needle-nosed "remgrit" MP600).  I reshaped the jaws with my 12" disc sander and then hand filed it to the final shape. The Diesel tools were filed by hand to fit the MP600 frame. The clip was an ebay Purchase. It's a titanium zero tolerance deep-carry clip. They're all over the 'bay. I tossed the screws it came with. I drilled slightly larger than 4-40, and then ran a 4-40 tap through it ever so gently. Used a drill press to drill and to start the tap. Because the handles are hardened, you'll need a carbide bit to drill, and a tap will likely break if you attempt to tap it at the proper diameter. The 4-40 screws I chucked in the drill press and hit with a file to reduce the diameter of the screw heads so they'd fit through the opening in the handle. Some blue locktite and I was done. Also the file has been sharpened into a scraper blade.

This is likely going to become my EDC now. I do have a needle-nosed Remgrit MP600 in which I removed the can opener and replaced it with a large flat driver. I fitted it with a different style clip, and that one has been my EDC for some time. I like this new style of clip MUCH better, however. It doesn't catch and get stuck in my pocket as much, and it looks a lot nicer. So I'll be upgrading that one too eventually, and then can pick my EDC based on whether I feel like needle or blunt nosed, or if I might need to use a metal-cutting saw blade. :)

Charles.
IMG_5028.jpg
* IMG_5028.jpg (Filesize: 249.66 KB)
IMG_5029.jpg
* IMG_5029.jpg (Filesize: 262.48 KB)
IMG_5030.jpg
* IMG_5030.jpg (Filesize: 205.08 KB)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 01:01:54 AM by ChopperCharles »

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
That's one nice looking MP600  :drool:.

Great modding job mate  :tu:.

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Excellent craftmanship, and a much more useful tool as an EDC! Congrats CC! :like: :woohoo:

us Online powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Did someone say awesome giveaway?

:like:

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
That is really smurfing cool  :tu:

Nice job, CC!

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
That is very nice, Charles! :like:

The tool selection is great and I like the jaw profile too.
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Thanks guys! I have an original multi-plier, and I love how the jaws fully retract. And these jaws were a little knackered, so I reshaped them and they now fit completely inside the handle. The best part is this thing was made out of mostly bits and pieces of other broken tools. eBay finds that cost me little money... and now it's been saved and turned into a pretty nice EDC :)

Charles.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Love that it is put together basically from parts :like: Such a nice tool now 8) Great toolset and great job CC :tu:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Bit of a 180 there eh mate.   :pok:   Good to see you got there in the end.   :tu:   :like:

us Offline Darrell85

Very nice mods! This is why i decided to join the site. I just picked up a mp600 base and plan on adding a kershaw pocket clip i have laying around. It is a must have for carrying it at work since i also carry a wallet, space pen, gerber eab, 3 impact nut drivers, and a sharpie in or on my front pockets daily as a bare minimum. Gotta stay organized and accessable.have already added scissors from a suspension

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Welcome to MT.o, Darrell!  :multi:

This is definitely the place to get good ideas for MP600 mods. :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%