Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Juice polycarbonate sheath?

au Offline Cyclone82

Juice polycarbonate sheath?
on: April 23, 2011, 01:22:07 PM
Does anyone have a Juice polycarbonate sheath and can show me a photo so i can see it? It sounds like its hard plastic ???
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 01:25:36 PM by Cyclone82 »

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Juice polycarbonate sheath?
Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 01:33:03 PM
Prime77 wrote a good review of it here a while ago if that helps:

http://www.multitool.org/Leatherman-Tool-Group/Accessories/2006/10/27/juice-poly-sheath.html

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 02:16:51 PM
Here, I took a few photographs just now for you.

To illustrate the sheath, I used the thinnest and thickest Juices to show you how they fit into the sheath.

Being a one piece molded affair, the belt hook is a bit bulky. With that said, the sheath is definitely compact, and you won't notice that belt hook on your belt. I had to bookend the sheath with the two juices in order to take a side shot.

The sheath works with all Juice models. With that said, it works better with thicker tools. The reason behind this is how the sheath holds your Juice. On each side, is a flat area that mates with the side flat area found on all Juices, that Leatherman name plate. Thinner Juices need to be slid in the right way, otherwise, you will miss that mating, meaning you run the risk of having your Juice fall out and losing it. It is al tactile though because the juice will snap into position when done right. Thicker Juice models do not have this orientation issue, as either side will snap in.

Here, you see the Leatherman S2 in the sheath. Note the empty space between the tool and the sheath. This is what causes that orientation issue with thinner Juices. It is only a minor niggle and they had to make it thick enough for it to be universal to the Juice series. Just be aware that your thinner Juices will only lock one way for the most part and you are good to go.

With the thickest Juice XE6, there is no more gaps, and the tool fits well either way.

The polycarbonate Juice sheath is definitely a neat way to carry your Juice. It not only is compact and convenient to use, it offers partial protection for daily wear.  Over time, your front scales may look a little worse  for wear...but if that doesn't matter to you, I would get it for its convenience factor. Easy on and off wins the day.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

au Offline Cyclone82

Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 02:29:58 PM
Wow, nothing like i expected. Would they hold a KF4 OK?
cheers guys

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 04:16:55 PM
Excellent write up and photos Chako! :salute:  Grant, you might want to consider adding this to the one on the main site  :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 11:16:01 AM
  Been thinking about these. There are a few floating around the internet for $20 ... yet I wonder if getting something more rugged and now show off to the (easily offended) world that I am carrying a multitool. Still... the KF4 could do some showing off.  :D
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 05:17:15 PM
Sealed in package for only $6 free shipping :tu:...Not mine nor do I have absolutely no affiliation with the seller, I was just browsing eBay classifieds and thought this looked like a pretty good deal.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/113323500654
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 12:59:33 PM
Sealed in package for only $6 free shipping :tu:...Not mine nor do I have absolutely no affiliation with the seller, I was just browsing eBay classifieds and thought this looked like a pretty good deal.

Rats. Did not see your post in time. All 6 are gone.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 06:48:19 PM

They still for sale at Mitchels, Australia for a ridiculous amount of money once shipping is included ::)
https://www.mitchellsadventure.com/product/sheath---juice-polycarbonate/yls505.aspx
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 07:50:20 PM
I just made a "sheath" from hard ABC today
to access my Juice-lookalike in a quick way  :dunno:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 10:48:35 PM

They seem to come up quite often on E-Bay

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 02:06:34 AM
Good to have one as collector's item because they are discontinue, plus the Juice looks good in it, specially if you have the XE6, but I won't use it as a EDC because I don't want to advertise I'm carrying a purple or green or orange multi-tool :D and beside that, it looks to fragile and only gives partial protection to the tool, so you have to be careful not to rub it up against the wall :cry:  But any how, there's one selling in one of those guns/knife forums last time I checked, if I see it again I will post the website.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%