Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Rare? Victorinox Nomad in olive Green.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Rare? Victorinox Nomad in olive Green.
Reply #30 on: November 25, 2018, 09:28:01 PM
Waiting for some photos of your new beauty.  :climber:

Hi Antonis,

And here it is!  With its 111 mm brothers:

(Image removed from quote.)

The difference in blade shape between the black non-DE-GM blade and the green DE-GM blade is really noticeable in person.

And of course no DE-GM number on my black Nomad.  I wonder why not? 

One more just for fun:

Congrats Myron!    :woohoo:
  And the pics are great! I can see what you say about the different blade shape, because yesterday i bought a Trekker  :D
  No patent number on the blade. Another thing i noticed, is that there is no "press" written on the linerlock on the Nomad and   
 the whole linerlock doesnt sticks out as much as on the Trekker.
  I wish you good times with your new, beautifull Nomad.  :salute:

I think most made 2007 and before had that old linerlock.  During the development of the Soldier M2008 they determined changes were needed, and enlarged and beefed up the lock. My Fireman, which came in a box with 2007-dated owner's guide has the old, low profile lock. Not as easy to release the lock with gloves on, but it is more comfortable for extended use. And might I add, I bought the knife new out of the Victorinox case from a local cutlery store in 2016--for less money than a Trekker!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 09:30:09 PM by cody6268 »

gr Offline Antonis Zita

Reply #31 on: November 25, 2018, 10:35:07 PM

I think most made 2007 and before had that old linerlock.  During the development of the Soldier M2008 they determined changes were needed, and enlarged and beefed up the lock. My Fireman, which came in a box with 2007-dated owner's guide has the old, low profile lock. Not as easy to release the lock with gloves on, but it is more comfortable for extended use. And might I add, I bought the knife new out of the Victorinox case from a local cutlery store in 2016--for less money than a Trekker!
[/quote]

Hi Cody and thank you for the information.  Is your fireman red? I have a red one. With lower lockliner profile. I agree that it is more comfortable than the new linerlock.

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #32 on: November 26, 2018, 01:21:40 PM

Μένω Θεσσαλονίκη. Χάρηκα για τη γνωριμία.

Κι' εγώ χαίρομαι :cheers: Μένω Αθήνα όμως έχω οικογένεια στην Σαλονίκη.

I have a Fireman with VSMS on one side of the tang and the patent # in question on the other. Any others have this variant?

I agree that the old linerlock is more comfortable for prolonged use. The newer one is easier to activate, though.

The most important difference I notice between the two blades can be found at the tip. Not easy to realise from the pictures but its whole shape makes the newer blade seem much larger!
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD