Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAK Fingernail Clippers

us Offline GrandpaPatch

SAK Fingernail Clippers
on: November 08, 2018, 11:37:44 PM
Does anyone use the SAK fingernail clippers? If yes, can you post a few photos and provide your opinion of them. I have carried fingernail clippers for as long as I can remember. While I have a pair attached to my keyring, I also have a pair in my EDC pouch, on a table next to my chair in the living room, on top of my dresser in the bedroom and on a shelf along the backside of the bathroom sink. I get very upset if anyone uses or moves them.

There was a plastic bucket of them at the check out register and I grabbed a whole handful. When I got home, I walked around the house and handed a pair to everyone and said "Here, you now have your own pair of fingernail clippers, so leave mine alone!"
The SAK Whittling Club |
Is it better to carry a 'paddle' or to be "up a creek" without one?

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: SAK Fingernail Clippers
Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 01:28:07 AM
I use and carry American made Bassets. We have loads of the things granddad got as gifts from customers and suppliers when working with a mining company. The pair I'm using now, advertising SKF bearings, is dated 1994 (four years before Granddad retired), actually my newest, since most are from the seventies.

They actually just went out of business in 2012, another victim of a buyout and move to overseas production which resulted in poorer quality products and a huge loss of jobs, just like what happened with Petersen when Irwin bought them out. Or Apex and Crescent (and about a half-dozen other tool companies).

https://valley.newhavenindependent.org/archives/entry/Hundreds_To_Lose_Jobs_When_W.E._Bassett_Closes
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 01:33:28 AM by cody6268 »

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 01:53:40 AM
 :iagree: it is sad.

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 04:27:21 AM
Ok, we've already gotten a little side tracked.  Not exactly a SAK trimmer, but it is nail care related, and an old Bassett: the Trim-Trio
TrimTrio - 1.jpg
* TrimTrio - 1.jpg (Filesize: 208.81 KB)
- Steve

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 09:07:23 AM
Does anyone use the SAK fingernail clippers? If yes, can you post a few photos and provide your opinion of them.

Oh yeah.... :D

Love them, cut like butter, very sharp, great file.

Carry them in my work backpack  :like:
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

us Offline GrandpaPatch

Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 09:58:16 AM
 :like: Thanks
The SAK Whittling Club |
Is it better to carry a 'paddle' or to be "up a creek" without one?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%