Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you give away?

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: What did you give away?
Reply #30 on: November 18, 2018, 12:54:03 PM
A couple of months ago I purchased half a dozen used Spartans from the MTO store. When they arrived I stripped off the scales, cleaned, polished and oiled them .
Since then any good deed done for me has been met with a question from me. “What’s your favourite colour”. I then pop the appropriate colour scales onto a Spartan and gift it to them.

hey, I did that too!  :D :cheers:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: November 18, 2018, 06:21:28 PM
Quite some stuff over the years.

Recently I gave my nearly unused Juice XE6 to our daughter.
The needs scissors, blade and small pliers frequently and likes the purple scales  :dunno:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 06:23:11 PM by MTMatt »

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: November 19, 2018, 12:27:08 AM
I've been the recipient of generously gifted tools and have given many away. I like to pass on act of kindness and generosity when possible. :)

Tools I have given away:
2x Chinese Schrade ToughTools.
1x U.S.A Schrade Toughtool.
1x Gerber Clutch.
1x Gerber Crucial.
1x Gerber MP400.
1x Leatherman Wingman.
1x Sheffield MT (one with locking blades).
1x Ganzo F-301.

Some to in-person friends, some to MT.o friends and a couple to a now ex-girlfriend.

those two,
me too!

and a MP600, several SRM, three Cold Steel, three or more Opinels, a LM Kick, at least a dozen SAKs to several different people, many NITECORE TUBE lights to all family and friends...if I have had it for a while, and don't use it, I try to give it away to someone who will use it instead of selling it or letting it collect dust  :tu:
Don't forget the BlackTip. :pok: :)

Thanks again, TP.

Don't forget the mighty "CHAINED REBAR"

Thanks G-Man   :hatsoff:
You really showed some "Rebar Love" with that one. :whistle:
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: November 19, 2018, 12:34:04 AM
I've given away probably 6 Swisstools and 3 Spirits over the 20 plus years I've carried a Swisstool.  I have plans to give out about 12 Classics hidden around the company Christmas Party coming up in a couple of weeks.  The one lucky person who finds the only Yellow Classic will get a Spirit XBS.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: November 19, 2018, 12:34:27 AM
Mostly Spartans.. Good entry SAK and the people who usually ask to borrow my SAK gets one of their own..

And for the people already own SAK's it has been a harvester for my father and an explorer for a very good friend of mine.

My gf has gotten a couple as well and two compacts.. Was supposed to be Spartans but the universe wanted something else. And as I know, awl but one spartan is in use

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 12:37:35 AM by kottskrapa »

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: November 19, 2018, 12:36:00 AM
I've given away probably 6 Swisstools and 3 Spirits over the 20 plus years I've carried a Swisstool.  I have plans to give out about 12 Classics hidden around the company Christmas Party coming up in a couple of weeks.  The one lucky person who finds the only Yellow Classic will get a Spirit XBS.
That is fantastic!

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: November 19, 2018, 01:02:44 AM
Mostly Spartans.. Good entry SAK and the people who usually ask to borrow my SAK gets one of their own..

And for the people already own SAK's it has been a harvester for my father and an explorer for a very good friend of mine.

My gf has gotten a couple as well and two compacts.. Was supposed to be Spartans but the universe wanted something else. And as I know, awl but one spartan is in use

Job well done Kotts...
The EDC use, and love their recipiants have of those two compacts inspired me to get one all my own,  It makes a great EDC companion to the Swisstool or Spirt I cary daily
Dr.  McCoy

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: November 19, 2018, 01:11:47 AM
That's awlsome, my goal is to make sure people have something that's making their life easier and if it inspires someone else that it a great bonus!

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #38 on: November 19, 2018, 02:08:21 AM
Don't forget the mighty "CHAINED REBAR"
(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks G-Man   :hatsoff:
You really showed some "Rebar Love" with that one. :whistle:
Yes sir! That one was fun for sure. The chain was the gift and the Rebar was just attached to it. :D
I really had a brain fart when I made my list.  :facepalm:

Thank you, Douglas! :cheers:

You're a very generous man, Douglas! The '98 SwissTool you gifted me is still a jewel in the collection. Thank you. :)
One of these days I'll get back to an MT Titan overview comparison. :ahhh

The future Yellow Classic owner is going to be in for an immense(and pleasant) surprise. :climber:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline gregpost

Reply #39 on: January 26, 2019, 01:12:31 AM
I gave my cousin a ST300 and Micra combo pack after he gifted me a Victorinox Fireman 111mm that I like. Another cousin "borrowed" my 2nd Gen Leatherman Wave and I don't expect to ever get it back.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%