Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[All gone] Steal of a deal on New in box BO Charge plus

SteveC · 169 · 6043

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
[All gone] Steal of a deal on New in box BO Charge plus
on: November 16, 2018, 09:38:10 PM
I just received mine today.   :woohoo:

He has them for a BIN price of $80 but is accepting $70 for a Best offer

More than ten available

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leatherman-Charge-Plus-Multi-Tool-BLACK/202491175879

EDIT: 24/11 - All gone now
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 12:35:54 AM by Huntsman »

us Offline gregpost

Re: Steal of a deal on New in box BO Charge plus
Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 11:19:19 PM
Wow that's a great deal!

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 11:45:01 PM
Bought one! Thanks, Steve! Now it makes me feel bad for paying $75 for the SS version  :-[

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 12:12:42 AM
That's a pretty great deal, Steve.  And since I am trying to be more like you, I may have to get one.

Edit:  I got one at $70 also.

I received a BO Wave + from Amazon this week at $79.  Not super awesome, but better than the $99 they are going for everywhere else. My stainless Wave + needed a buddy.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:20:34 AM by powernoodle »
:doggy: :doggy: :doggy:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 12:23:17 AM
I got on board with this deal as well :ahhh Thanks so much for the heads up Steve :tu: :like: :like:

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 05:31:45 AM

(Image removed from quote.)

More than ten available

Hey SteveC, 

Not trying to hijack the this thread but after you get a chance to play around with it, can you comment if you have any issue like @floppy has mentioned in his "Charge Plus issue's" thread?  I see these have the actual "+" on the scale.  I have seen some that do not have that!

Thx.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 05:42:05 AM
Me too! A BO charge had always been one of my favourite tool. It's even sweeter now. Thanks Stevie!

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 06:35:40 AM
I am also wondering how come it doesn't turn up in the regular search on the US site..  :think: :think:

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 07:18:03 AM
Would someone be willing to buy one for me and ship it to the UK?  I'll cover all costs, obviously.  I was considering buying a BO Wave plus from a UK source but even with shipping this would be about £40 cheaper. :o

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 07:38:06 AM
Would someone be willing to buy one for me and ship it to the UK?  I'll cover all costs, obviously.  I was considering buying a BO Wave plus from a UK source but even with shipping this would be about £40 cheaper. :o

I feel u.  :( unfortunately I am also not in the US. Where they get most of the good stuffs. As u already know, there are countless good people here. I am pretty sure someone will offer their help soon.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 08:02:36 AM
Prices on a regular Wave plus are insane here.
The TTI+ is pure madness!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 08:03:50 AM
Just looked it up.
The TTI+ would set someone back for $285 here. :O

cs Offline marko14

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: November 17, 2018, 08:20:35 AM
When Leathermans were sold in Serbia price fore Surge in store was about 280-300€,now i don't  know if anyone is selling.Yesterday i went in hunnting store and price for SOG PowerAssist is 17.
500 RSD and that is 150€  or 170$.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018, 05:48:49 PM
I am also wondering how come it doesn't turn up in the regular search on the US site..  :think: :think:
Likely because the seller listed in wrong category

Collectibles>Knives, Swords & Blades>Collectible Folding Knives>Modern Folding Knives>Factory Manufactured

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #14 on: November 17, 2018, 07:05:52 PM
Looks like he only has 8 more to go. This guy is going to be busy wrapping and shipping a bunch of packages, hopefully there won't be any issues receiving them :whistle:  By the way, the DEWALT DCD980M2 drill will be a good deal if he accept $150 for it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:43:49 PM by JustinCase »
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #15 on: November 17, 2018, 07:10:07 PM

Sure. PM inbound :tu:
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #16 on: November 17, 2018, 08:16:22 PM
Prices on a regular Wave plus are insane here.
The TTI+ is pure madness!

A pain I know too well ...

I own 3 Waves +, two stainless versions (one "early one" without the "+" on the handles for the collection, and one "regular +" for EDC), both set me back 149,95€.

I did a have 10€ discount card from the store for one of them  :woohoo:

:facepalm:

And a BO Wave +, which set me back 154,95€ ...  ::)

But I must say, I really like the Wave +, and all 3 I own came with perfect fit and finish, no quality issues whatsoever  :tu:.

This makes the Wave my "most owned" tool now, having 8 of them ( from the original Wave to the Wave + models), followed by the Spirit, from which I own 6.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 08:18:09 PM

Good on you gsmob !   :salute:

I happy so many of  are getting this deal    :tu:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:19:26 PM by SteveC »

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #18 on: November 17, 2018, 08:28:34 PM

Any idea how much the total amount on one of these would be, I mean, with the shipping cost from ebay seller to U.S. MTO member and from him to Belgium?   Approximately ...

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #19 on: November 17, 2018, 08:34:19 PM

Any idea how much the total amount on one of these would be, I mean, with the shipping cost from ebay seller to U.S. MTO member and from him to Belgium?   Approximately ...

Well, the listing says free shipping, so its $70 to get to me. Hiraethus indicated that a small flat rate usps box shipped and insured is ~$35. I don't know that for sure, as I haven't shipped a package internationally in awhile. But I'd say ~$105-120 all in is probably a reasonable assumption. Maybe less of there is a non insured option.

If you're interested let me know. I'd be happy to help get one your way as well
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:37:01 PM by gustophersmob »
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #20 on: November 17, 2018, 09:23:35 PM

Well, the listing says free shipping, so its $70 to get to me. Hiraethus indicated that a small flat rate usps box shipped and insured is ~$35. I don't know that for sure, as I haven't shipped a package internationally in awhile. But I'd say ~$105-120 all in is probably a reasonable assumption. Maybe less of there is a non insured option.

Thank you very much for the kind offer mate  :salute:.

Misses TG24 will be home from work any minute now, I'm going to talk it over and send you a pm in the next hour or so  ;).

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #21 on: November 17, 2018, 09:28:15 PM

Misses TG24 will be home from work any minute now, I'm going to talk it over and send you a pm in the next hour or so  ;).

Sounds good, and more than happy to help :cheers:

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: November 17, 2018, 09:48:49 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

More than ten available

Steve, huge thanks for the heads-up, bought one this morning right away as I saw your post! Truly a great deal.

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: November 17, 2018, 09:53:17 PM

Sounds good, and more than happy to help :cheers:

35 bucks sounds right, last time my US connection sent me another Charge, shipping cost that much insured. I'm expecting a $105-110 total in this deal as well.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #24 on: November 17, 2018, 10:41:40 PM
Thanks to Gustophersmob I'll be the proud owner of one (ore more  :whistle:) of these beauties as well in a couple of weeks  :woohoo:.

Thank you very much my friend  :hatsoff:.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25 on: November 17, 2018, 10:53:04 PM
 :like: :tu:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #26 on: November 17, 2018, 11:53:09 PM
That is a great great great deal. Same I paid for my stainless Charge+(heritage sheath) with black handles. I already have three Charges I don't carry, so I am going to have to pass on this deal. :(

I saw Lowes has dropped the Wave+ to $79 at my local store. I'm glad we are finally seeing some price relief from LM dealers  :woohoo:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #27 on: November 17, 2018, 11:54:54 PM
Thanks Steve. :salute:

Saw your post and link yesterday :drool: and did my best to resist. But BO!, :woohoo:  I caved and ordered this morning,  :whistle: but, probably will not see until Christmas :twak: as wife keeps asking for gift ideas to give to kids. :oops:

:popcorn:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 11:55:57 PM by LoopCutter »
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #28 on: November 18, 2018, 12:35:39 AM

Saw your post and link yesterday :drool: and did my best to resist. But BO!, :woohoo:  I caved and ordered this morning,  :whistle: but, probably will not see until Christmas :twak: as wife keeps asking for gift ideas to give to kids. :oops:

Hey, same here! I don't need another tool, and also did my very best to resist, but at $70 is very difficult to pass :facepalm: Hope this is for real, I just don't feel secure when eBay seller don't respond and ignore all messages.
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #29 on: November 18, 2018, 01:13:07 AM

Hey, same here! I don't need another tool, and also did my very best to resist, but at $70 is very difficult to pass :facepalm: Hope this is for real, I just don't feel secure when eBay seller don't respond and ignore all messages.

He was very prompt at answering my questions , it is the weekend and he could be busy   :dunno:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%