Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Retro gaming mini consoles.

Chako · 45 · 1577

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Retro gaming mini consoles.
Reply #30 on: December 11, 2018, 08:29:05 AM
Just tried the PlayStation mini. Not sure what all the negativity is about online. I quickly tried most games, and even the PAL games played ok.  :think:

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #31 on: December 11, 2018, 06:01:10 PM
What no colecovision? That was my collection back in the day, heck I had to have almost every game for that system, let alone more then two systems, one that never got used and stayed wrapped in plastic,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #32 on: December 12, 2018, 12:45:56 PM
From what I can tell...mini systems come out and sell out quickly...then systems go online for much more than you could buy them in the stores in the first place. The Collecovision mini is like that right now.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #33 on: December 26, 2018, 03:50:40 PM
Getting some much needed rest today. PS mini and SNES mini on the menu for today.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #34 on: December 26, 2018, 04:28:12 PM
and sore thumbs on the agenda for later?  :pok:
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: December 26, 2018, 04:37:52 PM
 :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #36 on: January 09, 2019, 12:13:33 AM
This just came in...a Pandora Key 7 3D with 2177 built in games. Love the "Handreds of games"...  :rofl:

Inside the box, you get two spare buttons, and a bag of screws.

A USB cable, a VGA cable, an HDMI cable, a power adapter, and a fairly good manual.

The particular one I got features a Tekken 7 graphics on the deck. Once powered, there is an LED strip that changes colours and lights the graphics from beneath.

The back of the game deck features a VGA connector along with a pair of USB, an HDMI, and the power connector. Also found here is a volume wheel for the built in speaker. Found also is the on/off switch and a settings button to access the settings menu.

The board found in this deck appears to be a bit more powerful than the Raspberry Pi 3 B+, featuring an octa core ARM Cortex - A53 2GHz with a T830MP4 650MHz 400Mtri/s 2.6Gpix/s GPU, and DDR32/4G of memory. Getting into the unit is easy via 3 Phillips screws on the front side. The whole deck flips open with the aid of a pair of hinges on the back side.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 12:15:28 AM by Chako »

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #37 on: January 09, 2019, 01:15:14 AM
Pretty slick kit
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

nz Offline moonweasel

Reply #38 on: January 10, 2019, 10:13:00 AM
This just came in...a Pandora Key 7 3D with 2177 built in games. Love the "Handreds of games"...  :rofl:

I'm a fan of the "Fluent game control experience"

I am becoming more curious about one of these Pandoras wotsits, but I still kind of want to build my own set up.
There is something to be said about plug and play though...

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #39 on: January 12, 2019, 02:16:01 PM
I am looking forward to seeing what you think of this one... assuming you ever manage to get back to a computer!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #40 on: January 13, 2019, 02:45:25 PM
Well...the games are mostly in alphabetical order except when it starts over again several times. I am thinking that this represents different emulation folders. This does make finding a game a little less convenient. As for the keys and joysticks...I find the quality to be good
Mind you, I do not have any Sanwa gear to compare.

Overall, a very convenient package to use...and a very fun one as well.

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #41 on: January 13, 2019, 06:23:49 PM
Just tried the PlayStation mini. Not sure what all the negativity is about online. I quickly tried most games, and even the PAL games played ok.  :think:

I have the PlayStation classic, and 3 original PlayStation 1 systems in my house.  I am sure most of the PAL region games are fine, but Tekken 3 is noticeably different in timing compared to the proper NTSC version.
I feel that the PlayStation classic does not have the polish of the SNES or NES classic with multiple save states (allowing more than just one person to play a game at a time (not simultaneous, but in parallel), or the display options that really made the image feel like I remembered (CRT filter).

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:25:37 PM by detron »
If I can help, let me know 

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #42 on: January 14, 2019, 12:03:53 AM
I agree. The Nintendo minis have a very nice front end. The C64 is very similar in that regard. The various Flashback units not so much.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #43 on: January 19, 2019, 01:00:23 AM
I now have all but the Super Famicon Retroflag Raspberry Pi cases...and I should have that last one delivered next week. Seeing that I am now collecting these mini systems...the Retroflag cases fit right in.  :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #44 on: January 26, 2019, 02:04:00 PM
I did not like that rickety old TV dinner tray, so I went around the city looking for something to replace that not so convenient but portable solution with something more convenient, sturdier, and equally as portable. Of course I couldn't find anything locally. Online however, it didn't take long to source something that looked good. The cart came in yesterday. It took me a good hour and a half to built it as the instructions left a lot to be desired. So I took my time. The end results are just what I wanted. The bottom shelf is large enough to fit all of my other mini systems in their packaging. There is a side section to stow away other long packages such as the USB keyboard. The height is adjustable, and there is a small side storage on top that is perfect for a few mini systems, or game controllers, etc. The cart is more solid than the old folding TV dinner table...even though I was a bit worried as the top shelf is held up only on one side. There is a bit of up and down motion if you press down on it...but nothing of note or to worry about. Best thing, this is on 4 castors that individually lock in place if so desired. Not bad for 50 dollars delivered free to my door within 4 days.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24