Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Red Rock Sidekick Sling Bag

Aloha · 19 · 1715

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Red Rock Sidekick Sling Bag
on: November 30, 2018, 11:51:19 PM
I was out thrifting today and found the bag.  I got it thinking it might make a good pack for either walks or possibly something else.  The price was right for sure.   
IMG_6236.jpg
* IMG_6236.jpg (Filesize: 209.05 KB)
IMG_6237.jpg
* IMG_6237.jpg (Filesize: 180.83 KB)
IMG_6238.jpg
* IMG_6238.jpg (Filesize: 197.62 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Re: Red Rock Sidekick Sling Bag
Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 12:05:20 AM
Good find!  It does look like it would be great for that purpose!   :tu:  Now you have to load it up and go for a hike and let us know what you think of it! 

I always look in Goodwill and places like that but never find anything good!  :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 01:14:29 AM by sir_mike »

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 01:10:17 AM
$4 was a steal! For just cramming some stuff you need for a day hike (or for me, fence work in the woods), it's got what you need.  All I find is the bargain bin Wally and department store bags at local thrift shops. Been considering finding a used Jansport, as my Wenger's on its last leg, and I need a semi-small backpack for EDC that isn't a laptop bag, hiking pack, or military surplus (which is all of my packs and bags, save a few little drawstring backpacks from trade shows).

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 04:18:39 AM
My EDC bag an orange "Hello Kitty" sling bag also came from a Goodwill store.  Fits in with my dislike for most things tacticool and it holds a water bottle, meal replacement bars, first aid kit, camera and sometimes gloves or a pouch of pipe tobbacco rather nicely.  I would like it just a tad bigger but I think I paid maybe $3.00 for it.
EDCbag.JPG
* EDCbag.JPG (Filesize: 96.74 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 06:50:21 AM
Nice sling bag, no seriously I like it.  I havent used the pack yet and honestly doubt I will.  I am not tacticool in any shape or form.  Low key under the radar actually.  I think I'll use it for.........   :dunno:.  I'm not really a bag carrying person.  I do have a wonderful leather belt pouch that I will carry when I want to take a few extras.
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 07:50:27 AM
Nice find! I kinda miss my sling, yet the kid doesn’t use it, :think: lol
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 03:41:53 PM
JR

Repo it. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 06:20:43 PM
JR

Repo it.
That was a thought..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 06:25:58 PM
He'll never miss it.   :pok:
Esse Quam Videri

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 06:58:57 PM
JR

Miss My!

:hatsoff:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 06:59:13 PM

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 10:40:41 PM
Just a follow up for those who played along.  I figured for $4 I can't loose so I should try it.  Well, I like it for my trip to the fleamarket.  Its a simple way to carry some items and not have my pockets filled if or when I find something.  I also can bring my water bottle and snack.  I tend to carry a few batteries just in case I find a light there.  I added a magnifying glass cause I'm old and my eye sight is not good even with spectacles.  I don't stuff this bag so its comfortable.  I wouldn't wear it beyond fleamarket so its worked out nicely.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: September 23, 2019, 05:04:16 PM
Random follow up.  I've carried this bag mostly for fleamarket trip and the occasional thrifting venture.  Its a good size and sits very comfortably on me.  Its never loaded so the weight is not worth mentioning.  I could carry everything I have in it in a smaller pouch like my Condor gadget pouch minus water bottle and granola bars. 

Reminds me when I was a father of diapered kids.  Those bags were stuffed.  They were easy to have on hand cause I put them in the stroller.  Having or choosing to carry a bag is not intuitive.  I don't work with a laptop or travel by train or bus so there hardly "need" for a bad.  I can usually pocket carry or I already have such items in my vehicle. 

I've seen more and more guy carrying bag of all types.  I've seen very young men too ( teens ) carrying bags.  I was approached by a guy ( 40s? ) who asked about my bag.  He thought it wa a maxpedition pack.  He said he's been looking for a bag so I briefly spoke about mine.  I am not convinced I'd carry a bag full time but its been nice situationally.   

I've tried to show where I keep the items with the pictures.  I think this is the maximum I'd carry at any one time other than a hike.  Where the bar is is where I also put my water bottle.  I still carry a SAK in pocket as well as my wallet and keys.     
IMG_8015.jpg
* IMG_8015.jpg (Filesize: 173.76 KB)
IMG_8016.jpg
* IMG_8016.jpg (Filesize: 193.98 KB)
IMG_8017.jpg
* IMG_8017.jpg (Filesize: 275.58 KB)
IMG_8018.jpg
* IMG_8018.jpg (Filesize: 222.29 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: September 23, 2019, 05:04:51 PM
Thanks for looking. 
IMG_8019.jpg
* IMG_8019.jpg (Filesize: 213.59 KB)
IMG_8020.jpg
* IMG_8020.jpg (Filesize: 250.67 KB)
IMG_8021.jpg
* IMG_8021.jpg (Filesize: 268.5 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: September 23, 2019, 05:26:02 PM
I took mine back, lol..
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 05:30:05 PM
Oh heck YA!  Good for you.  I see how a bag can be a nice thing to have.  Maybe I haven't found the perfect bag, nor am I trying, so this bag has worked good for me.  I tried a hip pouch ( condor ) but it was  little bulky for my belt.  Made my shirt stick out a little more than I was comfortable with. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: September 23, 2019, 05:48:56 PM
The one I took back is the one I really like so far,
My thing was buy the cheap imitations of the real bag, thus you don’t like it big deal, but then if you really do like it then maybe go for the expensive one, but I ain’t spending that much..
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: September 23, 2019, 05:53:50 PM
 :tu: I'm with you.  I wasn't looking so finding the bag I've shown was a surprise.  It being $4 it was a no brainer to get.  Pretty stoked how its worked out.  I wouldn't get a more expensive one tho as I cannot say Im a convert to bag carry. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: September 23, 2019, 06:07:42 PM
If I’m going to the store, it’s normal edc must haves, if I had a car things would change up and the bag would get tossed in everyday, if we go to a friends or some trip the bag goes no if’s, it’s come in handy a lot of times, even last weekend, someone was in need of duct tape and well guess what I had!
Here’s the bag I have but the “real deal” bag
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%