Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Waning !!!

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Waning !!!
on: December 28, 2018, 11:46:57 PM
I got an a
email today that was a little different than the usual phishing that comes from somewhere in Africa. The title was an old password that I used several years ago so it kind of got my attention. The smurf was trying to extort $1000.00 from me by claiming he had dirty pics of me doing smurf in front of my computer camera. Claims he got them by hacking my router. This seems highly doubtful since there is no camera on my computer.
Needless to say he is not getting smurf from me. However I did call the local police, yeah I know there isn't much they can do, but maybe they can warn otherts. I'm pretty sure he got the password from one of the hacked websites we used to do business with. Just be on your toes, this is one phishing lure I have not seen before.

Some body get me a bb gun so I can shoot his smurf off!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Waning !!!
Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 11:58:03 PM
I've got an old Daisy........ :rofl:

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Warning !!!
Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 12:01:44 AM
Yep, just another scam, the scammer doesn't actually have anything, just a userid and an old password.  I guess if they send thousands out and get a couple of bites then it is worth their while.  It is a useful reminder to change your passwords to keep safe.

There is another on that has started recently which states someone has engaged the scammer to throw acid in your face, but for a fee they will not throw acid in your face and will tell you who requested it.

I just flick scam emails like this into my junk folder, and regularly review the folder before I empty it.

babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 12:04:20 AM
Hehe, I got one of them "I hacked your router" emails too. It was in my spam folder though.  :think:
Anyway, he wanted 700 or something in cryptocurrency or he was gonna reveal my "naughty stuff"  :ahhh :D
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 12:07:54 AM
I've got an old Daisy........ :rofl:

I've got the big guns but I want it to take longer............more pain...............dirty smurfer :rant: :rant: :rofl:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 01:19:16 AM
I got an a
email today that was a little different than the usual phishing that comes from somewhere in Africa. The title was an old password that I used several years ago so it kind of got my attention. The smurf was trying to extort $1000.00 from me by claiming he had dirty pics of me doing smurf in front of my computer camera. Claims he got them by hacking my router. This seems highly doubtful since there is no camera on my computer.
Needless to say he is not getting smurf from me. However I did call the local police, yeah I know there isn't much they can do, but maybe they can warn otherts. I'm pretty sure he got the password from one of the hacked websites we used to do business with. Just be on your toes, this is one phishing lure I have not seen before.

Some body get me a bb gun so I can shoot his smurf off!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

Are you sure that this is going to be your defence ...  :think:

I mean ... I would give at least two reasons why it was highly doubtful  :pok:.

:D

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 03:19:36 AM
What's he trying to extort? I thought everyone got those pictures, Butch?   :rofl:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 03:29:34 AM
I assumed this was a thread about the phases of the moon, only to have mental image of Butch mooning forced into my brain  :ahhh :rofl:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 04:06:43 AM
I assumed this was a thread about the phases of the moon, only to have mental image of Butch mooning forced into my brain  :ahhh :rofl:

I had not thought of that................hummmmmmmmmmm................ interesting idea. :drink: :rofl: :rofl: :whistle:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 05:37:48 AM
I see what you did there Greg...  ;)

I assumed this was a thread about the phases of the moon
Me too... I was wondering "waning gibbous or waning crescent..."  :think:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 05:40:48 AM by Syncop8r »

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 09:38:06 AM
Hehe, I got one of them "I hacked your router" emails too. It was in my spam folder though.  :think:
Anyway, he wanted 700 or something in cryptocurrency or he was gonna reveal my "naughty stuff"  :ahhh :D
Well some of us know that you play with your Soldier on a daily basis...
:dwts:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #11 on: December 29, 2018, 09:44:20 AM
Well some of us know that you play with your Soldier Minitool on a daily basis...
:dwts:

FTFY  :salute:.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: December 29, 2018, 09:45:33 AM
You seem to know more than I do TG...

I'm trying to make up my mind between being intrigued or grossed out... :think:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #13 on: December 29, 2018, 09:53:42 AM
You seem to know more than I do TG...

I'm trying to make up my mind between being intrigued or grossed out... :think:

Just a wild stab in the dark, nothing more...

Show content

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: December 29, 2018, 09:54:53 AM
*a sense of relief embraces the mind*

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: December 29, 2018, 09:58:15 AM
:b2t:

I've heard of this scam before.

I have not received one of these messages before myself...
I also figured, that even if someone has genuine footage stolen from your pc, I wonder who the smurf will care?

Like, if a vid of someone unknown ends up online... so what? Nobody knows him, and the ones who do, won't be like "hey I saw your video on a xxx site!" Because that would just be like saying "I'm a regular there" :rofl:

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #16 on: December 29, 2018, 11:19:52 AM
Sharing it to your contacts would be a good threat.

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: December 29, 2018, 02:57:37 PM
https://haveibeenpwned.com/ may tell which breach is the source for the scammer.

If you have an old password you wonder whether has been cracked, you can take a look at https://haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords (Never enter a current password in a service like that, obviously, since that exposes that password for unnecessary risk (for being intercepted, stored, etc).)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%