Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

These boots are made for walking

Serena · 104 · 6401

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: These boots are made for walking
Reply #90 on: May 30, 2019, 10:42:00 PM
I had a cheap pair of Karrimor trainers that I wore for work, eight hours a day, five days a week for YEARS.  Unbelievable good value and were comfortable from the get-go.  I finally wore the soles paper thin and had to admit they were ready to retire. 
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #91 on: May 30, 2019, 11:01:37 PM
My boots / shoes are in the dryer at the moment, lol
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #92 on: June 07, 2019, 07:03:05 PM
:woohoo:
They arrived, and they fit!
Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
* Webp.net-compress-image.jpg (Filesize: 321.37 KB)
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #93 on: June 08, 2019, 06:57:27 AM
They look great.  Glad they fit.  I was happy to order online and receive boots that fit.  Having to return and go through that process was not something I was looking forward to. 
Esse Quam Videri

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #94 on: June 08, 2019, 02:08:11 PM
Right?
If they hadn't fit, it probably would have taken until July to have fitting shoes in hand. :ahhh (or "on feet", I might say)

I'll have to ease into these.
They absolutely do not allow you to walk with your heel contacting the ground first on each step. 0 padding. I'll have to walk on the balls of my feet.
On the flip side, they fit like gloves and weigh only 250 grams. :D
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #95 on: January 21, 2021, 05:51:31 PM
These Dr. Martens brown Chelsea boots have been my go-to boots for the last year.  https://www.drmartens.com/uk/en_gb/p/11853201

Lashings of Urad makes them well nigh 100% waterproof and the famous air-cushion sole makes them very, very comfortable.
IMG_20210121_091617977.jpg
* IMG_20210121_091617977.jpg (Filesize: 279.93 KB)

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #96 on: January 21, 2021, 06:44:57 PM
I quite like those, Gareth!

And nice thread bump :P
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #97 on: January 21, 2021, 11:38:26 PM
I quite like those, Gareth!

And nice thread bump :P

thank you and you're welcome.  :D

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Reply #98 on: January 31, 2021, 02:16:21 AM
Work totally relaxed the dress code so pretty much live in these.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #99 on: January 31, 2021, 04:09:04 AM
I switched to Dunlop boots entirely when my Muck had seen better days, and the heels ripped out of a less than one year old pair of Servus boots.   I wanted something that was "not made in the Orient". The Puroforts are Dutch-made and the Chesapeake American.

I wear Dunlop Purofort Plus Full Safety boots around the farm working and hiking in the woods. Since I don't go places like I did pre-COVID, I wear them more than anything else. I also wear them to town when I do go. These are MUCH more comfortable than the Muck Boots they replaced, which the foam calves had turned into Swiss Cheese, and the boots were no longer really waterproof. I did not want something cheap (I had a pair of Servus on which the heel ripped out after less than a year); and I didn't want foam calves as they rip in brush thickets and around barbed wire, and I wanted full safety and certified slip-resistant.  I ended up paying $180 for them; which was about double what the Mucks were. Luckily, I'd been planning to replace the Mucks for a year at the time.  I plan to get 5 years out of them like I did the Muck. These are really comfortable, and I can wear them a long time without my feet hurting. I'm a size 9.5W/EE, but these are 10s, to allow for heavy socks.  I've fallen and slipped in these MUCH less than the old Mucks (and the cheap Itasca I still keep around for snow boots, since they have a foam calf) or Servus.

KIMG2706 by cody6268, on Flickr

The tread. I didn't clean them before I took these photos back in late Oct.

KIMG2709 by cody6268, on Flickr

These are the cheaper Dunlop Chesapeake; about $25. These are also steel toe. These I wear for just general "throw on" and they replaced a pair of Crocs, and the Servus that wore out prematurely. I didn't really need a second pair, but I like having a cheap option.  Plus, if I get something on them, it's not like the expensive boots. Basically, these are garden shoes. They suck in the winter, however. Thus, they are warm-weather only. The tread collects snow which freezes, and then causes me to fall on my rear. The steel toe cap in these is also cold, due to the much thinner rubber they are made out of.

KIMG2708 by cody6268, on Flickr

« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 04:15:28 AM by cody6268 »

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #100 on: January 31, 2021, 12:20:01 PM
Nice wellies Cody.  :tu:  Yours are clearly doing a lot more than mine but I have a pair of Dunlop "blizzard" boots that have been great for the last couple of winters.  Comfiest wellies I've ever owned.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #101 on: January 31, 2021, 04:14:02 PM
 :iagree:.  I've used some cheap wellies for work but I always have to add inserts for my feet. 

I picked up some decent boots that had very low mileage on them.  I cannot recall the name off hand.  I also picked up some Clark desert boots ( Chukka ).  These were also pre owned, its not something is typically do but these also were seldom worn.  I picked up both incredibly cheap.  I'll post up pics later. 
Esse Quam Videri

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #102 on: January 31, 2021, 09:20:09 PM
These Dr. Martens brown Chelsea boots have been my go-to boots for the last year.  https://www.drmartens.com/uk/en_gb/p/11853201

Lashings of Urad makes them well nigh 100% waterproof and the famous air-cushion sole makes them very, very comfortable.
(Image removed from quote.)

Nice Dr.Ms, Gareth :tu:

I always liked their boots but the UK made ones. Was very sad when they moved the production of some models to Asia. :(

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #103 on: February 18, 2022, 04:26:04 PM
I picked up a pair of Wolverine steel toes that were worn but barely from the thrift store.  I've been wearing them every day for work and they are pretty good boots.  Don't know what they cost new but I paid $20.  The boots with them are ones I picked up a while back ( my last post ).  They are my yard boots.  I've never worn these type but I really like them. 

My favorite boots so far are Thorogoods.  The price went way up since I bought my first pair.  I'll take my worn beat up ones in for a resole which can be done since they have a Goodyear stitch.   In the mean time I bought the black ones but since I got the Wolverines I'll wear those till they are ready for the bin. 

* IMG_4477.jpg (Filesize: 414.67 KB)

* IMG_4478.jpg (Filesize: 144.99 KB)

* IMG_4479.jpg (Filesize: 395.37 KB)

* IMG_4480.jpg (Filesize: 415.98 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41