Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The LeatherGerManBer Tool

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
The LeatherGerManBer Tool
on: December 05, 2018, 05:04:06 PM
I have been wanting a pocket clip on a Blast. Never found a great clip for it. So, I cannibalized a Gerber folding box cutter for a clip. The results are not the prettiest, but it works. I will be on the lookout for a better clip to change it to, but this setup is strong as hell. No wiggle at all. :multi:

The stabilizer screw is mounted with a nut inside the frame. I had to mill out the Zytel a bit to make it fit, but it worked out.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 05:06:01 PM by gerleatherberman »
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: The LeatherGerManBer Tool
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 05:05:37 PM
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 06:44:15 PM
Nice :like:

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 06:55:50 PM
Great work GLBM :like: I always love seeing pocket clips put on MTs :salute: especially really good MTs like the Blast :tu: I had wanted to put one on mine many years ago and never quite got around to putting one on it :facepalm: but I am glad to see someone has  :tu: :like:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 07:45:41 PM
Thanks, RF and Poncho! :cheers:

The Blast with a pocket clip is something I think LM should have offered. Using the same system as the Kick. :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 07:53:16 PM
With the push button tabs I think LM should have employed the same clip system on the Zytel line as they did with the Wave/Charge lineup  :salute: Then they could have offered the same clips as they do now and would have had less to manufacture (ie not having to come up with the Kick clip system)  but that is neither here nor there :D and the Rebar and ST300 could have also had a chance at a clip option :facepalm: :D

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 08:07:44 PM
 :iagree:
That would be a good avenue for clips as well. LM sure did miss a good opportunity it seems. Any system would be better than the no-clip system they implemented. :dunno:

I definitely would have liked to pop the Wave clip in the Blast and gone on with my life. As it stands, I put in half an hour just to retrofit a Gerber-branded clip on the Leatherman Blast. It is a bit ugly compared to the Kick, SideClip, Wave, Charge, Surge, Signal, Skeletool, etc. clip systems. :ahhh

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 10:10:33 PM
Nice job !    :hatsoff:

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 05:51:00 AM
Great work GLBM :like: I always love seeing pocket clips put on MTs :salute: especially really good MTs like the Blast :tu: I had wanted to put one on mine many years ago and never quite got around to putting one on it :facepalm: but I am glad to see someone has  :tu: :like:

:iagree: love how people innovate to put on pocket clips on their tools! It's just so convenient to be able to clip them into pockets on so many occasions.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 06:31:12 AM
Nice job !    :hatsoff:
Thank you, Steve! :cheers:

:iagree: love how people innovate to put on pocket clips on their tools! It's just so convenient to be able to clip them into pockets on so many occasions.
Thank ya, Sam! :cheers:

The more I look at it, the less the Gerber clip is bugging me. With the pocket clip put on it, I'm having a Blast just popping it in my jeans front pocket. :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 12:27:49 PM
Other than having Gerber on it the clip looks really good, GLBM :D If not for the writing one would think that it came like that :tu: :like:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 02:51:32 PM
Other than having Gerber on it the clip looks really good, GLBM :D If not for the writing one would think that it came like that :tu: :like:
Many thanks, Poncho! :cheers:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 04:18:16 PM
Cool pocket clip nice job GLBM  :cheers: :like:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 05:57:12 PM
Cool pocket clip nice job GLBM  :cheers: :like:
Thank you, W! :cheers:

Not nearly as pretty as your Crunch clip job, but it'll do. :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%