Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SB Canada - silence

pomsbz · 15 · 1516

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
SB Canada - silence
on: January 14, 2019, 07:25:59 PM
Hi,

Anyone know if it's usual to have to wait a while to get a reply from them? I messaged them about a week and a half ago wanting to make a purchase. The website says 48 hours to reply. I sent another message last week but still nothing. Is this usual for them?

Thanks!
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Re: SB Canada - silence
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 08:07:21 PM
I don't think so. Alexei responded to me within a day. But that was at the end of 2017.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 08:25:33 PM
I don't think so. Alexei responded to me within a day. But that was at the end of 2017.

I had the same thing when I ordered last time from him some two years ago. Didn't have to wait.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 08:26:49 PM by pomsbz »
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

au Offline Brock O Lee

Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 12:51:10 AM
A few days ago I had an initial response within about 12h, and a few follow-up emails the next day to change shipping address. All good.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 04:20:59 PM
Have you checked in your Junk email folder ?  Sometimes our robot servants get a bit too fussy about what they will allow in to your intray.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 05:35:45 PM
Have you checked in your Junk email folder ?  Sometimes our robot servants get a bit too fussy about what they will allow in to your intray.

Yeah, every day. :( I sent a fresh message on Friday. Fourth one. Nothing yet. Weird that you're getting responses Brock.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 05:38:38 PM by pomsbz »

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 02:46:21 AM

Yeah, every day. :( I sent a fresh message on Friday. Fourth one. Nothing yet. Weird that you're getting responses Brock.
Maybe they aren't receiving your msg for some reason ?  At this stage it is worth trying a different method eg try facebook PM if you have been using emails, or vice versa.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 01:11:54 PM

Maybe they aren't receiving your msg for some reason ?  At this stage it is worth trying a different method eg try facebook PM if you have been using emails, or vice versa.

I've been using the contact form on their website. I'd forgotten I had an email address. I've tried that, thanks!

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 06:14:30 PM
I got a reply from email in about 3 hours! Woohoo! They must have something wrong with the website. I don't do other solutions like FB, etc so I hadn't thought of trying other avenues, thank you!

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 08:23:30 PM
Oh well, not so good. Shipping out here is prohibitively expensive unless I pay Paypal F&F which isn't actually an option from here and against paypal rules in any case. I don't know anyone in Canada. I could order from SB USA to my dad in NY but I've heard bad things about the US side of operations.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 02:33:24 AM
I got a reply from email in about 3 hours! Woohoo! They must have something wrong with the website. I don't do other solutions like FB, etc so I hadn't thought of trying other avenues, thank you!

No worries, happy to help (like many others here on this great site )   :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 06:49:29 AM
Oh well, not so good. Shipping out here is prohibitively expensive unless I pay Paypal F&F which isn't actually an option from here and against paypal rules in any case. I don't know anyone in Canada. I could order from SB USA to my dad in NY but I've heard bad things about the US side of operations.

Maybe ask one of our members in Canada to assist you?  Lots of Canadians on the forum who might be happy to help. 
Esse Quam Videri

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 06:52:36 PM

Maybe ask one of our members in Canada to assist you?  Lots of Canadians on the forum who might be happy to help.

That's a good idea. Um, can anyone help me if it won't be too much bother? Thanks!  :cheers:

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 05:12:29 AM
pomsbz - I just noticed this thread.  Are you still looking for assistance in getting goods from SB?  If so pm me and maybe I can help.  I am in Western Canada.

John.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 11:49:21 AM
pomsbz - I just noticed this thread.  Are you still looking for assistance in getting goods from SB?  If so pm me and maybe I can help.  I am in Western Canada.

John.

Thank you! I decided to give them a miss, I managed to get in touch but they won't ship abroad here any more and there were a few other problems despite a very kind Canadian offering to help out with the shipping.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%