Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Warranty and Sheath Questions

us Offline copper460

Warranty and Sheath Questions
on: December 10, 2018, 02:39:32 AM
Hello All,

I have a Gerber Suspension that I have carried daily for several years.  Some time ago one of the heads on the screws holding the handles together snapped off, possibly from being dropped.  I promise I have never tightened them. :)  Has anyone experienced this, and do you think, or was it covered under warranty?  I was going to email Gerber, but thought I would ask.

Second:  The sheath is one of the worst things about the suspension.  Has anyone found a leather sheath on eBay or elsewhere that fits well with the suspension?

Thank you all.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Warranty and Sheath Questions
Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 03:22:37 AM
I think they'll cover just about anything. I sent in an EZ Out that not only had a messed up clip, but some dodo had heated the blade, ruining its heat treat. Gerber replaced it no questions asked. As for the Suspension, parts cracking from being dropped is a common problem it seems, I believe because they're cast; iron I think.

As for the sheath, I've got a Kobalt that's about the same size as the Suspension that fits in this Normark sheath, originally intended for a lockback. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/One-Only-Normark-Sheath-Pocket-Knife-Leather-Sheath-5-NOS-Dark/161033291905?hash=item257e550881:g:gLkAAOxyW1NREmgl:rk:3:pf:1&frcectupt=true
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 03:35:53 AM by cody6268 »

us Offline copper460

Re: Warranty and Sheath Questions
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 09:23:26 PM
Thank you cody6268.  I’ll let you know what they say.  I appreciate the link to the sheath.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%