Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox 2019 Damascus Limited Edition

Syem · 52 · 4549

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Victorinox 2019 Damascus Limited Edition
on: December 08, 2018, 11:36:50 AM
So I've heard the next Damas knife from Victorinox will be a Wine Master with Oak scales.

Has anyone seen or heard anything about this?

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Re: Victorinox 2019 Damascus Limited Edition
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 11:38:37 AM
That will not be cheap! :)
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 11:51:47 AM
Of all the great models they could choose from, they select such a small niche of enthousiasts?
Strange...

I'd rather see something like a Yeoman or other discontinued toolconfig with damascus blade :drool:

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 01:19:12 PM
Of all the great models they could choose from, they select such a small niche of enthousiasts?
Strange...

I'd rather see something like a Yeoman or other discontinued toolconfig with damascus blade :drool:
Well... It is listed as one of their best selling models... It also won the reddot award 2018 and the kitchen innovation of the year 2018.

It's also one of their latest innovations AND their first original 130mm knife (that's not just a Vic remake of a Wenger knife).
The 130mm 2015 damas had great success too so it's a very understandable move. It's a bit sad they don't go for more risky stuff like original toolset or resurrecting defunct models but that's typical of these guys on the other side of the röstigraben

If it has a similar silver shield unlock button it might just be gorgeous.

It should sell and resell very well i think.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 01:22:36 PM
Uhm... yes, I stand corrected.
There are probably more wine lovers than SAK lovers out there, appealing to a wider public.

I was thinking with my collector mindset, which is not the general client mindset :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 03:25:16 PM
But...but...I don’t drink.  (Emoji - Lyons with head lowered walking away with blanket in tow)

nl Offline EMZ

Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 06:07:54 PM
But...but...I don’t drink.  (Emoji - Lyons with head lowered walking away with blanket in tow)

Well... you could start a new hobby... Drinking wine!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 06:41:19 PM
There are probably more wine lovers than SAK lovers out there, appealing to a wider public.

I was thinking with my collector mindset, which is not the general client mindset :cheers:
SAKs are also really popular gifts in Switzerland and a totally new SAK reduces the risk that you gift one the other guy already has.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 08:05:34 PM

Well... you could start a new hobby... Drinking wine!
Nooo... :rofl:
Resisting a LEGO bug as it it...enablers they are!
 :cheers:

so Offline maxt

Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 10:46:04 PM
I like this idea of WineMaster (though I would prefer to have a 91mm Damascus).
But they will have hard time not to repeat the style of their 2015 model - that RangerWood was the pure perfection.
1534539820163650194.jpg
* 1534539820163650194.jpg (Filesize: 373.98 KB)
Want to buy:
SwissChamp - 500 Mio
Huntsman - Eidgenossenschaft 700 Year Commemorative
Wenger - FASS 90 Grünig and Elmiger in Green scales

es Offline koke

Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 11:39:38 PM
Strange...

Well... It is listed as one of their best selling models... It also won the reddot award 2018 and the kitchen innovation of the year 2018.

It's also one of their latest innovations AND their first original 130mm knife (that's not just a Vic remake of a Wenger knife).
The 130mm 2015 damas had great success too so it's a very understandable move. It's a bit sad they don't go for more risky stuff like original toolset or resurrecting defunct models but that's typical of these guys on the other side of the röstigraben

If it has a similar silver shield unlock button it might just be gorgeous.

It should sell and resell very well i think.

:iagree:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 01:31:49 AM
But they will have hard time not to repeat the style of their 2015 model - that RangerWood was the pure perfection.
Oh boy, thats just way to cool. And different patterns!  :like: :tu:

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #12 on: December 09, 2018, 11:20:51 AM
Still think they should merge the Wine Master and Cheese knife

Or maybe two models of the WM - One as now and a new one with an additional cheese knife blade!!

Possbly retire the 111mm  :o   

us Offline BerkshireHunter

Reply #13 on: December 09, 2018, 08:21:08 PM
I still vote the Cadet for Damasteel.   :climber:

so Offline maxt

Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 10:15:24 PM
Still think they should merge the Wine Master and Cheese knife
This is exactly my product suggestion I have submitted to Victorinox some months ago. To replace the blade by a serrated for bread and add cheese blade. That will be a perfect wine combination and interesting serrated Damasteel blade )
Want to buy:
SwissChamp - 500 Mio

Offline gadgetman7

Reply #15 on: December 10, 2018, 02:20:33 AM
I hope it’s something different. I have no interest in that pattern and also don’t like the wooden scales. Oh well, at least I’d save some money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #16 on: December 10, 2018, 02:35:18 PM

SAKs are also really popular gifts in Switzerland and a totally new SAK reduces the risk that you gift one the other guy already has.

You may very well be right!

At dinner the other night with my wife, the table next to us had ordered 3 different bottles of wine between the 5 of them.  The Wine Stewart opened each bottle at the table with his Swiss Wine Master, and at least 3 of the party went  :drool:  :drool: :think: :hatsoff: over his tool, each asking in unison what and where to get one.  I will admit I was interested too!, Then found this discussion.

I am curious though, isn't all of Europe limiting on locking blades?  Which would restrict use in public and picnic settings.
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 07:05:20 PM

You may very well be right!

At dinner the other night with my wife, the table next to us had ordered 3 different bottles of wine between the 5 of them.  The Wine Stewart opened each bottle at the table with his Swiss Wine Master, and at least 3 of the party went  :drool:  :drool: :think: :hatsoff: over his tool, each asking in unison what and where to get one.  I will admit I was interested too!, Then found this discussion.

I am curious though, isn't all of Europe limiting on locking blades?  Which would restrict use in public and picnic settings.
Not Switzerland... the soldier knife has to be legal.

Basically, what it boiled down to is that when they wanted a new knife for the Swiss Military, they had to make that open to everybody (EU law)... so a Chinese company that basically offered to gift the knives had the lead. So, they changed the specifications and now the Soldier '08 is a weapon by EU standards. Weapons contracts don't need to be open to companies from other counties... so, Victorinox won :o
And because the soldier knife has to be legal (everybody carries one), they changed the law. That said, weapons laws in Switzerland are pretty mild. You should know that the largest shooting competition is not held in the US, but in tiny Switzerland with a wooping 130000 contestants. 8)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: December 10, 2018, 07:07:51 PM
Mostly reservists? :D

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: December 10, 2018, 10:38:20 PM
All kinds, also loads of girls, shooting is fairly popular. Also, the range is 300m :D (25/50m for handguns)

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #20 on: December 10, 2018, 10:54:31 PM
All kinds, also loads of girls, shooting is fairly popular. Also, the range is 300m :D (25/50m for handguns)
300 meters is like 330 yards on the other side of the pond. Very nice!  :like:
I also like the fact you get to take them home! I did see a YouTube video showing a gentleman going to do his qualification with the rifle and they do a safety check at the door and then like 2 other times...is that right?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 11:03:34 PM by Rapidray »

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: December 11, 2018, 01:13:48 AM
I also like the fact you get to take them home! I did see a YouTube video showing a gentleman going to do his qualification with the rifle and they do a safety check at the door and then like 2 other times...is that right?
You can't carry the bolt in the rifle while travelling with it to and from the army courses. You can't have a loaded magazine and definitely can't have a magazine in the rifle.

In terms of Swiss knife laws. The only restrictions I know are (and I prolly got some somewhat wrong so don't take this as legal advice :D ):
- No button-opening blade (no stilettos but the assisted opening knives are fine).
- No butterfly knives.
- No double-edged blades of less than 30cm (some exceptions are historical army bayonets and officer daggers which can be shorter than 30cm).
- No disguised knife (knife hidden as a pen for example. The crappy folding knife shaped like a pistol should be forbidden theoretically but it's borderline 'cause most can tell it's a knife).
- any knife used as a weapon is considered illegal. You can carry a huge bowie-knife (although you may be asked to justify doing it if they see you with it in the city) but the minute you're using it as a weapon, even to defend yourself, you can get in trouble and it may be seized.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 01:14:53 AM by Syem »

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: December 11, 2018, 08:15:51 PM
You can't carry the bolt in the rifle while travelling with it to and from the army courses. You can't have a loaded magazine and definitely can't have a magazine in the rifle.

In terms of Swiss knife laws. The only restrictions I know are (and I prolly got some somewhat wrong so don't take this as legal advice :D ):
1) No button-opening blade (no stilettos but the assisted opening knives are fine).
2) No butterfly knives.
3) No double-edged blades of less than 30cm (some exceptions are historical army bayonets and officer daggers which can be shorter than 30cm).
4) No disguised knife (knife hidden as a pen for example. The crappy folding knife shaped like a pistol should be forbidden theoretically but it's borderline 'cause most can tell it's a knife).
5) any knife used as a weapon is considered illegal. You can carry a huge bowie-knife (although you may be asked to justify doing it if they see you with it in the city) but the minute you're using it as a weapon, even to defend yourself, you can get in trouble and it may be seized.
I agree on 1+2, although I don't understand 2, butterfly knives make bad weapons. These you cannot even get a permit for these.
3) Only fixed blades, folders can have double-edged blades (e.g. the Gerber Fairbairn-Applegate folder is completely legal). Accidentally ordered a dagger that was shorter than described, is absolutely no problem, you just need a permit and carrying is restricted.
4) Never heard of that and its also not in the guidlines of the EJPD/fedpol
Addendum I) For some reasons throwing knives are also illegal, but you can buy them everywhere. :dunno:
Addendum II) Exceptions are historical weapons or if you partake in historical re-enactment. Then you can legally carry a dagger and what not.

Basically for guns the rule is, you are only allowed to carry them when you are going to use them (training, competition, hunting etc) and you have to take the direct route.
It is important that you transport ammo and weapon separately. Also, handguns have to be carried in your pack, not on your belt.

We have a 3rd category which are "dangerous items". This includes most tools (hammer, axe) and many sporting gear (baseball, Hornussen whip). They are legal, but you can only carry them with you if you need them (e.g. the hammer because you are a handyman, or the baseball bat if you go to your training). This has a funny result. By the letter of the law you are not allowed to carry a hammer, however, you can carry your Katana/Rapier/Longsword (they are explicitly listed as non-weapons) with impunity :duel:

Another funny thing is, that items intended to harm others (nunchuck, tonfa, brass knuckles and so on) are weapons... swords are not :rofl:

de Offline coSAK

• Mounted Swiss Army Knight
Reply #23 on: April 19, 2019, 08:49:50 PM
Surprisingly, there is no news here although May is already approaching.  :think:
WANTED: Red Farmer, Red Harvester, Soldier/SI 1975, Genuine Horn scales, Wenger 19th Hole Cigar Cutter

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #24 on: April 20, 2019, 12:10:29 AM
Those are beautiful SAKs maxt! :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #25 on: April 20, 2019, 02:12:38 PM

:dd:

The pattern on the 111mm blade is very pretty!

Heck, they all are!  :like:
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

so Offline maxt

Reply #26 on: April 20, 2019, 09:25:35 PM
Smoked oak wood looks fine to me. But the shape of the blade and the button is not new and it will repeat the previos 130mm model.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 09:30:47 PM by maxt »
Want to buy:
SwissChamp - 500 Mio

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: April 21, 2019, 01:30:48 AM
It'll be for sale on the 26th :)

Looks gorgeous and 6001 is a good number (I like 7s :P)

Offline gadgetman7

Reply #28 on: April 22, 2019, 07:08:08 PM
Have to pass on this one. I have no use for a wine tool.

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: April 22, 2019, 07:21:55 PM
Have to pass on this one. I have no use for a wine tool.

One more for the rest of us then! Lots of people see these damas Victorinox as investments though... or simply shelf Queens!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%